|Nawazuddin Siddiqui Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nawazuddin Siddiqui is an Indian actor who is best known for portraying Gopi in Paan Singh Tomar, Faizal Khan in Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 and Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 2, and Ganesh Gaitonde in Sacred Games. He has also appeared in a variety of other films such as Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., Black Friday, Manorama Six Feet Under, Peepli Live, Dev.D, New York, Talaash: The Answer Lies Within, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Manjhi – The Mountain Man, and Housefull 4. He has won numerous awards such as the Asia Pacific Screen Awards, Filmfare Awards, Producers Guild Film Awards, and Zee Cine Awards.
Budhana, Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nawazuddin graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in science, specializing in chemistry from Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar.
He acted along with a group of friends in over 10 plays to secure admission at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi, as it was the qualifying criteria for admission. He completed his graduation from the same in 1996.
- Father – Nawabuddin Siddiqui (Farmer) (Died in 2015 due to brain hemorrhage)
- Mother – Mehroonisa Siddiqui
- Siblings – Shamsuddin (Younger Brother), Shamaas Nawab Siddiqui (Younger Brother) (Director), Minauzzidin Siddiqui (Younger Brother), Faiz (Younger Brother), Almas (Younger Brother), Ayaz (Younger Brother), Shamiya (Younger Sister)
- Others – Yaqoob Siddiqui (Paternal Grandfather)
Shamas N Siddiqui manages Nawazuddin.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nawazuddin has dated –
- Sheeba – Nawazuddin was married to Sheeba. However, the union was short-lived, and they decided to part ways. He revealed that one of the reasons for separation was his hectic work schedule and the interference of her brother.
- Sunita Rajwar – Nawazuddin was involved with actress Sunita Rajwar for a brief period when he was in NSD. Their break up was a huge setback to Nawazuddin. Sunita went on to clarify that she left him because of his poor thinking.
- Niharika Singh (2009) – In his memoir An Ordinary Life, Nawazuddin revealed that he had an affair with his co-star Niharika Singh which lasted for nearly a year and a half. Niharika went on to clarify that the two dated for only a couple of months which started during the making of the film Miss Lovely. She later went on to file a complaint at the National Commission for Women (NCW), and Nawaz withdrew his book.
- Anjana Kishor Pandey (aka Aaliya Anjali Siddique aka Zainab Siddiqui) (2009-2020) – Nawazuddin and Anjali got married in 2009. They have 2 children – a daughter named Shora Siddiqui and a son named Anjali Siddique. In May 2020, during an interview, Aaliya revealed that she was seeking a divorce from Nawazuddin. In February 2023, she accused him of raping her and subsequently filed a rape complaint with proof at the Versova Police Station.
Race / Ethnicity
- His dusky complexion
- Dimpled chin
Nawazuddin has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mayur Suitings (2015)
- Kenwood Air-conditioner, Washing Machine
- Asian Paints Adhesives
- True Caller
- Spice Mobiles
- Maggi Hot and Sweet Chilli Sauce
Best Known For
Winning various accolades and awards for his memorable and outstanding performance in the movie Black Friday directed by Anurag Kashyap in 2007.
Nawazuddin made his theatrical film debut as the criminal caught in the Victoria House raid in the movie Sarfarosh in 1999.
First TV Show
In 1999, Nawazuddin made his television show debut as Ashraf on Stars Bestsellers: Alvida.
Nawazuddin believes in engaging in physical exercises that are comfortable and effective. Before entering the Bollywood industry, Nawazuddin was not particular about his diet plans.
But, after becoming an actor, he started giving attention to nutrition and hygiene. He also follows the concept of moderation.
His diet plan is –
- Breakfast – Half-boiled egg, Omelette, Poha, or Cornflakes with Green tea and Biscuits
- Dinner – Vegetable or Chicken Soup and Salad
- Dessert – Besan ka laddoo, Kala Jamun or Cham-cham
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Favorite Things
- Movie – Haqeeqat (1964), Upkar (1967)
- Co-star – Shahrukh Khan
- Song – Roz Roz Aankhon Tale
- Director – Faizal Khan
- Actor – Ashish Vidyarthi
- Actress – Sridevi
- Holiday Destination (India) – Jaisalmer
- Holiday Destination (Abroad) – New York
- Role Played By Him – Purandar in Bombay Talkies (2013)
Source – YouTube, YouTube, The Huffington Post, Bollywood Hungama, NDTV, Outlook India, Forbes India
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Facts
- He worked in a petrochemical company as a chemist in Vadodara in 1989 but later, decided to quit.
- He is the eldest among all his siblings.
- Nawazuddin was born to a zamindari Muslim family of Lambardars.
- Though he is a chain smoker, he ensures he doesn’t smoke in front of his daughter.
- He could not afford a cell phone and hence, bought a pager to receive messages from filmmakers.
- In 2012, Nawazuddin was honored with the”Special Jury Award” at the 60th National Film Awards for his work in Gangs of Wasseypur, Kahaani, Dekh Indian Circus, and Talaash.
- He confessed that biryani is his weakness, especially the biryani of Kolkata.
- Nawazuddin revealed that the biggest problem the film industry faces is the constant demand for actors to be good-looking. He also revealed that he was rejected several times because of his looks.
- He considers Sohail Khan as the coolest director to work alongside.
- While shooting for the movie Raman Raghav 2.0, he spent a lot of time in the slums of Dharavi. He fell ill and was even admitted to the hospital for 5 days.
- Initially, when he moved to Delhi, he worked as a watchman. However, he was fired because he was not fond of standing for too long.
- As a child, he would stand in front of the mirror and re-enact scenes from random thoughts in his head.
- Nawaz was not a movie buff when he was young.
- He charged a token amount of one rupee for his film Haraamkhor.
- He had his first crush on a girl named Najma.
- In January 2022, Nawazuddin revealed that he had built his dream bungalow in Mumbai and named it ‘Nawab’ after his father. The house has white exteriors, a big terrace, and a luxurious verandah and took 3 years to complete.
- In January 2023, in an interview with the Times of India, Nawazuddin said that he would never do a small role again even if he gets paid INR 25 crore for that.
- In February 2023, he was accused of leaving his 20-year-old domestic help named Sapna in Dubai without money or food. However, the next day, Sapna said that whatever she said previously was “under pressure” and that Nawazuddin is actually a good person.
- In March 2023, Nawazuddin’s estranged wife Aaliya put fresh allegations against the actor. Shed claimed that she and her 2 kids were thrown out of their own house by Nawazuddin. At that time, she had only INR 81 left with her and nothing else. The children had to sleep on the floor of their relative’s house.
- Later in March, Nawazuddin said that he was paying his estranged wife Aaliya INR 10 lakh a month for her expenses from the past 2 years after she relocated to Dubai. Before that, when she was in India, he was paying her INR 5-7 lakh a month. He was also paying extra for his children’s school fees, medical, travel, and leisure expenses. He also completely paid for the expenses of 3 films for Aaliya so that she could set up her income stream. She was given luxurious cars in Dubai but she sold them and spent that amount on herself as per Nawaz. He had also made Aaliya the co-owner of a luxurious flat in Versova, Mumbai which Nawaz bought for his kids. Overall, Aaliya was not using the funds efficiently.
- In March 2023 itself, Aaliya claimed that the actor didn’t even pay INR 3-4 lakh a month by sharing WhatsApp chats with him. Further, Aaliya’s niece had to take a loan of INR 1 lakh to pay for her children’s studies and travel.
- The next day in March 2023, Aaliya alleged that Nawaz’s male manager had hugged her minor daughter inappropriately multiple times.
- In March 2023, Nawazuddin filed an INR 100 crore defamation suit before the Bombay High Court against his estranged wife Anjana Pandey and brother Shamsuddin. He wanted his wife and brother to stop posting defamatory messages and updates on any portal (offline and online) and get a public apology from them.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0
He’s 75kg and 5’8