Budhana, Muzaffarnagar district, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nawazuddin graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in science, specializing in chemistry from Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar.
He acted along with a group of friends in over 10 plays to secure admission at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi, as it was the qualifying criteria for admission. He completed his graduation from the same in 1996.
- Father – Nawabuddin Siddiqui (Farmer) (Died in 2015 due to brain hemorrhage)
- Mother – Mehroonisa Siddiqui
- Siblings – Shamsuddin (Older Brother) (Passed away as an infant), Shamaas Nawab Siddiqui (Younger Brother) (Director), Minauzzidin Siddiqui (Younger Brother), Faiz (Younger Brother), Almas (Younger Brother), Ayaz (Younger Brother), Shamiya (Younger Sister)
- Others – Yaqoob Siddiqui (Paternal Grandfather)
Shamas N Siddiqui manages Nawazuddin.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nawazuddin has dated –
- Sheeba – Nawazuddin was married to Sheeba. However, the union was short-lived, and they decided to part ways. He revealed that one of the reasons for separation was his hectic work schedule and the interference of her brother.
- Sunita Rajwar – Nawazuddin was involved with actress Sunita Rajwar for a brief period when he was in NSD. Their break up was a huge setback to Nawazuddin. Sunita went on to clarify that she left him because of his poor thinking.
- Niharika Singh (2009) – In his memoir An Ordinary Life, Nawazuddin revealed that he had an affair with his co-star Niharika Singh which lasted for nearly a year and a half. Niharika went on to clarify that the two dated for only a couple of months which started during the making of the film Miss Lovely. She later went on to file a complaint at the National Commission for Women (NCW), and Nawaz withdrew his book.
- Aaliya Anjali Siddique (2010-Present) – Nawazuddin and Anjali got married in 2010. They have two children, Shora Siddiqui, and Yaani Siddiqui.
Race / Ethnicity
- His dusky complexion
- Dimpled chin
Nawazuddin has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Mayur Suitings (2015)
- Kenwood Air-conditioner, Washing Machine
- Asian Paints Adhesives
- True Caller
- Spice Mobiles
- Maggi Hot and Sweet Chilli Sauce
Best Known For
Winning various accolades and awards for his memorable and outstanding performance in the movie Black Friday directed by Anurag Kashyap in 2007.
Nawazuddin made his theatrical film debut as the criminal caught in the Victoria House raid in the movie Sarfarosh in 1999.
First TV Show
In 1999, Nawazuddin made his television show debut as Ashraf on Stars Bestsellers: Alvida.
Nawazuddin believes in engaging in physical exercises that are comfortable and effective. Before entering into the Bollywood industry, Nawazuddin was not particular about his diet plans.
But, after becoming an actor, he started giving attention to nutrition and hygiene. He also follows the concept of moderation.
His diet plan is –
- Breakfast – Half boiled egg, Omelette, Poha or Cornflakes with Green tea and Biscuits
- Dinner – Vegetable or Chicken Soup and Salad
- Dessert – Besan ka laddoo, Kala Jamun or Cham-cham
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Favorite Things
- Movie – Haqeeqat (1964), Upkar (1967)
- Co-star – Shahrukh Khan
- Song – Roz Roz Aankhon Tale
- Director – Faizal Khan
- Actor – Ashish Vidyarthi
- Actress – Sridevi
- Holiday Destination (India) – Jaisalmer
- Holiday Destination (Abroad) – New York
- Role Played By Him – Purandar in Bombay Talkies (2013)
Nawazuddin Siddiqui Facts
- He worked in a petrochemical company as a chemist in Vadodara in 1989 but later, decided to quit.
- Though he is a chain smoker, he ensures he doesn’t smoke in front of his daughter.
- He could not afford a cell phone and hence, bought a pager to receive messages from filmmakers.
- He confessed that biryani is his weakness, especially the biryani of Kolkata.
- Nawazuddin revealed that the biggest problem the film industry faces is the constant demand for actors to be good looking. He also revealed that he was rejected several times because of his looks.
- He considers Sohail Khan as the coolest director to work alongside.
- While shooting for the movie Raman Raghav 2.0, he spent a lot of time in the slums of Dharavi. He fell ill and was even admitted to the hospital for 5 days.
- Initially, when he moved to Delhi, he worked as a watchman. However, he was fired because he was not fond of standing for too long.
- As a child, he would stand in front of the mirror and re-enact scenes from random thoughts in his head.
- Nawaz was not a movie buff when he was young.
- He charged a token amount of one rupee for his film Haraamkhor.
- He had his first crush on a girl named Najma.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0