|Ashish Vidyarthi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1962|
Ashish Vidyarthi is an Indian actor and voice actor who has mainly worked in Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Bengali films. His filmography includes 1942: A Love Story, Drohkaal, Sardar, Naajayaz, Baazi, Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin, Mrityudaata, Koi Kisise Kum Nahin, Major Saab, Soldier, Haseena Maan Jaayegi, Vaastav: The Reality, Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai, Joru Ka Ghulam, Pape Naa Pranam, Bichhoo, Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love, Nightfall, Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Chor Machaaye Shor, Hum Kisise Kum Nahin, Waah! Tera Kya Kehna, Zindagi Khoobsoorat Hai, Thamizh, Ek Aur Ek Gyarah, Fun2shh… Dudes in the 10th Century, LOC: Kargil, CID Moosa, Lakshyam, Ellam Avan Seyal, Satyameba Jayate, Red Alert: The War Within, Daddy Cool, Barfi!, R… Rajkumar, Rang Rasiya, Once Upon a Time in Bihar, Besh Korechi Prem Korechi, Begum Jaan, The Lion King, and Captain Khan.
Until 1990, Ashish Vidyarthi trained at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi, India.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Govind Vidyarthi (An expert in cataloging and archiving vanishing Performing Arts of India for the Sangeet Natak Akademi)
- Mother – Reba Vidyarthi (née Chattopadhyay) (Dancer, Kathak Guru)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ashish Vidyarthi has dated –
- Rajoshi Vidyarthi – He had married Rajoshi Vidyarthi and the duo was blessed with a son named Arth Vidyarthi. Rjoshi is the daughter of actress Shakuntala Barua.
- Rupali Barua (2023-Present) – In May 2023, he married Guwahati, Assam’s Rupali Barua in the presence of family members and friends. He was 60 at that time. Rupali is linked to an upscale fashion store in Kolkata. The couple had a court marriage in the morning and a get-together in the evening.
Race / Ethnicity
Ashish Vidyarthi has Malayali roots on his father’s side and is of Bengali descent on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Often plays corrupt psychotic government officials
Ashish Vidyarthi Facts
- Alongside Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah, Ashish Vidyarthi co-starred as Commander Bhadra in the 1994 Hindi-language crime drama film Drohkaal. For this performance, he bagged the National Film Award for “Best Supporting Actor” while he also got nominated for a Filmfare “Best Villain” Award.
- He brought to life the character of Ramanbhai in the 1996 Hindi-language thriller film Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin and this role won him the Star Screen Award for “Best Villain” while he was also nominated for a Filmfare Award.
- In 2012, Ashish Vidyarthi co-starred as Narayana in the Telugu-language social problem film Minugurulu and this role earned him a Nandi Award for “Best Character Actor”.
- He was cast as Durjoy Chatterjee (Jhilmil Chatterjee’s father) in the 2012 Hindi-language romantic comedy-drama film Barfi!, starring Ileana D’Cruz, Ranbir Kapoor, and Priyanka Chopra.
- Along with Manoj Bajpayee and Rajkummar Rao, Ashish Vidyarthi co-starred as Advocate Anand Grover in the 2015 biographical drama film Aligarh.
- He has appeared in more than 300 films in 11 languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- Ashish is the co-founder and curator of AVID MINER Conversations.
- In 2023, he had a YouTube channel with over 1 million subscribers. He often vlogged about food.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0