|Michael Shuman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Michael Shuman is an American musician, songwriter, and actor who is best known as the bassist of the rock band Queens of the Stone Age.
Michael Jay Shuman
California, United States
Michael Shuman studied at Lanai Road Elementary School in Encino, California; Portola Middle School in Tarzana, California; and Campbell Hall High School in North Hollywood, California.
After that, he graduated from Loyola Marymount University (LMU), a private Jesuit and Marymount research university located in Los Angeles, California.
Musician, Songwriter, Actor
Hard Rock, Indie Rock, Stoner Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Space Rock, Indie Pop
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Guitar, Drums, Percussion, Keyboards
Buddyhead, Interscope Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Shuman has dated –
- Lily James (2021-2023) – He reportedly started going out with actor, voiceover artist, and theatre artist Lily James in February 2021 as they were seen kissing while leaving a hotel. Later, in February 2023, it was reported that the couple had called it quits.
Race / Ethnicity
He has often dyed his hair.
Michael Shuman Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of The Bar Mitzvah Boy in the romantic comedy film The Wedding Singer in 1998. The film stars Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore, Christina Pickles, and Christine Taylor.
- Alongside Jeff Lynn, Dash Hutton, and Evan Weiss, Michael Shuman co-founded the Los Angeles-based rock band Wires on Fire in the year 2004. The band has toured all over the United States and has shared the stage with acts such as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dillinger Escape Plan, The Icarus Line, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Cold War Kids, Black Lips, Man Man, Death From Above 1979, Pink Mountaintops, and others.
- In 2007, Shuman joined the rock band Queens of the Stone Age (commonly abbreviated as QOTSA). Formed in 1996, the band’s discography included several albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Gamma Ray, Songs for the Deaf, Lullabies to Paralyze, …Like Clockwork, Paper Machete, The Split CD, Era Vulgaris, In Times New Roman…, Villains, Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age, The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret, Stone Age Complication, Feel Good Hit of the Summer, No One Knows, Go with the Flow, Burn the Witch, My God Is the Sun, The Way You Used to Do, The Evil Has Landed, First It Giveth, and Little Sister.
- Michael Shuman was part of the album titled …Like Clockwork which was the sixth studio album released by the Queens of the Stone Age on June 3, 2013. The album was the band’s first full album since Shuman joined the band and peaked at #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart, US Top Alternative Albums (Billboard) chart, US Digital Albums (Billboard) chart, US Top Hard Rock Albums (Billboard) chart, US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, and US Top Rock Albums (Billboard) chart.
- In 2013, he contributed to the soundtrack of the video game Grand Theft Auto V as he worked alongside other musicians on the game’s score.
- Michael Shuman previously served as a bassist for the indie rock band Jubilee. The band’s discography consists of projects such as In With the Out Crowd, Rebel Hiss, Live In Belfast, and After the Crash. As stated in an early press release, Jubilee‘s sound was described as “something like The Replacements, The Stone Roses, Neil Young, Blur, Jane’s Addiction, Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and The Verve, all sliced ‘n diced together quite nicely.”
- He went on to create the soundtrack for the 2017 drama film Feed. Directed by Tommy Bertelsen, it stars Troian Bellisario, Tom Felton, and Ben Winchell.
Featured Image by Rama / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.0 FR DEED