|Lily James Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1989|
Lily James is an English actress, voiceover artist, and theatre artist who is best known for her roles like Lady Rose Aldridge née MacClare in Downton Abbey, Cinderella in Cinderella, Young Donna Sheridan in Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Poppy in Secret Diary of a Call Girl, and Countess Natasha Rostova in War & Peace.
Lily Chloe Ninette Thomson
Esher, Surrey, England
Lily James attended the Arts Educational School in Tring for her basic education.
In 2010, she completed her graduation from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, where she studied acting.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Voiceover Artist
- Father – James “Jamie” Thomson (Actor and Musician) (Died from cancer in 2008)
- Mother – Ninette Thomson (Actress)
- Siblings – Charlie Thomson (Older Brother), Sam Thomson (Younger Brother)
- Others – James Hamish Stewart Thomson (Paternal Grandfather), Helen Horton (Paternal Grandmother) (American Actress), William Eric Mantle (Maternal Grandfather), Marinette R. Touzet (Maternal Grandmother)
Lily James is represented by –
- Tavistock Wood Management, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
121 lbs or 55 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lily James has been romantically associated with –
- Jack Fox (2011-2012) – The English actor of the ‘Fresh Meat’ fame was in a relationship with the actress for a brief time.
- Matt Smith (2014) – The actress went out with the Doctor Who fame actor and her co-star of the movie Pride and Prejudice and Zombies in June 2014.
- Chris Evans (2020) – It was rumored that she was romantically involved with American actor Chris Evans in 2020.
- Dominic West (2020) – She had a fling with actor, director, and musician, Dominic West, in 2020. Later, Dominic and wife Catherine FitzGerald issued a statement stating that their marriage is strong and they were still together.
- Michael Shuman (2021-Present) – In February 2021, she was rumored to be dating musician Michael Shuman after they were spotted kissing while leaving a hotel.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, Scottish, French, and German descent.
- Slim figure
- Small waist size
- Acting prowess
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 32 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Best Known For
She is best known for her role as Lady Rose McClare in Downton Abbey, a period drama that was aired on TV between 2012 and 2014.
Lily has won accolades for her performances in films like Wrath of the Titans (2012) and Fast Girls (2012). She is also known for her title role in the 2015 release Cinderella.
She first appeared in a short film Chemistry as Ines in 2012.
First TV Show
She made her maiden TV entry as Ethel Brown in four episodes of the Just William series in 2010.
Lily James has been in the news for her tiny waist size in Cinderella. She has a slim figure which she attributes to regular Yoga lessons and cycling. However, it is reported that she takes on a body toning challenge for each role that she portrays on the big screen.
For the British film Fast Girls, the actress had to undergo rigorous training. She trained under Olympics Athlete Jeanette Kwakye and Olympic runner Shani Anderson. Running, circuit training, weight training, working out on the tracks, and going to the gym at least five times a week was essential for her athletic look in the movie.
She also adhered to a high-protein diet that included fish, chicken, and protein shakes. However, she quit this rigorous training after the movie shoot was over.
The most important aspect of her fitness is her diet. The actress has admitted being on a liquid diet before the shooting of the corseted gown sequence in Cinderella, to attain the perfect body line. The actress advises doing regular exercises in the morning and drinking lots of water to remain hydrated.
Lily James Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolates
- Love – Acting and Dancing
- Disney Characters – Ariel and Belle
- Childhood Memory – Going to Musicals on birthdays
Lily James Facts
- She has been named as the next Keira Knightley.
- Hayley Atwell, her on-screen mother in the movie Cinderella, shares the same birth date as Lily.
- She has won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for her role as Lady Rose MacClare in Downton Abbey.
- She went to audition for Anastasia, the stepsister of Cinderella but got the lead role in Cinderella.
- Lily James believes in women empowerment and feels good to see actresses who are healthy and curvy.
- She was cast as Juliet in the Garrick Theatre production of Romeo and Juliet in 2016. This performance got her nominated for a 2017 Whatsonstage.com Award in the “Best Actress in a Play” category.
- Lily James can be followed on Instagram.