|Christine Taylor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1971|
|Eye Color||Gunmetal Blue|
Christine Taylor is an American actress. While in school, she got her first acting gig at the Civic Theatre in her hometown. Thereafter, she acted in many community shows and acted in plays such as The Wizard of Oz and Fiddler on the Roof. She began her acting career with the 1989 teen TV series Hey Dude, which she considers as the defining moment in her acting career. While working on the show, she made several guest appearances in TV series and talk shows. She appeared in her first film in 1993 and became a household name after playing Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie (1995). After becoming a mother, she also tried her hand at writing and penned 2 children’s books – Red Riding Hood and the Toad (2009) and In the Garden (2013).
Christine Joan Taylor
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Westchester County, New York, United States
Christine graduated in 1989 from Allentown Central Catholic High School in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- Father – Albert ‘Skip’ Taylor III (Security Company Owner)
- Mother – Joan Taylor (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Brian Taylor (Brother)
- Others – Albert Eugene Taylor, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Agnes A. Benson (Paternal Grandmother), Gerald ‘Jerry’ Isaac Stiller (Ex Father-in-Law) (Actor, Producer), Anne Meara (Ex Mother-in-Law) (Actress, Writer, Producer), Amy Stiller (Ex Sister-in-Law) (Actress, Writer)
She is represented by United Talent Agency.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christine has dated –
- David Lascher (1989-1990) – Christine had met actor David Lascher on the sets of TV series Hey Dude (1989-1991). The two were co-stars in the show, which was Christine’s acting debut. Their dating stint ran in parallel with their time on the show and they parted ways after the filming for the show was over.
- Bill McCaffrey (1991) – Christine had dated professional basketball player Bill McCaffrey for a brief while in 1991. They had known each other from high school and were together when Bill’s university, Duke University won the NCAA championship in 1991. They had to split as Christine was beginning to extend her acting career and Bill was going to Italy to turn professional in his career. The two stayed close friends for a long time even after their breakup.
- Matthew Lillard (1995) – Christine had a brief fling with actor Matthew Lillard in 1995. The duo had appeared together in a show and started dating. However, Christine left the relationship within a few months.
- Neil Patrick Harris (1997-1998) – Christine dated actor and comedian Neil Patrick Harris for less than 2 years in the late 90s. This was before Neil had come out as gay. He has even credited his relationship with Christine in helping him realize and come to terms with his sexual orientation.
- Ben Stiller (1999-2017; 2022-Present) – Christine met actor/director Ben Stiller while they were at the sets of a never-broadcast TV pilot of a show called Heat Vision and Jack (1999), which Ben was directing. Ben has stated in an interview that it was love at first sight for him. They started dating and got engaged in December 1999. Soon after, they got married on May 13, 2000, in Kauai, Hawaii. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Ella Olivia Stiller (b. April 10, 2002) and a son named Quinlin Dempsey Stiller (b. July 10, 2005). After 17 years of marriage, in a surprise announcement, the couple informed everyone that they had parted ways in May 2017. In February 2022, during an interview, Ben revealed that he and Christine had rekindled their romance.
Race / Ethnicity
Christine is of English, Polish, Swedish, German, Irish, and Scottish descent.
- Soft, high-pitched voice
- Dimpled smile
- Long, Straight hair
Christine has appeared in TV commercials for brands such as –
- Burger King
- National Dairy Board
Christine has served as the spokesperson for –
- Nourish organic skincare products
Best Known For
Her portrayal of Marcia Brady in the films The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996); as well as for her performances in films like The Wedding Singer (1998), Zoolander (2001), and DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story (2004)
Christine made her feature film debut as Melissa Smock in 1993 in the comedy-drama film Calendar Girl.
First TV Show
In 1989, she made her TV show debut as Melody Hanson in Nickelodeon’s teen sitcom Hey Dude.
Christine has always been conscious of her diet and restricts herself to organic products. Inspired by an incident involving her daughter (who was 7 at the time), Christine proactively turned vegetarian. Moving away from meat meant that she tilted to beans and brown rice for her protein requirements. Her nutritionist Kimberly Snyder helped her with a recipe for a homemade vitamin-packed green smoothie, which she religiously follows to care for her skin and immune system.
She practices Power Yoga and Kundalini Yoga for overall wellness. She also frequently encompasses her favorite outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming, and playing tennis into her overall fitness routine.
Christine Taylor Favorite Things
- Food – Cheese
- Snack – Edamame
- Pets – Dogs
- Movie Genre – Horror
- Comedy Movies – Meatballs (1979), and Revenge of the Nerds (1984)
- Sports – Tennis, Basketball
- Tennis Players – Chris Evert, John McEnroe, and Boris Becker
- Pastime – Vacuuming
- Beauty Indulgence – Manicure, Pedicure
Christine Taylor Facts
- She continues to support the Civic Theatre in Allentown, where she got her first acting gig through various gala events.
- She and her ex-husband Ben Stiller have both made guest appearances on the TV series Friends (Christine as Bonnie in 1997, Ben as Tommy in 1997) and Arrested Development (Christine as Sally Sitwell from 2018 to 2019, Ben as Tony Wonder from 2004 to 2006, 2013, and 2018 to 19), although they never featured in the same episode.
- Christine and Ben have appeared together in movies like Zoolander (2001), Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004), Tropic Thunder (2008), and Zoolander 2 (2016).
- In 2014, her book Escape from the Green Mansion: Ordinary Church Women and Their Extraordinary Rescue of San Francisco’s Brothel Slaves was published.
- Christine’s uncanny resemblance to Maureen McCormick, the actress who had played Marcia Brady in the original TV series The Brady Bunch (1969–1974), helped her land the breakthrough role in The Brady Bunch Movie (1995).
- Her pronunciation of school as “skule” in the movies The Brady Bunch Movie (1995) and A Very Brady Sequel (1996) was her way of reimagining the character of Marcia Brady. Maureen had never used that style or accent.
- She had filmed 6 episodes as the main lead for the TV series Party Girl (1996). However, the show got canceled after the airing of just 4 episodes.
- She featured in a 1996 episode of MTV’s dance-themed TV show The Grind. She also featured in the music video of The Wiseguys’ 1998 song Start The Commotion.
- Christine has been featured on the covers of numerous magazines such as Mademoiselle (US) (October 2001), Redbook (US) (July 2004), and HILuxury Magazine (US) (August 2013).
- In an interview, she has revealed that she is an impulse buyer. She is also not very outdoorsy and prefers to spend the weekend at home with her kids and family.
- In 1993, Christine and a friend of hers were threatened at gunpoint in a car-parking lot in Los Angeles. Christine’s BMW car was stolen and never found again.
- Christine is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Rachael Ray Show / YouTube