|Neil Young Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1945|
Neil Young is a Canadian singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, occasional actor, and activist who is counted amongst one of the most influential artists of all time. A former member of the band Buffalo Springfield, his talent has been honored with several awards including Grammy and Juno awards.
Neil Percival Young
Bernard Shakey, Don Grungio, The Godfather of Grunge, Young
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Neil Young studied at Faulkner Elementary School, Earl Grey Junior High School, and Kelvin High School.
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Director, Actor, Screenwriter, Humanitarian, Entrepreneur, Inventor
- Father – Scott Alexander Young (Journalist, Sportswriter, Author, Broadcaster)
- Mother – Edna Blow Ragland “Rassy” Young (A member of the Daughters of the American Revolution)
- Siblings – Robert “Bob” Young (Older Brother)
- Others – Astrid Young (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Singer, Songwriter)
Neil Young is represented by ICM Partners, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Rock, Folk Rock, Hard Rock, Country Rock, Proto-Grunge
Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica, Piano
Warner Bros., Reprise Records, Atco Records, Atlantic, Geffen Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Neil Young has dated –
- Lucinda Williams
- Pam Courson – Rumor
- Susan Acevedo (1968-1970)
- Carrie Snodgress (1970-1975) – Between 1970 and 1975, he dated American actress Carrie Snodgress and the duo has a son named Zeke Young (b. September 8, 1972).
- Pegi Young (1976-2014) – He started going out with singer Pegi Young in 1976 and they married in August 1978. They were blessed with 2 children – a son named Ben Young (b. 1978) and a daughter named Amber Jean Young (b. 1984). The duo divorced in 2014.
- Daryl Hannah (2014-Present) – Neil Young is married to actress and environmental activist, Daryl Hannah.
Race / Ethnicity
Neil Young is of Scottish, English, Irish, Northern Irish, and French Huguenot descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Distinct voice
- Songs that usually revolved around personal and political themes
Neil Young Favorite Things
- Albums Of His Own – Trans, Everybody’s Rockin’, Tonight’s the Night
Source – IMDb
Neil Young Facts
- He is an environmentalist.
- Neil Young was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 as a member of Buffalo Springfield.
- He has also been a member of the folk-rock supergroup, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
- Rolling Stone once named him as the 34th Greatest Artist of all time in Rock ‘n’ Roll.
- Some of his musical influences include Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Hank Marvin, The Chantels, The Monotones, Ronnie Self, the Fleetwoods, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash.
- Neil Young supports the Canadian charity Artists Against Racism.
- He was one of the many victims of the 2018 Woolsey Fire.
- In January 2021, it was reported that Neil had sold 50% of his worldwide copyright and income interests in his entire song catalog (which comprises 1,180 songs) to Hipgnosis Songs.
Featured Image by 6tee-zeven / Flickr / CC BY 2.0