Daryl Christine Hannah
Chicago, Illinois, United States
She pursued her early education at Francis W. Parker School. Later, she joined the University of Southern California. She devoted a considerable part of her life learning acting and ballet.
Basically a film actress, she is most famed for her versatile roles.
She has proved her mettle as a theater artist too. It was seen when she reprised Marilyn Monroe‘s role in The Seven Year Itch at London’s West End and received rave reviews for her skills as a comedienne.
Writer, Director and Producer
She had also written, directed and produced The Last Supper, which was a short film. She did a thorough research on strippers for her role in Dancing at the Blue Iguana. She summed up her research founding as a director, cinematographer and producer for her documentary film ‘Strip Notes.’ It was aired on Channel 4 and HBO.
She has been an active campaigner of environmental cause and was arrested twice for demonstrating against sustainability threatening developments.
- Father – Donald Christian Hannah (Tugboat and Barge Company Owner)
- Mother – Susan Jeanne (Later married to Jerrold Wexler, a businessman) (Former Schoolteacher)
- Siblings – Don Hannah (Brother), Page Hannah (Younger Sister) (Actress), Tanya Wexler (Younger Half-Sister) (Film Director)
Her career is managed by Chuck Binder of Binder & Associates.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
150 lbs or 68 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Daryl has been romantically linked with –
- Jackson Browne (1983-1992) – She dated singer Jackson Browne for almost 10 years. But, the couple said to have serious altercation and Browne was even alleged physically abusing Hannah.
- Mick Jagger (1987) – Her link with musician Mick caught media attention, when in 1987, the duo left a club in New York together. But, it was more of short encounter, rather than a committed relationship.
- Warren Beatty (1987) – In 1987, she had fling with actor Warren Beatty. Warren is about 24 years older than Hannah.
- Jim Henson (1989) – In 1989, a year before the death of Jim Henson, Daryl was RUMORed to be dating Jim, who was a cartoonist, actor, and film director.
- John F. Kennedy Jr. (1988-1994) – She was in a committed relationship for several years with John Kennedy Jr. However, John’s mother Jacqueline Kennedy never agreed to the proposal of her son tying the knot with an actress. Hence, the relationship couldn’t materialize between the couple. Moreover, John found Daryl still had feelings for Jackson Browne and their relationship was complicated, even after dating for almost six years.
- Val Kilmer (2001-2002) – Hannah was linked with actor Val Kilmer and despite being committed towards each other, they parted their ways in 2002.
- David Blaine White (2002) – There was a buzz that Daryl was dating magician David Blaine who is much younger than her. However, it didn’t last even a year.
- Brad Renfro (2003) – Daryl met Brad who was almost 22 years younger than her on the set of the movie The Job (2003). Their relationship was very short-lived.
- Sean MacPherson (2004-2006) – Hannah was in a relationship with Sean for almost two years. Nevertheless, his details remained more as a secret to media. It was a low key affair.
- Neil Young (2014-Present) – Singer Neil and Daryl came close mostly due to their environmental interests. Neil then filed for divorce from Pegi Young, his wife of 36 years in July 2014. Then, the couple was spotted quite often shopping, strolling and vacationing together. They got married in August 2018 which was confirmed in October 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Norwegian, Scottish, Irish, English, and German descent.
- Striking blue-green eyes
- Curly long locks
- Hour-glass figure
- Husky voice
36-25-37 in or 91.5-63.5-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU)
In 2010, she appeared in a Nissan car commercial.
She was the face of the Sun, Moon, Stars fragrance by Karl Lagerfeld (1996).
She also appeared in the UK commercial of Orange mobile phone company.
Best Known For
Daryl is best known for her role as Pris in Ridley Scott’s science fiction flick Blade Runner (1982). Instead of using stuntwoman or body-double, she herself performed many of the stunts in this movie.
Her portrayal as a mermaid in Splash (1984) was highly acclaimed and she was awarded as Saturn Award for Best Actress.
She was appreciated for her role in Roxanne (1987) and Wall Street (1987), Steel Magnolias (1989) and Kill Bill (2003). She received Best Fight—MTV Movie Award for Kill Bill: Volume 2 in 2005.
Played a small role of a student (Pam) in the supernatural drama film The Fury (1978).
First TV Show
In 1997, she appeared in drama series Gun, where she played the role of Jill Johnson in an episode titled “All the President’s Women.”
Daryl Hannah takes help from the personal trainer, Angie.
Daryl has always been fitness enthusiastic. Added to her workout regimen, her strict and healthy vegan diet has been able to keep her in shape. She has a stronger upper body. A series of shoulder workouts are a part of her daily exercises.
Daryl Hannah Facts
- Being an insomniac from her childhood, she found movies a great way to fight it out and developed an interest in them.
- She was selected as one of the 100 sexiest stars in Hollywood (1995) by Empire magazine.
- She lost the index finger of her left hand in an accident during her young age. Mostly in movies, she uses a prosthetic finger.
- For several years, she kept it under wraps that she suffers from agoraphobia (fear of open spaces) assuming it might destroy her career.
- She had been an overly shy person ever since her childhood. Once it was so acute, that she was identified as an autistic case. Till date, she prefers to be a lone observer, than an active participant.
- In two different incidents, she chased muggers in New York and caught hold of them by herself.
- A die-hard green-activist, she lives off of solar power. Even her car runs on recycled grease of fast-food.
- She is the producer of a “green” vlog called “dhlovelife.com.” It revolves around healthy living, sustainable energy and farming.
- In her film career, she has turned down many offers. She refused the role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman, as she felt it was belittling to women. She also denied the role of Emmeline Lestrange in The Blue Lagoon (1980), Brooke Shields bagged the offer.
- She was replaced by Uma Thurman in the role of Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction (1994), which was first offered to her.
- One of her boldest roles was that of a stripper in Dancing at the Blue Iguana (2000).
- Her record-breaking movie Splash caught the attention of Walt Disney company, which went to not just making a television sequel but also created the animated feature The Little Mermaid.
- She had made a shocking revelation during her appearance on America’s Most Wanted in 2006, that she had a narrow escape in her late teens when she was lured to Las Vegas under deceitful ploys. She saved herself from being sold into sex slavery.
- She, along with actress, Hilary Shepard Turner designed two board games, Love It Or Hate It and LIEbrary.
- She in association with Michael Monteleone co-wrote the song “Put Out the Fire.” She also performed it in the movie Legal Eagles (1986).
- She sang backing vocals for Clarence Clemons’ as well as Jackson Browne’s 1985 hit “You’re a Friend of Mine.”
- She has been declared as the “Sexiest Actress Alive” by Glamour magazine (August 2015 issue).
- Connect with Daryl on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.