|Ridley Scott Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 30, 1937|
Ridley Scott is an English film director and producer who is widely known for having directed numerous hit movies including the science fictions Alien (1979), and Blade Runner (1982), the road crime features Thelma & Louise (1991), the Academy Award-winning historical drama Gladiator (2000), and the war movie Black Hawk Down (2001). Scott is the recipient of many accolades such as the BAFTA Fellowship in 2018 for “Lifetime Achievement”.
South Shields, County Durham, England, United Kingdom
He attended Grangefield Grammar School in Stockton on Tees and acquired a diploma in Design at West Hartlepool College of Art. He also went to study at the Royal College of Art in London.
Film Director, Producer
- Father – Colonel Francis Percy Scott
- Mother – Elizabeth Jane née Williams
- Siblings – Tony Scott (Younger Brother) (Filmmaker), Frank Scott (Brother)
He has been represented by RSA Films and Scott Free Productions, Inc.
His net worth was $400 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Felicity Heywood (1964-1975) – He married Felicity in 1964. They got divorced in 1975. The pair had 2 sons named Jake and Luke, both of whom have worked as directors in Scott’s production company called Ridley Scott Associates.
- Sandy Watson (1979-1989) – He tied the knot with Sandy in 1979 and had a daughter with her named Jordan Scott.
- Giannina Facio (2015-Present) – He got married to Giannina in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English and Scottish descent.
- Thin lips
- Sharp nose
He has directed TV commercials for a number of brands like Barilla pasta (1992).
Ridley Scott Favorite Things
- Film – Muriel’s Wedding (1994) that he has seen more than 6 times and found to be truly fantastic
Source – IMDb
Ridley Scott Facts
- As a student at the Royal College of Art, he used to write for the school’s magazine named ARK and had helped establish the film program of the college. His first movie named The Duellists had been a big hit at the Cannes film festival in 1977, bagging the “Best Debut Film Award” along with receiving a nomination for the festival’s top prize namely the Palme d’Or.
- He and his brother Tony Scott had served as executive producers for the acclaimed CBS drama series, The Good Wife.
- Scott has been grateful to have been blessed with a great eye that had even got in his way as he used to be criticized for being overly visual. However, he has believed that what he has is an advantage, and has constantly looked for a way of evolving and avoiding what he has done before.
- Ridley has pointed out that he has been a moviemaker, and not a documentarian, and has tried to hit the truth.
- He has considered art to be like a shark where one must keep swimming, in order to avoid getting drowned. He has also never had concrete plans and has instead, gone to what has fascinated him next.
- Scott has noticed that he has less patience, mainly due to being experienced, and wanted the very best people around him.
- Ridley has been an avid smoker of Montecristo Cuban cigars.
- He had generally cast or worked with actors who have a solid theatre background and are graduates of drama school. He has relished being personally involved with the casting of his films.
Featured Image by Ridley Scott Creative Group / Instagram