Amelia Catherine Bennett
Millie, Slow Moving Millie
Merseyside, England, United Kingdom
Amelia got her early education from Royal Masonic School for Girls.
After graduating, she attended College of Fine Arts. But as the college did not allow her to take sufficient time off for her acting commitments, so she later decided to join a college in Belsize Park for a short time.
Actress, singer, songwriter
- Father – Alun Lewis (Welsh Actor)
- Mother – Annette Ekblom (English Actress)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Hywel Bennett (Maternal Uncle) (Welsh Actor)
Amelia is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management Group.
Island Records (Part of Universal Music Group)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amelia Warner has dated –
- Joaquin Phoenix (2000) – In 2000, Amelia Warner was reported to be dating American actor Joaquin Phoenix after having grown closer during the shooting of the critically acclaimed period film. Though their representatives never confirmed their relationship, but they were spotted attending various events together.
- Colin Farrell (2000-2001) – Amelia started dating actor Colin Farrell in 2000. After being together for around five months, they held a little wedding ceremony on a Tahiti beach. However, the wedding wasn’t legally binding. It didn’t work out and they went separate ways four months after the ceremony.
- Adam Garcia (2003-2004) – After staying single for a couple of years, she started going out with Australian actor Adam Garcia after meeting on the sets of Australian movie, Love’s Brother (2004).
- Jamie Dornan (2007-Present) – Amelia Warner finally found love in Northern Irish actor Jamie Dornan. They met at a party in London. In January 2013, Warner was spotted wearing a sparkling diamond ring while in Miami with Dornan, which lead to tabloids guessing about their engagement. In April 2013, they made their relationship official with a wedding ceremony at Orchardleigh House in Somerset. The couple has 3 children, daughters Dulcie (b. November 2013), Elva (b. February 2016), and Alberta (b. 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
Amelia has Welsh ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Swedish and Irish descent on mother’s side.
- Short cropped hair
- Hourglass figure
35-24-34 in or 89-61-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Under her pseudonym Slow Moving Millie, she has lent her voice to a number of British commercials.
In 2011, she worked in the TV campaign, which was launched during the Christmas season for the John Lewis department store chain.
She also performed a song, Beasts for the television commercial for the Virgin Media.
Best Known For
- Her music work under the name Slow Moving Millie.
- Her work in the critically acclaimed movie, Quills (2000).
Amelia released her first album Renditions in December 2011 under Island Records. The album went on #89 on UK Music Charts.
Amelia made her film debut in 1999 with romantic comedy film Mansfield Park as Fanny.
First TV Show
Warner first appeared in the British TV series Kavanagh QC in 1998.
Amelia Warner Facts
- On the lower area of her left hand, she has a tattoo of a small star.
- Her mother Annette Ekblom, being an actress, tried to discourage Amelia from getting in show business.
- She decided against watching her husband Jamie’s erotic love story Fifty Shades of Grey (2015) because she wasn’t comfortable watching her husband in steamy scenes.
- She gave on her acting career to focus on becoming a full-time musician.
- Amelia was discovered by an agent while performing with her friends in a play at Covent Garden.
- She completed her high school education with three A-level grades.
- Catch Amelia on YouTube VEVO and Google+ VEVO.