Adam Gabriel Garcia
Wahroonga, Sydney, Australia
Adam Garcia went to the Knox Grammar School in his hometown of Wahroonga. After completion of college studies, he had got enrolled in a university to become a Chemical Biologist. However, he dropped out to focus on his acting work.
He took classes at the Capital Dance Studio in Sydney.
Actor, Dancer, Singer
- Father – Fabio Benjamin Garcia (Columbian Drug Lord)
- Mother – Jean Balharry Garcia
- Siblings – Unknown
Adam Garcia is represented by London based talent agency, Creative Artists Management.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adam Garcia has dated –
- Laetitia Ray (1998-2001) – Adam Garcia started going out with actress Laetitia Ray in 1998. They had first met while working in the stage production, Saturday Night Fever and had fallen in love while collaborating for the acclaimed show. They dated for a little under 3 years before going separate ways in 2001.
- Amelia Warner (2003-2004) – According to reports, Garcia started dating actress Amelia Warner in 2003. They had grown close while working in the movie, Love’s Brother. However, by the time movie was released, they had decided to end their relationship. They remained close friends after their separation.
- Nathalia Chubin – Adam Garcia first met his wife Nathalia Chubin, who works in a marketing role at PlayStation in the UK, in 2010. When they first met, he was working as a judge in a dance show, Got to Dance. In December 2014, he proposed to her after she had spent Christmas break with his family in Sydney. They got married in a romantic and low-key ceremony in 2015. She gave birth to a baby girl, Arya in 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Colombian ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Australian descent.
- Green Eyes
- Cleft Chin
Adam Garcia hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand nor has appeared in any TV commercial.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having appeared in a series of commercially successful movies such as Coyote Ugly and Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen.
- Serving as a judge in the 2013 season of the Australian edition of dance reality show, Dancing with the Stars.
- Having appeared in a series of popular British TV shows such as Britannia High, Threesome, and Mr. Eleven.
As a Singer
In 1998, he released his cover of the hit Bee Gees single, Night Fever. The single managed to reach #15 position on the US Singles Chart.
In 1997, Adam made his film debut in a minor role in British biographical drama, Wilde, which was based on the life of noted writer Oscar Wilde.
First TV Show
In 2004, he made his first TV show appearance in the ITV series, Agatha Christie’s Marple. The show was loosely based on Agatha Christie’s short stories.
Adam Garcia’s diet plan and workout routine aren’t available.
Adam Garcia Favorite Things
- Actors – Johnny Depp and Paul Newman
- Authors – Gabriel Garcia Marquez, J.R.R Tolkien, and Tom Robbins
- Soccer Club – Arsenal FC
Source – IMDb
Adam Garcia Facts
- Garcia got his first big breakthrough after he was cast in the male leading role in the comedy-drama, Coyote Ugly.
- He didn’t go in for an audition for his role in Coyote Ugly. He was signed in for the movie based on his strong performance in the audition tape.
- When he was cast in Coyote Ugly, the movie producer Jerry Bruckheimer didn’t even know that his star was a trained dancer. The dancing element of his role was written into script later.
- The famous impromptu bar dance routine in the movie Coyote Ugly was completely unscripted and he came up with it on his own.
- After he played the role of Tony Manero in the stage production of Saturday Night Fever, he was called the new John Travolta as he managed to recreate Travolta’s work from the movie in the stage show, which was performed in London in 1998-1999.
- He is the co-founder of the Australian dance troupe, Tap Dogs, which has gone on to garner international acclaim.
- He had to step down from his lead role in the musical Singin’ In The Rain after he tore his calf muscle, which kept him sidelined for 6 weeks.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0