|Priyanka Chopra Jonas Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1982|
Priyanka Chopra Jonas is an Indian actress, singer, and film producer, winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant, and a well-known philanthropist. Priyanka is an established actor in Hollywood too. Among her most noticeable roles are the ones she portrayed in Aitraaz (2004), Kaminey (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Barfi! (2012), Mary Kom (2014), and Bajirao Mastani (2015) and the award-winning performance of the troubled model in the movie Fashion (2008).
She is among India’s highest-paid actresses and celebrities. Chopra has received numerous awards including National Film Award and Filmfare Awards. In 2016, the Government of India honored her with the Padma Shri and Time named her among one of the 100 most influential people in the world. She also got herself listed in Forbes among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2017 and 2018.
Piggy Chops, Sunshine, Mimi, Yanka, PC, PeeCee
Jamshedpur (now in Jharkhand), Bihar, India
She attended La Martiniere Girls’ School in Lucknow as a child.
After her relocation to the United States, Priyanka went to Newton North High School in Newton, Massachusetts and then to John F. Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
She, then, returned to India and completed her high schooling at Army Public School in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Finally, got her University degree from Jai Hind College in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Father – Ashok Chopra (Physician in Indian Army) (Died on June 10, 2013)
- Mother – Madhu Chopra (also worked as a physician in the Indian Army)
- Siblings – Siddharth Chopra (Younger Brother)
- Others – Parineeti Chopra (Cousin), Meera Chopra (Cousin), Barbie Handa (Cousin), Mannara Chopra (Cousin), Paul Kevin Jonas, Sr. (Father-in-Law) (Musician and Former Ordained Minister at an Assemblies of God church), Denise Jonas (Mother-in-Law)(Former Sign Language Teacher and Singer), Joe Jonas (Brother-in-Law) (Singer), Frankie Jonas (Brother-in-Law) (Actor, Singer), Kevin Jonas (Brother-in-Law) (Singer), Danielle Jonas (Sister-in-Law), Valentina Jonas (Niece), Alena Rose Jonas (Niece)
She is signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Actress, Model, Singer-Songwriter
Priyanka Chopra is a trained western classical singer. She had signed a worldwide recording agreement with Universal Music and Desi Hits to record and release her first music single, which was released in 2012, titled “In My City”.
“It has been a long cherished dream which is finally coming true.”
Universal Music Group
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Priyanka has dated –
- Aseem Merchant – Priyanka was romantically linked with Aseem Merchant who is famous for his role in Singh Saab the Great (2013).
- Harman Baweja (2007-2008) – After working together in the Love Story 2050 (2008) film, actors Priyanka and Harman Baweja were an item from 2007 to 2008.
- Shahid Kapoor (2009-2011) – After appearing with actor Shahid Kapoor in the film Kaminey in 2009, she was rumored to be dating him until 2011.
- Sahil Shroff (2011)
- Tom Hiddleston (2016) – RUMOR
- Nick Jonas (2017-Present) – During MET Gala 2017, Priyanka was first publicly spotted with American singer and actor, Nick Jonas. After that, they were seen spending Memorial Day weekend together. After that time, they were seen enjoying each other’s company on a yacht, during a concert, and many others. Priyanka and Nick were rumored to be engaged in July 2018. The couple finally got engaged on August 18, 2018, in Mumbai, India. The couple got married on December 1, 2018, at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, India. There were some separation rumors in November 2021 when Priyanka had removed ‘Jonas’ and ‘Chopra’ from her name on all her social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. However, she had denied such news. On January 15, 2022, the couple welcomed a baby girl named Malti Marie Chopra Jonas through surrogacy who was born early at just 27 weeks (12 weeks early). So, the baby was kept at the Southern California hospital outside Los Angeles.
Race / Ethnicity
- Brown eyes and hair
- Full lips
35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm
Best Known For
Her cute smile
Chopra has represented many brands including TAG Heuer, Pepsi, Nokia, Garnier, Idea Spice Phone, Malik Law Chambers UK, Rajnigandha Silver Pearls – DS Group and Nestlé, also the first female representative of Hero Honda.
In 2013, Priyanka Chopra appeared in print ads for Guess.
She has done endorsement work on her Instagram as well for several brands including Amazon.
As a Singer
As a singer, Priyanka has released songs like “In My City, “Exotic,” “I Can’t Make You Love Me,” etc.
She was a featured artist in The Chainsmokers’ song “Erase” in 2012.
First TV Show
In 2010, Chopra hosted India’s reality TV show Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi X 3, which is the third season. The first two seasons were hosted by male actor, Akshay Kumar.
Thamizhan, a Tamil film for her role as “Priya” in 2002. Her first big hit film was “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi” (Hindi Film) in 2004 for her role as “Rani Singh”.
- Favorite Food – Lasagna, Makki di roti and sarson da saag
- Favorite Movies – Pretty Woman, Walk in the Clouds
- Favorite Actors – Mel Gibson, Kishore Kumar
- Favorite Actress – Sushmita Sen
- Favorite Outfit – Sari
Priyanka Chopra Tattoos
- Priyanka has the words ‘Daddy’s lil girl’ inked on her wrist in her father’s handwriting.
- In June 2021, Priyanka got several miniature paw print permanent tattoos on her ankle which she got as a tribute to her dogs.
Priyanka Chopra Dogs
Priyanka, as of 2021, had dogs named Diana (a chihuahua), Gino (a German Shepherd), and Panda (a German Shepherd).
Priyanka Chopra Facts
- Priyanka Chopra became famous when she was chosen as Miss World 2000.
- Apart from the Miss World title, Priyanka has also won the Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty − Asia & Oceania.
- Priyanka likes singing and writing poetry.
- Priyanka is unable to stay serious for a long period of time.
- Priyanka has one younger brother, Siddharth, who is 7 years younger than her.
- Priyanka’s father is Ashok Chopra and her mother Madhu Akhauri, both were doctors in the Indian Army.
- She is the most dangerous celeb online of 2013 according to a study carried out by McAfee.
- Chopra once fainted during the shooting and was admitted to the hospital. Her heavy workload — shooting and traveling and performing at live shows (including the Miss India pageant) was cited as the reason.
- Priyanka Chopra is a cousin of Parineeti Chopra.
- Priyanka became the first Bollywood star to ever sign with Los Angeles-based Creative Artists Agency in July 2012.
- In 2015, she appeared in the new ABC series Quantico for which she won the People’s Choice Award 2016 in the category “Favorite Actress In A New TV Series.”
- She also likes investing money in tech companies. She has invested her money in Holberton School and Bumble apps.
- In 2008, Chopra ranked second in the list of brand ambassadors in a survey conducted by TAM AdEx. The next year, she was at the top beating Shahrukh Khan, becoming the first Indian woman to do so.
- Chopra became the first Indian actress to cast a foot impression at the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum which is in Florence, Italy, in 2009. She was gifted custom-designed shoes from the Ferragamo house.
- She is also the first Indian model to represent Guess, CEO Paul Marciano of Guess called her “the young Sophia Loren“.
- She has to her name the achievement of getting featured in a school textbook. At Springdales School, her life is described in a chapter of Roving Families, Shifting Homes. The book has pictures of her family and the moment she was crowned Miss World in 2000.
- In February 2020, she had sold one apartment in the Lokhandwala complex in Mumbai for INR 2 crore.
- Priyanka Chopra: The Incredible Story of a Global Bollywood Star, a biography on her written by the journalist Aseem Chhabra, was released in 2018.
- In January 2021, Priyanka revealed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that Frankie Jonas is her favorite among the Jonas Brothers to follow on TikTok.
- In her memoir Unfinished released in February 2021, Priyanka revealed that she regretted endorsing fairness creams in the past.
- She had never thought of becoming an actress. She, in fact, wanted to be an engineer. After she won the Miss World in 2000, acting offers started coming in.
- In January 2021, she announced the launch of her vegan haircare line, Anomaly.
- When she was a teen, she was told by a film director to get a boob job, fix her jaws, and even get some mass fillers to her butt. Even, her then-manager agreed to that advice given by the director.
- She was once called ‘Plastic Chopra’ because of a wrong polypectomy surgery which she was undergoing to remove a benign growth in her nasal cavity. The bridge of her nose had collapsed due to the doctor’s ignorance.
- In March 2021, she launched her restaurant, SONA, in New York City with collaborators Maneesh Goyal and David Rabin.
- In April 2021, Priyanka showed her concern on Twitter and urged the US government to share some vaccines with India as the situation in India was getting worse due to increasing COVID-19 cases. Later that month, she set up a fundraiser in collaboration with GiveIndia to fight the COVID-19 crisis in India.
- In June 2021, Priyanka was announced as a member of Victoria’s Secret‘s “VS Collective” alongside Megan Rapinoe, Adut Akech, Eileen Gu, Amanda de Cadenet, Paloma Elsesser, and Valentina Sampaio.
- In mid-2021, Priyanka sold 2 residential flats in Raj Classic, Versova, Andheri West in Mumbai for INR 7 crores. She also rented out her office property, which is 2040 sq ft, at Vastu Precinct, Oshiwara in Andheri West for INR 2.11 lakh per month.
- Priyanka was ranked #10 in the list of the world’s most admired women of 2021 as per YouGov (global public opinion and data company). Michelle Obama was ranked #1.
- In March 2022, Chopra sold her customized Rolls-Royce Ghost, which she had purchased in 2013 at a base price of INR 4.5 crore, to a Bengaluru-based businessman for an undisclosed amount.
- In May 2022, Priyanka was gifted a customized car by her husband Nick Jonas. That car looked like an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) with the words ‘Mrs Jonas’ written on the side.
- In 2022, she launched her new brand SONA Home which was criticized for selling a tablecloth for an excessively high price – INR 30,000 (nearly US $380).
- Priyanka Chopra was the 9th most Googled Asian celebrity as per Google Mid Year Search 2022 list released in July 2022.
In the above two pictures are Priyanka Chopra’s cousins. Parineeti Chopra has already been launched and has done several movies including Ishaqzaade and Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.
Barbie Handa was seen with Priyanka Chopra during a commercial shoot. Priyanka posted her pic with Barbie on Twitter in 2012.