|Melissa Rivers Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Melissa Rivers is an American actress, television host, producer, author, and philanthropist who has been a part of several movies and shows which include The Apprentice, Rabbit Test, Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?, Fashion Police, and Beverly Hills, 90210. She is the only child of comedian Joan Rivers and producer Edgar Rosenberg.
Melissa Warburg Rosenberg
New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Melissa Rivers studied at the John Thomas Dye School, Marlborough School, and The Buckley School. Later, she got enrolled at the University of Pennsylvania and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1989.
She has also taken dance lessons.
Actress, Television Host, Producer, Author, Philanthropist
- Father – Edgar Rosenberg (German-born Film and Television Producer)
- Mother – Joan Rivers (Comedian, Actress, Writer, Producer, Television Host)
- Sibling – Melissa Rivers is an only child.
- Others – Meyer C. Molinsky (Maternal Grandfather), Beatrice (née Grushman) (Maternal Grandmother), Barbara Waxler (Maternal Aunt)
Melissa Rivers is represented by Much and House Public Relations, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Rivers has dated –
- John Endicott (1998-2003) – In December 1998, she married horse trainer John Endicott at New York City’s Plaza Hotel in a grand $3 million wedding and the duo was blessed with a son named Edgar Cooper Endicott in the year 2000. However, the marriage couldn’t survive more than a few years and they divorced in 2003.
- Jason Zimmerman (2008-2011)
- Steve Hirsch (2011)
- Mark Rousso (2015-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Melissa Rivers is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
- Often wears glasses
- High cheekbones
She was raised in a Jewish household.
Melissa Rivers Favorite Things
- Mentor/Best Friend – Joan Rivers
- Drinks – Vodka and Fresca
Melissa Rivers Facts
- She majorly spent her childhood years growing up in Los Angeles, California.
- At the age of 8, she started dancing.
- Melissa Rivers was a sophomore when her father committed suicide.
- She changed her last name to her mother’s stage surname in 1990.
- She named her son after her late father.
- Melissa made her theatrical film debut as a little girl in the 1978 comedy film, Rabbit Test, starring Billy Crystal, Michael Keaton, and others.
- She has 2 pet dogs.
- She enjoys playing tennis, paddle tennis, pickleball, and surfing.
- Melissa Rivers has also authored 2 books titled The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation and Joan Rivers Confidential: The Unseen Scrapbooks, Joke Cards, Personal Files, and Photos of a Very Funny Woman Who Kept Everything.
- Melissa has been doing horseriding since a young age.
- She has the power to fall asleep anywhere she wants.
- She once served as the assistant coach for her son’s 4th-grade football team.
- Melissa likes to put Green Tabasco hot sauce on various dishes to make them taste better.
- From high school until the age of 23, she was eating chocolate Pop-Tarts every day for breakfast.
- She considers herself clumsy.
- Due to surfing, she got a scar on her left foot.
- She has had a celebrity crush on Mark Hamill after watching the original Star Wars.
- Melissa really enjoys drinking Crystal Light iced tea.
- By mid-2022, she had 3 tattoos.
- She has numerous ear piercings.
- She likes to wear cashmere sweaters.
- Melissa doesn’t like it when different food items touch each other on her plate.
- She has done a college internship at Entertainment Tonight.
- In the entertainment industry, her first real job was to work as a research assistant at Rescue 911.
Featured Image by Peter T / Flickr / CC BY 2.5