|Adut Akech Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adut Akech is a South Sudanese model who has gained critical acclaim for working with the likes of Valentino, Givenchy, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Victoria Beckham, Versace, Fendi, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, and Saint Laurent. She is an inspiration to many as she has been a refugee who has carved her way to be counted amongst the top models of the industry.
Adut Akech Bior
Adut Akech has studied Economics.
- Siblings – Akuol Akech (Younger Sister), Yar Akech (Younger Sister). She has 3 more siblings.
Adut Akech is represented by –
- Chadwick Models – Sydney (Mother Agency)
- Elite Copenhagen – Copenhagen
- Elite Spain – Barcelona
- Elite Milan – Milan
- Elite London – London
- Elite Paris – Paris
- The Society Management – New York
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Twic Bor, a South Sudanese tribe, ancestry.
- Plump lips
- Charming smile
38 (EU) or 7.5 (US) or 5 (UK)
Adut Akech has done endorsement work for the likes of Coach, Estée Lauder, Versace, Moschino, Fendi, and Valentino.
Best Known For
- Walking the ramp for some of the industry biggies like Valentino, Givenchy, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Burberry, Victoria Beckham, Versace, Fendi, Michael Kors, Calvin Klein, and Saint Laurent
- Having been featured on the covers of magazines like Vogue UK, 10 Magazine Australia, Vogue Australia, Vogue Italy, Vogue Korea, Le Monde M Magazine, and L’Officiel Singapore
First Fashion Week
She made her major fashion week debut at the Saint Laurent’s S/S 17 show.
First TV Show
Adut Akech made her first TV show appearance in the comedy talk-show, Fashion Police, in 2017.
Adut Akech Favorite Things
- Month – December
Source – Instagram
Adut Akech Facts
- She initially grew up in Kakuma, Kenya. Later, when she was 7, she relocated with her mother as South Sudanese refugees in Adelaide, Australia.
- In Australia, while she was studying, she was better known as ‘Mary’ because her first name ‘Adut’ was a bit difficult for the teachers to pronounce.
- She learned to write from her older sister.
- Many modeling agencies kept scouting Adut when she was around 13 years old. However, she started modeling at the age of 16.
- She has been ranked in the Top 50 and Hot List on models.com.
- Her journey from living in a refugee camp to becoming one of the top models in the industry has been an inspiration to many.
- Adut’s life in the refugee camp was full of hardships and she used to play with her cousins with a ball made of rags.
- She considers herself luckier than her cousins as unlike them, she never witnessed violence or murder.
- Being a model of color, she thinks that the fashion industry should be more open to diversity.
- She feels saddened by the notions of national boundaries and believes that everyone should be free and happy.
- She has battled depression and anxiety.
- In June 2021, Adut was revealed as one of the members of Victoria’s Secret‘s 7-women “VS Collective” along with Priyanka Chopra-Jonas, Megan Rapinoe, Eileen Gu, Amanda de Cadenet, Paloma Elsesser, and Valentina Sampaio.
- Follow Adut Akech on Instagram.
Featured Image by Adut Akech / Instagram