|Dax Shepard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1975|
Dax Shepard is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, writer, director, producer, and podcast host. He is known for playing Crosby Braverman in the NBC family comedy-drama series Parenthood, Vince Downey in the comedy film Employee of the Month, Bucky in the action-comedy mockumentary Confessions of an Action Star, Adult Walter/The Astronaut in the science fiction adventure film Zathura: A Space Adventure, Luke Matthews in the comedy-drama series The Ranch, Tom Marshall in the comedy film Without a Paddle, Wade Beaufort in the comedy-drama film This Is Where I Leave You, Durfy in the comedy film Buddy Games, C.P. Kennedy in the legal drama film The Judge, Frito Pendejo in the science fiction comedy film Idiocracy, John Lyshitski in the comedy film Let’s Go to Prison, Mike in the ABC single-camera sitcom Bless This Mess, Jon Baker in the buddy cop action comedy film CHiPS, and Charlie Bronson/Yul Perrkins in the action comedy film Hit and Run. Moreover, he started hosting Armchair Expert, a podcast that interviews celebrities, journalists, and academics about their lives, in 2018.
Dax Randall Shepard
Highland Township, Oakland County, Michigan, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dax Shepard did his schooling at Walled Lake Central High School in Michigan, United States and The Groundlings School in Los Angeles.
He went to the Santa Monica Community College and West Los Angeles College in California. Shepard graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), with a magna cum laude degree in Anthropology.
Actor, comedian, writer, film director, voice actor, producer, and podcast host
- Father – Dave Robert Shepard, Sr. (Car Salesman)
- Mother – Laura LaBo (Businessperson, Worked at General Motors (GM))
- Siblings – Carly Hatter (Younger Half-Sister) (Actor), David Shepard (Older Brother)
- Others – Robert Lansing Shepard (Paternal Grandfather), Eulice J. Honchel (Paternal Grandmother), Joel Fredrick/Frederick LaBo (Maternal Grandfather), Madeline J. “Midge” Bultinck (Maternal Grandmother)
His career has been managed by –
- B|W|R Public Relations
- Mosaic (Talent Management Company)
- Bailey Brand Management, Inc., Talent Management Company, El Segundo, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth had been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
88 kg or 194 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dax Shepard has dated –
- Kayti Edwards – It was alleged that he once had an affair with Kayti Edwards.
- Briegh Morrison (2003-2006) – Dax Shepard and Briegh Morrison allegedly started dating in August 2003. They split in February 2006.
- Melissa Roos (2006) – Dax Shepard and Melissa Roos hooked up in early 2006. Dax revealed on Megan Mullally Show in November 2006 that he hooked up with actor Tom Arnold’s then-sister-in-law, Melissa Roos when Tom was out with his then-wife Shelby Roos on a vacation.
- Ione Skye (2006) – Dax and actor Ione Skye were RUMORed to be seeing each other in 2006. They were spotted getting close at the Celebrity Poker Tourny event held in Beverly Hills.
- Shauna Robertson (2006) – Another RUMOR was regarding Dax Shepard dating Shauna Robertson in the same year.
- Miss Saigon (2006) – Dax Shepard and Miss Saigon were RUMORed to have had a fling in September 2006.
- Tara Lipinski (2007) – Shepard and figure skater and actor Tara Lipinski were RUMORed to have had a fling in May 2007.
- Kate Hudson (2007) – Actor Kate Hudson and Dax Shepard started dating in July 2007 and their relationship only saw daylight for a month and they broke off in August 2007.
- Kristen Bell (2007-Present) – Dax Shepard and Frozen actor Kristen Bell met at a mutual friend’s birthday bash and started dating in late 2007. They got engaged in January 2010. The couple tied the knot on October 17, 2013, at the Beverly Hills County Clerk’s Office. They have two daughters, Lincoln Bell Shepard (b. March 28, 2013) and Delta Bell Shepard (b. December 19, 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, French-Canadian, Belgian, and remote Dutch descent.
- Sense of humor
10 (US) or 9 (UK) or 43 (EU)
In 2003, Shepard was seen in a TV commercial for Miller Lite.
In October 2014, he appeared in the What You Really Need TV commercial for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S tablet computer and Best Buy with Kristen Bell.
In December 2014, the couple did a TV commercial titled Christmas Home Decorating by Samsung for Samsung Electronics.
In 2015-2016, he was seen in TV commercials for Samsung kitchen appliances with Kristen Bell.
Best Known For
The actor is best known for Employee of the Month (2006), Without a Paddle (2004), Idiocracy (2006), Let’s Go to Prison (2006), and Hit and Run (2012).
He is also well-known for the MTV reality series Punk’d from 2003 to 2012 and his role as Crosby Braverman in the NBC comedy-drama series Parenthood from 2010 to 2015.
He made his acting debut in the 1998 romantic comedy film Hairshirt as the guy who vomited at the party. It was a small role.
First TV Show
He made his television debut in 2003 in MTV’s hidden camera-practical joke reality TV series Punk’d where he appeared as himself until 2012.
He has written and co-directed the comedy film Brother’s Justice (2010) in which he also acted as himself.
Dax Shepard eats a vegan diet. He turned vegan in January 2012 after getting inspiration from Beau Bridges. He used to take drugs, eat junk food and other bad stuff, drank a lot of alcohol, etc. He did pretty much everything which could hamper his health negatively.
From the age of 18 to 29, he had taken a lot of drugs, ate badly, smoked heavily. He used to love Jack Daniel’s (whiskey) and cocaine (drug).
Later in early 2013, he again started eating meat. He revealed this thing when he was titled the Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrity of 2013 in June 2013.
Dax Shepard Favorite Things
- TV Show – Game of Thrones
- Car – 1967 Lincoln Continental
- Book – The Giving Tree (By Shel Silverstein)
Source – Popsugar.com, HollywoodReporter.com, Twitter.com
Dax Shepard Facts
- When Dax was 7, he confessed to being molested by an 18-year-old neighbor.
- Shepard worked on the racetracks for his mother from 14 to 28 years of age.
- Shepard had three stepfathers.
- His mother named him Dax after Harold Robbins’ novel The Adventurers’ character of a rich protagonist “Diogenes Alejandro Xenos” also known as Dax.
- Dax was a class clown and wanted to pursue stand-up comedy while in school.
- In June 2013, he and his wife Kristen Bell were named the Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities of 2013 by PETA.
- Shepard is into motorcycle racing at Buttonwillow Raceway and rides a Ducati Hypermotard 1100S and Suzuki GSX-R1000.
- Dax donates some of his free time to the Hollenbeck Youth Center, an after-school program for deprived youngsters.
- The actor loves cars and can easily rebuild a pre-computer engine.
- He lives by the Transcendental Meditation program that helps him stay calm and composed.
- He is good friends with Bradley Cooper.
- Shepard and Kristen Bell support no-kids paparazzi.
- After many struggles related to substance abuse, he achieved sobriety in September 2005. In September 2020, he revealed on his Armchair Expert podcast that he had relapsed after having 16 years of sobriety.
- In May 2021, he revealed that after his interview for Blake Griffin’s audible podcast “The Pursuit of Healthiness”, he was banned from appearing on Conan O’Brien‘s talk show for years. This happened because he did the pre-interview in a blackout due to his addiction problems.