|Ione Skye Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 1970|
Ione Skye is a British-American actress, painter, and author. She has appeared in numerous films such as One Night Stand (1997), Guncrazy (1992), Dream for an Insomniac (1996), etc. She started her film career in 1986 with River’s Edge. In the past, she has struggled with alcohol and drug abuse. She has a website dedicated to her love for paintings at ioneskyepaintings.com.
Ione Skye Leitch
Hampstead, London, England
Ione Skye went to the Immaculate Heart High School in Los Angeles. She later got enrolled at the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles and completed her school education from there.
Actress, painter, and author
- Father – Donovan (Singer, Songwriter, and Guitarist) (She didn’t have much contact with her father while growing up.)
- Mother – Enid Karl Stulberger (Model) (Ione was mostly raised by her mother.)
- Siblings – Donovan Leitch (Older Brother) (Actor and Singer), Astrella Celeste (Younger Paternal Half-Sister) (Composer), Oriole Nebula (Paternal Half-Sister), Julian Brian Jones (Stepbrother)
- Others – Donald Leitch (Paternal Grandfather), Winifred Phillips (Paternal Grandmother), Benjamin Stulberger (Maternal Grandfather), Tillie Berger (Maternal Grandmother), Linda Lawrence (Stepmother)
Ione Skye is represented by Los Angeles based Don Buchwald & Associates L.A.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ione Skye has dated
- Anthony Kiedis (1987-1989) – Ione started going out with singer and lyricist Anthony Kiedis, who also happens to be the frontman of the popular rock band Red Hot Chilli Pipers, in 1987. They had reportedly met at her 16th birthday party. She would later call this relationship as her first romantic relationship. Ione got into drug abuse during this relationship. She would later claim in an interview that it was one of his bad boy habits, which included drug abuse, that had drawn her towards him. Also, she had to take care of Kiedis, who was under the influence of drugs most of the time. Then, one day, he asked her to take her stuff and leave him. He wanted her back after few days but she was in no mood to return.
- Adam Horovitz (1991-1999) – Post her breakup with Kiedis, she found love in rapper and guitarist Adam Horovitz, who was a member of the hip hop group Beastie Boys. They started going out in 1991. They got married in 1992. However, their marriage didn’t survive for long as they separated in 1995. They eventually got divorced in 1999.
- Jenny Shimizu (1999) – Ione made her relationship with model and actor Jenny Shimizu public in 1999, immediately after her divorce from Adam Horovitz. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond the end of the year.
- David Netto (2001-2004) – Skye started going out with interior designer David Netto in 2001. She gave birth to their daughter Kate in December 2001. Their relationship and their residences in Los Angeles and New York City were featured in the Vogue magazine in February 2003. They reportedly had an on and off relationship for about 3 years. However, there are some sources that argue that their relationship lasted longer than three years.
- Dax Shepard (2006) – In August 2006, Ione was reported to be dating actor and director Dax Shepard. They had been spotted getting close at the Celebrity Poker Tourny event held in Beverly Hills.
- Ben Lee (2006-Present) – Towards the end of 2006, Ione got in a relationship with yet another musician. However, her relationship with Ben Lee outlasted her previous two relationships with Kiedis and Horovitz put together. They got engaged in 2008 and by the end of the year, they had got engaged in a romantic Hindu ceremony held in India. In September 2009, she gave birth to their first daughter, Goldie Priya Lee.
Race / Ethnicity
- Green eyes
- Beautiful smile
Ione Skye hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the romantic comedy movie, Say Anything. The male lead was played by John Cusack.
- Being cast in supporting roles in the movies such as Wayne’s World and One Night Stand.
In 1986, Ione made her theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the Indie crime drama, River’s Edge. The movie had Keanu Reeves in an important role as well.
First TV Show
In 1987, Ione Skye made her first TV show appearance in the historical romantic miniseries, Napoleon and Josephine: A Love Story in the role of Pauline Bonaparte.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Ione Skye Favorite Things
- Painting and Writing Inspiration – Daniel Clowes
Source – Wikipedia
Ione Skye Facts
- In 2014, she published her children’s book titled My Yiddish Vacation. The book was published by Henry Holt and Company.
- It has been often reported that she was given the middle name of ‘Skye’ because she was conceived while her parents were in the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
- She started painting in her teens and since then has become an accomplished painter and her works have been exhibited and sold all over the world.
- She has struggled with alcoholism and drug abuse. She decided that it was time to become sober after she realized that drinking a lot of alcohol wasn’t having any positive effect on her.
- Ione was mostly raised in Los Angeles and she partially blames the culture and environment prevalent in LA in the seventies for her addiction problems.
- When she got her theatrical debut role in River’s Edge, she was 16 years old.
- Visit her official website @ ioneskyepaintings.com.
- Follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ione Skye / Instagram