|The Undertaker Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1965|
The Undertaker is an American retired professional wrestler who is regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time and has been a 7-time world heavyweight champion in WWF/E, having held the WWF/E Championship 4 times and the World Heavyweight Championship 3 times. Moreover, he is also known for his stint with his in-storyline half-brother Kane, with whom he has alternatively feuded or teamed as The Brothers of Destruction since 1997. He gained significant mainstream popularity as a horror-themed, macabre entity that employed scare tactics and held links to the supernatural and it was in the year 2020, that he retired from the industry. In addition to that, he has also worked in several films and shows such as Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon, Beyond the Mat, Suburban Commando, The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!, Poltergeist: The Legacy, and Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania.
Mark William Calaway
The Undertaker, The Deadman, The Phenom, The Last Outlaw, The Demon of Death Valley, The American Bad Ass, The Lord Of Darkness, The Prince Of Darkness, Red Devil, Big Devil, Kane The Undertaker, ‘Taker, Texas Red, The O.D. – Original Deadman, Big Evil, The Punisher / Punisher Dice Morgan, Mean Mark, The Commando, Cain the Undertaker
Houston, Texas, United States
Austin, Texas, United States
Mark went to Waltrip High School where he competed in football and basketball. He graduated in 1983 and enrolled himself at Angelina College in Texas where he became a member of the basketball team.
In 1985, he decided to shift and joined Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth, Texas where he studied sports management and played basketball. In 1986, Mark left college and thought of playing basketball overseas in Europe. However, he later decided that he wants to be a professional wrestler.
Retired Professional wrestler
- Father – Frank Compton Calaway (Died. July 22, 2003)
- Mother – Betty Catherine Calaway Truby
- Siblings – David Calaway (Older Brother), Michael Calaway (Older Brother), Paul Calaway (Older Brother) (Police Officer), Timothy Calaway (Older Brother)
The Undertaker has been signed with WWE, Inc.
His agent is Sara.
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
138 kg or 304 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mark Calaway has dated –
- Jodi Lynn (1989-1999) – In the period from 1989 until 1999, Mark was married to Jodi Lynn with whom he has one son Gunner Vincent (b. 1993).
- Sara Calaway (1999-2007) – In 1999, Calaway began dating the American female wrestler Sara Calaway. On December 25, 1999, the couple got engaged and on July 21, 2000, they got married. Mark and Sara spent 7 years as a married couple. They officially divorced on April 25, 2007. Together they have two daughters Chasey (b. November 21, 2002) and Gracie (b. May 15, 2005).
- Michelle McCool (2007-Present) – In 2007, Calaway was linked with the female wrestler Michelle McCool. They married on June 26, 2010, in a wedding ceremony held in Houston, Texas. Together they have a daughter Kaia Faith Calaway (b. August 29, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Often wears headbands
- Towering height
Mark Calaway’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 53 in or 135 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18.5 in or 47 cm
- Waist – 38.5 in or 98 cm
Mark has appeared in TV commercials for Hasbro WWF Figures (1992), WWF Super Bowl (1999), and Spur Ride and Rally.
Best Known For
His 21 straight wins in WWE, becoming a World Wrestling Champion for 8 times and for being a three-time World Heavyweight Champion.
First Wrestling Match
In 1984, Mark debuted in WCCW (World Class Championship Wrestling) as Texas Red. He lost the match against Bruiser Brody.
On November 19, 1990, Mark first competed as Kane the Undertaker in WWF Superstars.
Mark appeared in the comedy-action-sci-fi movie Suburban Commando (1991) as Hutch.
First TV Show
Calaway was first seen in the morning talk show Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee in 1994 as The Undertaker.
Undertaker has been trained by Don Jardine. His workouts can be seen on the following links –
- Finishing Moves
- Devil’s Triangle / Hell’s Gate
- Last Ride (Elevated powerbomb with theatrics)
- Tombstone Piledriver (Leaping / Kneeling reverse piledriver)
- Callous Clutch / Iron Claw (One-handed claw hold)
- Flatliner Fist (Heart punch)
- Heat-seeking Missile (Ropewalk diving elbow drop)
- Signature Moves
- Back body drop
- Big boot
- Fujiwara armbar
- Bearhug into thrust spinebuster
- Running elbow drop
- Running leg drop
- Reverse STO
- Running DDT
- Sidewalk slam
- Snake Eyes followed by running bigfoot
- Soup Bones
- TCB – Takin’ Care of Business (Standing Dragon Sleeper)
- Triangle choke
- Old School (Arm twist ropewalk chop)
- Clothesline (Corner, Leaping flying, Rebound)
The Undertaker Favorite Things
- Food – Steak
- Movie – Pulp Fiction (1994)
- TV Show – The Sopranos (1999-2007), Sons of Anarchy (2008-2014)
- Music – Blues
- Actor – Robert De Niro
- Place To Ride – Desert
- Other Sport Than Wrestling – Boxing
- Concert – Metallica at the Forum in LA
The Undertaker Facts
- He first competed as The Master of Pain on February 2, 1989.
- On October 5, 1989, he finished first in WCWA Texas Heavyweight Championship as The Punisher.
- He played the role of Soul Chaser Demon in 2 episodes of the horror television series, Poltergeist: The Legacy, in 1999.
- Mark achieved his first WWF Championship after he defeated Hulk Hogan.
- In 2003, The Undertaker was selected as the best WWE wrestler ever by the British entertainment and media news website Digital Spy.
- The American professional wrestler and actor Paul Randall Wight, Jr. who goes under the wrestling name Big Show also stated that in his opinion, The Undertaker is the greatest wrestler in the world.
- Mark trained for the black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- In 2005, Calaway was the United States flag carrier during a match between Philippine’s professional boxer Manny Pacquiao against Velazquez.
- He loves mixed martial arts. He has even attended several UFC fights.
- He plays golf.
- Mark is friends with mixed martial artists Pat Miletich, Matt Hughes, and Jeremy Horn. He is also friends with actor Tony Longo.
- He loves dogs and has co-established The Zeus Compton Calaway Save the Animals Fund at the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences to help pay for lifesaving treatments for large-breed dogs.
- He and his ex-wife Sara own The Zeus Compton Calaway Save the Animals foundation based in Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences.
- The Undertaker was featured on 61 pay-per-view posters until 2015 which has been the highest ever for a WWE competitor (as of 2015).
- He has been included in the 2K Games’ WWE 2k14 with his “American Badass” character.
- He is the first wrestler with no last name in WWE’s history to win a World Championship title.
- When The Undertaker had his debut, Johnny Carson was still hosting The Tonight Show.
- He announced his retirement in June 2020 and made his farewell appearance in 2020’s Survivor Series event.
- In January 2021, it was reported that his wife Michelle McCool had tested positive for COVID-19.