Jr. Paul Donald Wight
Nick Name / Ring Name
Big Nasty Bastard, The Giant, Big Show, Showkishi, The Showster, The Big Showbowski, The World’s Largest Athlete, Paul Wight, Big Pee Wee
Aiken, South Carolina, USA
Tampa, Florida, USA
Paul Wight did schooling from Wyman King Academy, Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina. He, then, attended Northern Oklahoma Junior College, Tonkawa, OK. Further, he went Wichita State University, where he played basketball. Wight also attended Southern Illinois University Edwardsville from 1992 to 1993. In all, Paul Wight has a good educational background.
- Father – Paul Wight Sr. (Died due to cancer)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Big Show’s managers during wrestling were –
- Jimmy Hart
- Shane McMahon
- Paul Bearer
- Paul Heyman
- Joy Giovanni
7 ft or 213 cm
Although, he is considered 6 ft 11 in or 211 cm without his boots.
200 kg or 441 pounds
Paul Wight married
- Melissa Ann Piavis (1997-2002) – Paul married Melissa, his first wife on Valentine’s day, i.e., February 14, 1997. They separated in 2000. But, their divorce was finalized on February 6, 2002. He has 1 daughter named Cierra.
- Bess Katramados (2002-Present) – Bess and Paul married on February 11, 2002 (after 5 days of his official divorce with the first wife). Together, they have 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He turned ‘Bald’ later on.
Green eyes with a hint of blue
- Biggest athlete in the sports entertainment
- Towering height
These measurements are not verified. Hence, these may or may not be correct.
- Chest – 64 in or 162.5 cm
- Waist – 40 in or 101 cm
- Arms – 22 in or 56 cm
- Calves – 22 in or 56 cm
- Thighs – 31 inch or 79 cm
Apart from WWE commercials, he has appeared in a commercial for Chef Boyardee Ravioli (2000), Stacker 2 (2003), etc.
Best Known For
His professional wrestling fights.
1996 film Reggie’s Prayer for his role as Mr. Portola.
He had his first major role in Knucklehead (2010) as Walter Krunk, produced by WWE Studios.
First TV Show
1994 action-adventure TV series Thunder in Paradise. But, Paul Wight was not in the starring role.
Larry Sharpe (Retired professional wrestler and owner of Monster Factory professional wrestling school), Jim Duggan (better known as Hacksaw) and Glenn Ruth (better known as Thrasher) are his trainers.
Big Show Favorite Food
- Finishing moves
- Cobra clutch backbreaker, sometimes followed by a spin-out cobra clutch slam
- Colossal Clutch
- Final Cut (Spinning headlock elbow drop)
- WMD – Weapon of Mass Destruction (Right-handed knockout hook)
- Signature moves
- Abdominal stretch
- Big boot
- Diving elbow drop
- Fallaway powerbomb
- Military press slam
- Open-handed chop to a cornered opponent’s chest
- Running senton
- Sidewalk slam
Big Show Facts
- Big Show is so much tall due to a disease called acromegaly. This is a disease of the endocrine system in which the pituitary gland produces excess growth hormone (GH). In the early 1990s, he underwent a surgery after which his growth was halted.
- Big Show was arrested in December 1998 for allegedly exposing himself to a hotel clerk in Memphis, Tennessee.
- His ring size (the size of the jewelry ring worn on the finger) is 22.
- He has the most records for losing at WrestleMania.
- He always enters or go out to the ring on the top rope.
- Paul Wight once said, “I am the biggest, nastiest bastard to ever set foot in the WWF (now WWE), and I am damn proud of it.”
- He is the 12th Grand Slam champion.
- Paul Wight is known as the World’s Largest Athlete. Hence, he is called as The Giant.
- He is a 3 time member of nWo (New World Order).
- By the age of 12, he was 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm in height and weighed around 100 kg or 220 pounds.
- Connect with Big Show on Twitter.