|Jack Lowden Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 2, 1990|
Jack Lowden is a Scottish actor who gained wide popularity after he was featured in the 2016 BBC miniseries War & Peace. He has also starred in various hit movies and TV shows including The Tunnel, The Passing Bells, Dunkirk, England Is Mine and Calibre. Jack has earned numerous awards for his superior acting skills including Ian Charleson Award and Olivier Award in 2014.
Jack Andrew Lowden
Chelmsford, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Scottish Borders, Scotland, United Kingdom
Jack went to the Earlston High School, where he participated in the school’s annual productions and concerts, such as Buddy Holly in Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story. He also joined Scottish Youth Theatre in Edinburgh at the age of 10.
He studied during summer school at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, England. Lowden also attended the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama in Glasgow and achieved a degree of BA in Acting in 2011.
- Father – Gordon Lowden
- Mother – Jacquie Lowden
- Siblings – Calum (Younger Brother) (Ballet Soloist)
He is represented by United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack has dated –
- Saoirse Ronan – Jack and Irish actress Saoirse Ronan were rumored to be dating in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’.
But, he’s rumored to be a gay.
- Sparkling blue eyes
- Towering height
He appeared in the Irn-Bru TV commercial in 2009.
Best Known For
- Playing various roles in popular films including Dunkirk (2017), England Is Mine (2017), Calibre (2018), and Mary Queen of Scots (2018)
- Winning various awards for his superior acting skills including Ian Charleson Award and Olivier Award in 2014
He made his theatrical film debut as Henry in the drama thriller film U Want Me 2 Kill Him? in 2014.
First Web Show
He made his first web show appearance as Nick Fairclough on the drama series Being Victor in 2010.
Jack Lowden Facts
- He played John in a Peter Pan pantomime at the King’s Theatre, Edinburgh at the age of 12.
- Jack used to be a Deputy Head Boy in high school.
- In June 2014, Screen Daily gave him the title of one of the “UK Stars of Tomorrow”.
- Lowden also got the Ian Charleson Award in 2014, for his superior performance as Oswald in Henrik Ibsen’s Ghosts.
- In April 2016, he became a finalist in the entertainment category at the 11th Young Scot Awards.
- The UK arts and entertainment magazine, The List rated Lowden as one of “The Hot 100” in November 2016.
- He starred as Collins, which is one of the leading roles in Christopher Nolan‘s famous World War II film Dunkirk in 2017.
- He also appeared in the acclaimed National Theatre of Scotland‘s production of Black Watch, which toured internationally from 2010 to 2011.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jack Lowden / Instagram