Saoirse Una Ronan (Her name is in Irish, which when translated to English means free unified seal)
The Bronx, New York, United States
Howth, a suburb of Dublin, Ireland
She has dual citizenship of Irish and American.
For the most part, she was homeschooled, but, had attended a boarding school from which she dropped out in the early stage.
- Father – Paul Ronan
- Mother – Monica Ronan
- Siblings – None
Saoirse’s parents are Irish.
Her work is managed by her father, Paul Ronan.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Saoirse Ronan dated –
- George MacKay (2012) – 2013 film How I Live Now co-stars George MacKay and Saoirse dated off-screen quietly for sometime in 2012. The film’s director Kevin Macdonald revealed this.
- Max Irons (2013) – Actor Max Irons was RUMORed to be dating his The Host co-star Saoirse in March 2013. The duo first met on the set of this movie only. Their relationship saw an end in September 2013. However, neither of the party accepted their news of dating together.
- Jack Lowden – Saoirse was rumored to be dating Scottish actor Jack Lowden in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
- Clear blue eyes
- Uncanny ears for accents
32-23-34 in or 81-58.5-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
She has not endorsed any of the brands yet.
Best Known For
Playing Briony Tallis in the 2007 romantic drama war film Atonement, as Susie Salmon in the 2009 American supernatural drama film The Lovely Bones.
Saoirse debuted with 2007 British film The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey for her role as Celia Hardwick.
First TV Show
From 2003 t0 2004, Saoirse appeared in 4 episodes in the Irish medical drama television series The Clinic for her role as Rhiannon Geraghty.
For the title role as Hanna for the 2011 movie, she put herself to a rigorous two months training. To really look like a teenage assassin, she did her workout for roughly 4½ to 5 hours a day. The evening shift was 2 hours, where she learned stick fighting, martial arts, gun shooting, knife fighting, etc. The rest of the time was spent in the gym. Saoirse did bench press, weight lifting, treadmill and other exercises in the gym.
So, it was a heavy workout for a little young girl like Saoirse.
Saoirse Ronan Favorite Things
- Songs – Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, KT Tunstall, Scissor Sisters
- TV Show – New Girl (2011-)
Source – TeenHollywood, Yahoo
Saoirse Ronan Facts
- She was raised in County Carlow, Ireland.
- Ronan relocated to Ireland when she was three years old.
- Her first name is pronounced as “Seer-sha” by Irish people.
- Her first name is in Irish language, which means “freedom” in English.
- She has a dog named Sassie.
- Ronan supports the Irish Blue Cross charity.
- As a child, she used to have a poster of Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger (the three leading character from the Harry Potter series).
- She has watched Bridesmaids (2011) the most in her life.
- She wants to work with Johnny Depp.
- She has a TV crush on Zooey Deschanel.