|Errol Spence Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 3, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Errol Spence Jr. is an American professional boxer who is known as a former unified champion in the welterweight division, having held the World Boxing Association (WBA) (Super version), World Boxing Council (WBC), and International Boxing Federation (IBF) titles between 2017 and July 2023.
Errol Spence Jr.
Long Island, New York, United States
He divides his time between –
- Desoto, Dallas County, Texas, United States
- Dallas, Texas, United States
- Father – Errol Spence Sr.
- Mother – Debra Spence
72 in (183 cm)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $15 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Errol Spence Jr. has dated –
- Ashra Ortiz – He has been romantically involved with Ashra Ortiz.
Note – He has 2 daughters and a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Errol Spence Jr. is of Jamaican descent on his father’s side and has African-American roots on his mother’s side.
Errol Spence Jr. Facts
- He won the U.S. National Golden Gloves in 2009 as well as won three consecutive national amateur welterweight championships from 2009 to 2011.
- At the 2011 World Championships, Errol made it to the quarter-finals but then lost to Serik Sapiyev.
- At the 2012 London Olympics, he lost in the quarter-finals to Russian amateur boxer Andrey Zamkovoy.
- Errol Spence Jr. made his professional debut at the age of 22 at the Fantasy Springs Casino in Indio, California in a scheduled 4-round bout against 19-year-old Jonathan Garcia on November 9, 2012.
- In 2013, he fought 8 times and emerged as the winner every time.
- On June 27, 2014, he made his Showtime television debut at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas in a 10-round fight against Ronald Cruz. He was taken the distance and won a shutout unanimous decision.
- At the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, he beat Javier Castro by TKO in the 5th round on December 13, 2014.
- In a Premier Boxing Champions fight card at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, Errol Spence Jr. beat Canadian-Colombian professional boxer Samuel Vargas by TKO in Round 4 of 10.
- It was announced in October 2015 that Spence would fight at The Bomb Factory in Dallas on November 28 against Mexican boxer Alejandro Barrera (28-2, 18 KOs). He went on to beat Barrera via 5th-round TKO.
- He was named the 2015 “ESPN.com Prospect of the Year”.
- On September 28, 2019, Errol Spence Jr. faced two-time welterweight world champion Shawn Porter in a unification bout with the IBF and WBC welterweight titles on the line. Errol went on to knock Porter down in the 11th round en route to a split decision victory, with the judges scoring it 116–111, 116–111, 112–115.
- On October 10, 2019, he was involved in a single-vehicle accident at 2:53 AM in his hometown of Dallas, Texas, and was hospitalized in the intensive care unit. It was reported by Dallas police that his Ferrari 488 Spider was “traveling at a high rate of speed” and then “veered left over the center median onto the southbound lanes and flipped multiple times, ejecting the driver, who was not wearing a seatbelt.” Spence had been drinking alcohol earlier that night and sustained facial lacerations, but no broken bones. He was discharged from the hospital 6 days later and was subsequently charged with a DWI (a class-B misdemeanor by the Dallas Police Department).
- Following his accident, Errol Spence Jr. posted on Instagram “No broken bones I’m a savage!!” and the post received major backlash as many stated that he was just lucky to be alive and noted that he could have seriously hurt others due to his drunk driving. He later deleted the post.
Featured Image by Texas A&M University-Commerce Marketing Communications Photography / Flickr / CC BY 2.0