|Matt Cameron Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1962|
Matt Cameron is an American musician and songwriter who is known for having been the drummer for bands such as Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. In addition to that, he has also been a part of many other groups and projects including Temple of the Dog, Hater, Wellwater Conspiracy, Bam Bam, and Skin Yard.
Matthew David Cameron
Matt, Foo Cameron, Ted Dameron
San Diego, California, United States
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Matt Cameron studied at Bonita Vista High School located in the city of Chula Vista, California.
Alternative Metal, Grunge, Alternative Rock, Heavy Metal, Hard Rock
Drums, Vocals, Synthesizer, Mellotron, Guitar
Monkeywrench Records, Cruz Records, Sub Pop, SST Records, A&M Records, C/Z Records, Third Gear, Epic Records, Time Bomb Recordings, TVT Records, Megaforce Records, J Records
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matt Cameron has dated –
- April Acevez – He has been married to April Acevez and the duo parents 2 children – son Ray and daughter Josie.
Race / Ethnicity
Matt Cameron is of English and Scottish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Lean physique
- Deep-set eyes
He has done endorsement work for Yamaha Drums and Hardware, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Drumsticks, and Remo Drumheads.
Matt Cameron Facts
- He spent his childhood years growing up in San Diego, California.
- Matt Cameron has credited Tony Williams, Keith Moon, Steve Gadd, Stewart Copeland, Bill Bruford, and Kiss as his musical influences.
- His fellow Soundgarden bandmates included Chris Cornell, Kim Thayil, Ben Shepherd, Hiro Yamamoto, Scott Sundquist, and Jason Everman.
- With Soundgarden, Matt Cameron has been a part of several musical projects which include Louder Than Love, Superunknown, Down on the Upside, Ultramega OK, and King Animal.
- He was a member of the rock supergroup Temple of the Dog along with Chris Cornell, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, and Eddie Vedder. The band was formed as a tribute to Chris Cornell’s friend, the late Andrew Wood, lead singer of the bands Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone.
- He won the 1991 Northwest Area Music Award in the “Best Musician – Drums” category and also won the same award the following year for “Best Drums”.
- On April 7, 2017, Matt Cameron was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of Pearl Jam.
- He is an avid runner.
- Regarding Matt Cameron’s musical finesse, Pearl Jam vocalist Eddie Vedder once said, “Matt Cameron writes songs and we run to find step stools in order to reach his level, … what comes naturally to him leaves us with our heads cocked like the confused dogs that we are, … eventually getting it. Did we mention he’s the greatest drummer on the planet?”.
Featured Image by Matthew Straubmuller / Flickr / CC BY 2.0