|Hiro Yamamoto Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1961|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Hiro Yamamoto is an American musician, songwriter, and bassist who is best known for being a co-founder of the grunge band Soundgarden, along with Kim Thayil and Chris Cornell. As a member of Soundgarden, he has been a part of a number of projects which include Ultramega OK, Down on the Upside, King Animal, Badmotorfinger, Louder Than Love, and Superunknown.
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Hiro Yamamoto attended Western Washington University and pursued a master’s degree in physical chemistry.
Musician, Songwriter, Bassist
Heavy Metal, Grunge, Alternative Metal, Garage Rock, Surf Music, Exotica
Bass Guitar, Vocals, Guitar
Sub Pop, A&M Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Hiro Yamamoto is of Japanese descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Charming smile
Hiro Yamamoto Facts
- He was raised in Seattle, Washington.
- With Soundgarden, Hiro Yamamoto released the band’s first studio album, Ultramega OK, on October 31, 1988, via SST Records and the album comprised of songs such as Smokestack Lightning, Flower, Beyond the Wheel, All Your Lies, Mood for Trouble, Head Injury, and Nazi Driver.
- Ultramega OK was nominated for a Grammy Award in the “Best Metal Performance” category in 1990. Also, it was ranked at number #8 on the US Vinyl Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #9 on the US Tastemaker Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Hiro Yamamoto founded the rock band, Truly, in 1991 and its other members included Robert Roth and Mark Pickerel.
- As a member of Truly, he released the band’s debut studio album, Fast Stories…from Kid Coma, on June 20, 1995. It included tracks like Blue Flame Ford, Four Girls, Leslie’s Coughing up Blood, Angelhead, Chlorine, and So Strange.
- Truly has also released other albums, tracks, and extended plays like Heart and Lungs, Feeling You Up, Twilight Curtains, and Wheels On Fire.
- Hiro Yamamoto founded the trio named Stereo Donkey in 2016 with drummer Mike Bajuk and guitarist Pat Wickline.
Featured Image by Michelle Zimmerman / Pinterest