|Chris Cornell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1964|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Cornell was an American singer, songwriter, and musician who gained acclaim as the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist for the rock bands Soundgarden and Audioslave. Moreover, he also established himself as a solo artist and released a number of tracks, albums, and extended plays such as Euphoria Mourning, Carry On, Higher Truth, Scream, The Roads We Choose – A Retrospective, She’ll Never Be Your Man, Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart, and Part of Me Remix EP.
Christopher John Boyle
He was born on July 20, 1964.
Chris Cornell committed suicide by hanging himself on May 18, 2017, at the age of 52 in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Los Angeles, California, United States
Seattle, King County, Washington, United States
Chris Cornell studied at Christ the King, a Catholic elementary school, and then got enrolled at Shorewood High School.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Edward F. Boyle (Pharmacist)
- Mother – Karen Cornell (Accountant and Self-proclaimed Psychic of Jewish Background)
- Siblings – Patrick Boyle (Older Brother), Peter Boyle (Older Brother), Katy Boyle (Younger Sister), Suzy Boyle (Younger Sister), Maggie Boyle (Younger Sister)
Chris Cornell was represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Alternative Metal, Heavy Metal, Grunge, Alternative Rock, Hard Rock
SST Records, Sub Pop, A&M Records, Epic Records, Suretone, Interscope Records, Mosley
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Cornell had dated –
- Susan Silver (1985-2004) – He started going out with music manager Susan Silver in the year 1985 and the duo got married in 1990. Their daughter Lillian Jean was born on June 28, 2000, and Cornell and Susan divorced in 2004.
- Vicky Karayiannis (2004-2017) – In 2004, he married Paris-based American publicist Vicky Karayiannis and they were blessed with 2 children – daughter Toni (b. September 18, 2004) and son Christopher Nicholas (b. December 2005). The duo remained together until his death.
Race / Ethnicity
Chris Cornell was of Norwegian, Irish, English, Scottish, Northern Irish, Welsh, German, French, Manx, and Swiss-German descent.
- Four-octave vocal range
- Sported a goatee
Regarding religion, he once said, “I don’t follow any particular one. … Ultimately I think I’m sort of a freethinker and kind of open. … So many bad things–as well as good things–have happened based on people just sort of blindly following religion that I kind of feel like I want to stay away from any type of specific denomination or any religion period.”
Chris Cornell Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Authors – Sylvia Plath
Source – IMDb
Chris Cornell Facts
- His parents divorced when he was a teenager and he adopted his mother’s maiden name ‘Cornell’ as his surname.
- With his wife Vicky, he created the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation in 2012 and it aims at providing aid to the homeless, the poor, and abused or neglected children.
- Chris Cornell was good friends with singer and songwriter Jeff Buckley and the song Wave Goodbye from his debut studio album titled Euphoria Morning was written as a tribute to his late friend.
- He enjoyed snowboarding and mountain biking.
- Chris Cornell used to ride a Harley Davidson FXR.
Featured Image by Christopher Simon / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
Im a huge Chris Cornell fan and have been since my teens. A great soul gone too soon. My he rest in paradise for eternity. I just realized that he divorced his first wife in 2004 and married his second wife in 2004. Is there more to this story. Please dont tell me my hero was an adulterer!