|Daniel Ricciardo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 1, 1989|
Daniel Ricciardo is an Australian professional racing driver who has been one of the most prominent racers in the premier F1 tier since finishing 3rd in the championship in both the 2014 and the 2016 seasons. He rose through the ranks and competed in numerous intermediate tiers, winning the Formula Renault 2.0 WEC in 2008 and the British Formula 3 Championship in 2009. Daniel was awarded the coveted Lorenzo Bandini Trophy in 2014 and won the ‘Laureus Breakthrough of the Year’ award in 2015.
Daniel Joseph Ricciardo
The Honey Badger
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
He splits his time between Monaco and Australia.
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Giuseppe “Joe” Ricciardo
- Mother – Grazia “Grace” Ricciardo
- Siblings – Michelle (Sister)
He is represented by CAA (Creative Artists Agency) Sports, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Formula One Teams
Daniel has raced for –
- Scuderia Toro Rosso (2010-2013)
- HRT Formula 1 Team (2011)
- Infiniti Red Bull Racing / Red Bull Racing / Aston Martin Red Bull Racing (2014-2018)
- Renault F1 Team (2019-Present)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel has dated –
- Jemma Boskovich (2012)
- Jessica Gomes – Daniel started dating model Jessica Gomes in 2018. The couple broke up after some time.
- Heidi Berger (2022-Present) – Daniel’s relationship with actress Heidi Berger first came into the spotlight in September 2022 after he admitted during an interview that he was “in love with her”.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian (Sicilian) descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, curly hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a light stubble
- Has a tattoo on his left arm
Daniel Ricciardo Facts
- He sports an image of the honey badger on the back of his helmet, an animal that he feels resembles his personality.
- In his first race of the 2014 F1 season, he had finished in 2nd place but was later disqualified as he was ruled to have violated the limit of the mandated hourly fuel flow rate limit. If he would not have been disqualified, it would have been the first time that an Australian racer would have reached the podium at the Australian Grand Prix since the track became a part of the F1 championship.
- The same year, he became just the 4th Australian to win an F1 Grand Prix race when he triumphed at the Canadian Grand Prix.
- In 2016, when he finished 2nd at the German Grand Prix, he started a new celebration trend called the ‘shoey’, where he drank champagne out of a soggy boot. He repeated the celebration after finishing 2nd at the year’s Belgian Grand Prix.
Featured Image by Daniel Ricciardo / Instagram