Blake Austin Griffin
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Blake and his brother, Taylor were homeschooled by their mother until he reached 8th grade and his brother in 10th grade.
Griffin enrolled himself at the Oklahoma Christian School in Edmond, Oklahoma after which he attended the University of Oklahoma. He left his college, two years prior, so he can enter the 2009 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Tommy Griffin (Former basketball player and track standout. Currently a basketball coach)
- Mother – Gail Griffin
- Siblings – Taylor Griffin (Older Brother) (Basketball Player)
Blake Griffin is signed to Excel Sports Management.
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
114 kg or 251 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Blake Griffin dated –
- Brynn Cameron (2011–2017) – Blake started a relationship with the former USC women’s basketball player, Brynn Cameron in 2011. The couple had two children together, son Ford Wilson Cameron-Griffin (b. August 1, 2013) and daughter Finley Elaine Griffin. They split later in the summer of 2017.
- Daniella Grace (2012–2013) – Blake commenced dating the American model, Daniella Grace in December 2012. Their relationship didn’t last long and they broke up in early 2013.
- Kate Upton (2013) – RUMOR
- Lolo Jones (2016) – He reportedly dated hurdler Lolo Jones in 2016.
- Kendall Jenner (2017-2018) – In August 2017, Blake started dating model Kendall Jenner. They dated for nearly 6 months and split in February 2018.
- Francesca Aiello (2018-Present) – Malibu-based swimsuit designer Francesca Aiello and Blake were first linked in the summer of 2018 when they were strolling on the roadside.
Race / Ethnicity
Blake has American and Afro-Haitian ancestry.
17 (US) or 16.5 (UK) or 50 (EU)
Griffin has signed endorsement contracts with Panini America, NBA 2K13, Kia Motors, Subway, Vizio, and GameFly.
Blake is a Christian.
Best Known For
Blake Griffin is known for his great athleticism especially for his vertical jump and strength. He is considered as one of the best and most athletic power forwards who has ever played in the NBA league.
Griffin is also known for his achievements, which are –
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2011)
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (2011)
- 3x All-NBA Second Team (2012 – 2014)
- 5x NBA All-Star (2011 – 2015)
- NBA All-Rookie First Team (2011)
- Great Athletic Abilities (Vertical Jump, Power, Strength)
- Great Rebounder both on Offense and Defense
- Good Mid-Range Shooter
Not so good on defense
Griffin was first seen in the comedy movie The Female Brain in the role of Greg in 2018. Though the film was released in 2017 during Los Angeles Film Festival.
First TV Show
As an actor, Blake first appeared in the dramedy (comedy-drama) TV series Greek in 2008, playing as Omega Chi Brother / Condon in two of the episodes. His role was uncredited.
First NBA Appearance
Blake had his official NBA debut on October 27, 2010, when his team Los Angeles Clippers faced, at that time, the very solid team of Portland Trail Blazers with their rising star, Brandon Roy. Blake had a “huge” night, scoring 20 points and grabbing a total of 14 rebounds along with dishing 4 assists.
However, the Clippers lost that game by 10 points with the final result being 98 – 88 for the Blazers.
Blake Griffin is well known for his vertical jump and his overall athletic ability. Many people call him “the human highlight reel” because he can dunk over people like no one else can, in the whole NBA league.
His leg power and upper body strength are a result of hours spent on working both in on-season and off-season. Blake says –
“There’s no shortcut to success. My vertical jump didn’t reach this far overnight. I’ve spent hours, months and years working on my body, and I still do it on a regular basis. Staying in shape all year long is what every player should focus upon. It’s good on a long run and it gets you ready for the playoffs.”
Blake points towards his unique workouts on the sand dunes, which as he says are responsible for his great leg power and vertical jumping abilities. In his own words –
“Every summer is the same story. I go on the sand dunes and run up and down. My trainer often pushes me to run with 20 kg vest. Trust me, there is nothing better than working on the sand dunes. Neither lifting 2x bodyweight squats or deadlift can provide such intensity as sand dunes can.”
Blake Griffin Favorite Things
- Cereal – Golden Grahams
- TV Character – Michael Scott (The Office)
- Chick Flick – Crazy, Stupid, Love. (2011)
- Favorite People To Follow On Twitter – Rob Delaney, Darren Rovell
Source – SI.com, ESPN.com
Blake Griffin Facts
- Blake was selected as the first pick in the 2009 NBA Draft by Los Angeles Clippers.
- Griffin played college basketball for Oklahoma Sooners. In his sophomore year, he was named Consensus National Player of the Year.
- Since a young age, Griffin is good friends with Sam Bradford (Professional American football player). They used to train together in a gym which was owned by Sam’s father.
- Before he focused on becoming a basketball player, Blake played baseball and American football.
- While in high school, both Blake and his brother played under their father, Tommy Griffin, who was the head coach of the basketball team.
- During the summers of 2005, Griffin was a part of the Athletes First AAU team and played against DC Blue Devils (Kevin Durant and Ty Lawson were part of the team).
- During his senior year in high school, he was named Player of the Year by The Oklahoman and Tulsa World.
- During the summers of 2009, he played for the Clippers’ Summer League Team and was named Summer League MVP.
- Blake injured his left knee in the final game of the preseason when he landed badly after performing a dunk. After the game, Griffin went through some tests which showed that he got a stress fracture and need to rest for 7 weeks. However, after resting for a few weeks, he went through some tests again, which showed that Blake should go for a surgery (as his knee was not recovering properly). As a result, he missed the entire 2009-2010 season.
- He was still considered a rookie during the 2010-2011 season because he missed the entire 2009-2010 season.