Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Alia has completed high-school from Jamnabai Narsee School IB in May 2011.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Just after the release of her debut film, SOTY, Alia was reported to have been single. This is what she said
“A boyfriend doesn’t really fit into my scheme of things right now. (Laughs) My boyfriend is Student Of The Year.”
She continued that if she had the time to make any boyfriend, she would go for the bad ones.
But, later on, she was seen dating
- Sabuj Vhai – This relationship was not confirmed.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2017-2020) – In 2017, rumors started doing the rounds that Alia Bhatt was dating actor Ranbir Kapoor. They were keeping the relationship low and out of media. It was later confirmed that they were indeed dating. In early 2020, the news came that they have separated, but it was not confirmed by either of them. Hence, it still remained a rumor.
Race / Ethnicity
Her dimpled smile
34-23-33 in or 86-58.5-84 cm
Alia has appeared in commercials about Nestle Fruita Vitals, Coca-Cola, Hero Pleasure and the list goes on.
Best Known For
Starring in her debut film Student of Year released in 2012
Although, Alia’s first film was Sangharsh (1999) in which she appeared as a child artist, performing the role as a young Preity Zinta.
But, her official starring role was in 2012 film Student of the Year for her role as Shanaya Singhania. She starred in this film alongside Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan (son of famous film director David Dhawan).
Alia does visit the gym 3 to 4 times a week.
- Father – Mahesh Bhatt
- Mother – Soni Razdan
- Siblings – Shaheen Bhatt (Sister)
- Others – Pooja Bhatt (Half-Sister), Rahul Bhatt (Half-Brother), Emraan Hashmi (Cousin), Mohit Suri (Cousin), Mukesh Bhatt (Uncle)
Alia Bhatt Facts
- Alia thought of becoming an actress when she was 2 years.
- She is more close to her mother as compared to her father, Mahesh Bhatt.
- Her mother, Soni Razdan is a British-born Indian actress and film director of Kashmiri-German lineage.
- Alia is the niece of the Indian model Tina Razdan.
- She has also graced the cover of Vogue magazine of Indian edition, with her appearance in September 2012.
- Alia likes to party hard and also listen to music.
- She relies more on her intuition instead of any advice from others.
- She didn’t want her first film to be directed or produced by her father and this has come true.
- Alia was told by her father that the best way to fit in this industry is not to fit in.
- 400 girls were auditioned before finally signing Alia Bhatt for the 2012 film “Student of the Year”.
- She has a celebrity crush on Ranbir Kapoor.