|Alia Bhatt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alia Bhatt is an Indian actor and producer who has worked predominantly in the Hindi film industry. She started her career as a child actor and has appeared in various movies like Student of the Year, Gully Boy, Udta Punjab, Raazi, Kapoor & Sons, Dear Zindagi, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania, Ugly, Gangubai Kathiawadi, Sangharsh, 2 States, Highway, RRR, Shaandaar, Badrinath Ki Dulhania, Welcome to New York, Student of the Year 2, Going Home, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Zero, Kalank, and Sadak 2. She has become one of India’s highest-paid actors and was featured by Forbes Asia in their “30 Under 30” list of 2017. Alia Bhatt has also been a recipient of several accolades including the Filmfare Award, Stardust Award, International Indian Film Academy Award, BIG Star Entertainment Award, Zee Cine Award, and Screen Award.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Alia completed her high school education at Jamnabai Narsee School IB in May 2011.
- Father – Mahesh Bhatt
- Mother – Soni Razdan
- Siblings – Shaheen Bhatt (Sister)
- Others – Pooja Bhatt (Half-Sister), Rahul Bhatt (Half-Brother), Emraan Hashmi (Cousin), Mohit Suri (Cousin), Mukesh Bhatt (Uncle)
Her net worth has been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Just after the release of her debut film, SOTY, Alia was reported to have been single. This is what she said
“A boyfriend doesn’t really fit into my scheme of things right now. (Laughs) My boyfriend is Student Of The Year.”
She continued that if she had the time to make a boyfriend, she would go for the bad ones.
But, later on, she was seen dating
- Sabuj Vhai – This relationship was not confirmed.
- Ranbir Kapoor (2017-Present) – In 2017, rumors started doing the rounds that Alia Bhatt was dating actor Ranbir Kapoor. They were keeping the relationship low and out of the media. It was later confirmed that they were indeed dating. In early 2020, the news came that they have separated, but it was not confirmed by either of them. Hence, it still remained a rumor. Later, in February 2022, Alia confirmed that she was already married to Ranbir in her head for a long time. Ranbir proposed to Alia in Kenya’s Maasai Mara. On April 14, 2022, they actually got married in an intimate ceremony at RK Studios. Only 28 guests were invited to the wedding. They allegedly took 4 pheras at the wedding. In June 2022, Alia announced that she was pregnant and was soon welcoming their first child. In November 2022, she gave birth to a baby girl named Raha Kapoor at the Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital in Girgaon, Mumbai. Raha in its purest form means divine path.
Race / Ethnicity
Her dimpled smile
34-23-33 in or 86-58.5-84 cm
Alia has appeared in commercials about Nestle Fruita Vitals, Coca-Cola, Hero Pleasure, mCaffeine, and the list goes on.
In May 2023, Alia was named Gucci‘s first Indian global ambassador.
Best Known For
Starring in her debut film Student of Year released in 2012
Although, Alia’s first film was Sangharsh (1999) in which she appeared as a child artist, performing the role of a young Preity Zinta.
But, her official starring role was in the 2012 film Student of the Year for her role as Shanaya Singhania. She starred in this film alongside Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Dhawan (son of famous film director David Dhawan).
Alia does visit the gym 3 to 4 times a week.
Alia Bhatt Favorite Things
- Male Actor – Govinda
- Female Actor – Karishma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor
- Snacks – Makhana
- Exercise – Pullover
Source – YouTube
Alia Bhatt Facts
- Alia thought of becoming an actor when she was 2 years.
- She is more close to her mother as compared to her father, Mahesh Bhatt.
- Her mother, Soni Razdan is a British-born Indian actor and film director of Kashmiri-German lineage.
- Alia is the niece of the Indian model Tina Razdan.
- She has also graced the cover of Vogue magazine of Indian edition, with her appearance in September 2012.
- Alia likes to party hard and also listen to music.
- She co-starred as Sehmat Khan Syed in the 2018 Hindi-language spy thriller film Raazi, an adaptation of Harinder Sikka’s 2008 novel Calling Sehmat. For this performance, she won the Filmfare Award for “Best Actress”, Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor – Female (Viewers’ Choice)”, International Indian Film Academy Award for “Best Actress in a Leading Role”, Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award India for “Favourite Movie Actor (Female)”, and Screen Award for “Best Actress”.
- She relies more on her intuition instead of any advice from others.
- She didn’t want her first film to be directed or produced by her father and this has come true.
- Alia was told by her father that the best way to fit in this industry is not to fit in.
- 400 girls were auditioned before finally signing Alia Bhatt for the 2012 film “Student of the Year”.
- In January 2021, Alia was hospitalized after suffering from hyperacidity and nausea. She was discharged from the hospital on the same day.
- In March 2021, it was revealed that she had tested positive for COVID-19.
- Alia had privately invested INR 4.95 crore in beauty e-commerce platform Nykaa. After its IPO in November 2021, Alia’s worth in the company was estimated at INR 54 crore (over a 10x jump) on the first listing day on the stock exchange.
- She played the titular role in the 2022 Hindi-language biographical crime drama film Gangubai Kathiawadi and it became the 3rd highest-grossing Hindi film of 2022.
- Alongside N. T. Rama Rao Jr., Ram Charan, Ajay Devgn, Shriya Saran, Samuthirakani, Ray Stevenson, Alison Doody, and Olivia Morris, she co-starred as Sita (Rama Raju’s cousin and fiancé) in the 2022 Telugu-language epic action drama film RRR. The film became the 4th highest-grossing Indian film.
- Alia Bhatt was the 8th most Googled Asian celebrity as per the Google Mid Year Search 2022 list released in July 2022.
- In 2022, Alia was charging between INR 85 lakh and 1 crore for a social media ad or post. Her brand value was calculated at $68.1 million in 2021.
- In August 2022, Alia revealed that she was paid INR 15 lakhs for her debut film Karan Johar‘s Student of the Year. She gave that money to her mother and was still following that practice in 2022. As per Alia, she was not aware of the amount of money she was having in her bank account.
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor starrer film Brahmāstra: Part One – Shiva (2022) managed to earn over INR 100 crores within the 3 days of its release (Friday to Sunday) which had happened after a long gap in Hindi cinema.
- In February 2023, Alia won the best actress award at the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2023.
- In February 2023, Alia’s privacy was disturbed when she saw 2 men on the terrace of the nearby building with cameras who clicked her pictures when she was inside her house in the living room. They later released the pictures.
- Her pet peeve is when someone taps her continuously on her back.
- She has an obsession with cleaning her ears, nails, and feet.
- She is scared of dark rooms.
- Alia has a book called “memory book”. She started filling it at the age of 12 until she was 18 or 19 years old. It’s full of cards, sketches, letters, and drawings.
- In 2023, she made her international film debut with Netflix’s Heart of Stone alongside Gal Gadot.
- In 2023, Alia also made her Met Gala debut. She wore the dress made with 100,000 (1 lakh) pearls by designer Prabal Gurung.
- In 2023, she gifted 2 of her houses (flats) in Juhu, Mumbai to her sister Shaheen which were worth ₹7.68 crores in April 2023. They are 2,086.75 sq ft in area and are in Gigi Apartments in Mumbai.
- In April 2023, she also purchased a new 2,497 sq ft house in Bandra, Mumbai for whopping ₹37.80 crores in the name of her production house Eternal Sunshine Production Pvt. Ltd. On April 10, 2023, she registered the sale agreement and paid ₹2.26 crore stamp duty.
- Bhatt won the Best Actress award for Gangubai Kathiawadi at the IIFA Awards 2023 held in Abu Dhabi, UAE in May 2023.
- For the Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, Alia reportedly charged ₹10 crores.
- In 2020, Alia had started a child-wear brand Ed-a-Mamma. In July 2023, Reliance Brands, a subsidiary of Reliance Retail Ventures was looking to buy it for ₹300 to ₹350 crores.
- In August 2023, Alia won the National Film Award for “Best Actress” for her work in Gangubai Kathiawadi.
- Alia was featured on the cover of Vogue Thailand‘s September 2023 issue. Vogue was accused of photoshopping her face for the cover image.
- In October 2023, along with Kriti Sanon, Alia also received the ‘Best Actress’ award at the 69th National Film Awards. She received the award from President Droupadi Murmu for her role in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Gangubai Kathiawadi.