|Shriya Saran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 11, 1982|
Shriya Saran is a well distinguished Indian actress, entrepreneur, philanthropist, and model who is notably known for the roles she has played in South Indian, Bollywood, and the American show biz industry. The gorgeous Shriya has starred in over 2 dozen films and has led quite a remarkable journey as an actress. Hence, some of her most notable silver screen appearances were in the films Santosham (2002), Tagore (2003), Sivaji: The Boss (2008), Mission Istanbul (2009), Kanthaswamy Thoranai (2010), Rowthiram (2011), Manam (2015), and Gautamiputra Satakarni (2017). Shriya’s advancement in the film industry also took her to new heights after she had been cast in several American movies like The Other End of the Line (2008), Cooking with Stella (2009), and Midnight’s Children (2012).
Her success doesn’t just end there, she has also been the face for several brands such as Celebrity Cricket League, Pantene, Saravana Stores, McVitie’s, Vrk Silks, and KMF. Nevertheless, Shriya is also an avid philanthropic who supports many charities across India. She also has a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Twitter and 2.5 million followers on Instagram.
Shriya Saran Bhatnagar
Chidiya, Shriya, Shreya
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Shriya studied at Delhi Public School, Ranipur in Haridwar and Delhi Public School, Mathura Road, New Delhi.
Later, she graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Arts in Literature from Lady Shri Ram College in Delhi.
Actress, Model, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist
- Father – Pushpendra Saran Bhatnagar (Former Government Employee)
- Mother – Neeraja Saran Bhatnagar (Former Chemistry Teacher)
- Siblings – Abhiroop Saran Bhatnagar (Older Brother)
Saran is represented by Media9.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shriya has dated –
- Siddharth Narayan – In the past, Shriya was believed to have been dating actor Siddharth. However, not much seemed to have come off the relationship as the two never came forth to clarify.
- S. Sreesanth (2008) – According to sources, Shriya and cricketer S. Sreesanth met one another for the first time for the shoot of an ad campaign in 2008. The two soon began spending more time with each other and started a relationship that was short lived due to Sreesanth’s devotion towards his game.
- Jesse Metcalfe (2008) – American actor Jesse Metcalfe who as of 2016 was engaged to American actress Cara Santana was rumored to have been in a relationship with Shriya in 2008. The two starred in her English debut theatrical film The Other End of the Line (2008) and went on to spend a lot of time together off-screen as well. Despite the spreading speculation, Shriya never came forth to clarify anything.
- Akshaye Khanna (2011-2012) – Amongst many others, tales of Shriya dating her co-star Akshay began to spread in 2011. The two met on the set of Gali Gali Chor Hai that year. However, after the release of the film in February 2012, the speculations also died down.
- Dwayne Bravo (2016) – Headlines in 2016, were of the long going rumors of Trinidadian cricketer Dwayne Bravo and Shriya dating one another for a long time. The news of the two surfaced after she was spotted with him outside a hotel in Mumbai. However, when Shriya was asked about it, she rubbished the speculations saying “I am not dating anyone. It was just a casual lunch in Mumbai. In fact, I am single and happy, and am loving it.”
- Rana Daggubati (2016) – During 2016, the star of Bahubali (2015) actor Rana Daggubati was seen going to lunch with Shriya Saran. After which rumors began to spread like fire. Nevertheless, the kept on meeting with one another and in an interview, Shriya stated that they had many friends in common. She also added, “Rana is a dear friend, and there’s nothing more to it.”
- Hardik Pandya (2018) – Though not much is known about whether the speculations relating to cricketer Hardik Pandya and Shriya dating history. Yet, there have been many who have seen the two together in 2018. However, neither of them have spoken about the rumors being true or false.
- Andrei Koscheev (2018-Present) – Andrei Koscheev who is a Russian professional tennis player and entrepreneur tied the knots with Shriya on March 12, 2018, in Udaipur, Rajasthan. The wedding commenced in accordance with Hindu traditions.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Kayasthas heritage.
- Heart Shaped lips
- Thick eyebrows
- Almond eyes shape
- Long eyelashes
- Chiseled jawline
Shriya has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- CMR Shopping Mall
- Head & Shoulders
- Eva Jewellers
- Sugar-Free Gold
- Kalyan Sarees
- Saravana Stores
- Parachute Hair Oils
- National Geographic Channel
- Fair & Lovely
Best Known For
- Being cast in over 2 dozen films some which are Santosham (2002), Tagore (2003), Sivaji: The Boss (2008), Mission Istanbul (2009), Kanthaswamy Thoranai (2010), Rowthiram (2011), Manam (2015), Gautamiputra Satakarni (2017), The Other End of the Line (2008), Cooking with Stella (2009), and Midnight’s Children (2012).
- Winning several awards such as the ITFA Best Actress Award, SIIMA Award, and the Santosham Film Awards
- Working alongside some of the A-listers in the entertainment industry such as Anupam Kher, American actor Jesse Metcalfe, Rajinikanth, Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, and Genelia D’Souza
- Being featured on the cover of several magazines such as Galatta, jfW, Maxim, Perfect Woman, Femina, South Scope, Wow!, and Provoke Lifestyle
Shriya made her debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Neha in Ishtam in 2001.
She made her Hindi film theatrical debut as Girija in Tujhe Meri Kasam in 2003.
Saran made her Tamil debut theatrical appearance as Reshma in Enakku 20 Unakku 18 in 2003.
She made her debut Kannada debut theatrical appearance as Ankita in Arasu in 2007.
Saran made her debut theatrical English film appearance as Priya Sethi in The Other End of the Line in 2008.
First TV Show
Shriya made her debut TV show appearance in Amma and Family in 1995.
Shriya fitness routine begins with not aiming to achieve the perfect figure. Instead, she focuses on only burning the calories consumed from day-to-day and prefers to eat healthily. Her daily regime mostly consists of a combination of running, swimming, yoga, and circuit training to attain the best possible results from each workout.
Even though she prefers to do more of outdoor activities, Shriya also goes to the gym at least 5 times a week. However, she gives first preference to outdoor exercises in order to avoid the unnatural air-conditioned surroundings that gyms have to offer.
As for her workout routine, she starts with a 20-minute run. Followed by 25-minutes of circuit training. The following exercises she does during that time are back extensions, squats, lunges, push-ups, side to side jumps, jumping jacks, sit ups, and bicep curls. Each exercise consists of 3 sets and 15 repetitions. Furthermore, Shriya performs Suryanamaskar for 10 minutes before ending her routine with a 5-minute run.
As for her diet, she prefers to eat only Indian cuisines due to its naturally balanced properties and also chooses grilled food over junk food. Besides that, she begins each day with a fresh glass of orange juice in order to replenish her skin and body with its vitamin C qualities. Then for breakfast, she usually eats a two egg made masala omelet, with with a bowl of cereal, and a paratha. As part of her mid-day meal, she binges on a lot of fruit.
For lunch, she eats grilled fish with 2 chapatis, green vegetables, and a dal. She also prefers not to consume any kind of red meat. As an evening snack, she eats mostly sprout or veggies with a few nuts mixed in.
She prefers to eat her dinner latest by 7:30 in order to be able to digest her food nicely before getting into bed. Saran also believes that sleep is very important in order to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Shriya’s advice to her fans is, beauty is about how one conceives or sees themselves. She also says elegance does not always come through makeup and instead starts with gratitude for everything that a woman is given.
Shriya Saran Favorite Things
- Place To Hangout At – Hauz Khas, Delhi
Source – Entertainment Times
According to sources, an FIR was filed against Shriya Saran in 2008. Reason being, the inappropriate dress she had worn to the 175th-day celebration of Sivaji: The Boss (2007). The police complaint was registered by a Hindu organization in Chennai. The group had stated that her outfit had “offended Hindu culture”. Shriya later apologized and said “I was shooting for a Hindi film in Thanjavur. I came to the function directly from the shooting. I was unaware of the repercussions because of the attire I wore during the function”.
Shriya Saran Facts
- She was raised in Haridwar alongside her older brother Abhiroop Saran Bhatnagar.
- Besides acting, Shriya is a professional classical dancer. She started off dancing when she was quite young alongside her mother who taught her the basics of Kathak and Rajasthani styles of dance. Later, she went on to learn Kathak from legendary Kathak dancer Shovana Narayan.
- Shriya’s father is a former employee of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), whereas, her mother is also a retired chemistry teacher who taught at both the schools Shriya studied at.
- Growing up, Shriya led quite the hearty lifestyle often playing and cycling with her friends while coming back and forth from school.
- Prior to becoming an actress, Shriya intended on becoming a classical dancer. However, she eventually chose the entertainment industry after she caught the attention of Ramoji Films who later offered her a role in her debut film Ishtam (2001). They had discovered her in Renoo Nathan’s music video for Thirakti Kyun Hawa in 2001. At the time, she was in her second year of college.
- She walked as a show stopper at the Lakme Fashion Week in 2013.
- Karela is her least favorite dish. She loves Malabar, Andhra, and Goan fish curry though.
- Saran craves dark chocolates and coffee. She consumes them in moderation.
- Shriya is a true philanthropist, who has aided several humanitarian organizations and also contributes to society through a spa called Shree Spa, which was opened in Mumbai in 2011. At the spa, the employees are all visually impaired.
- In the past, she was appointed as the brand ambassador for several brands such as Pantene, Saravana Stores, McVitie’s, Vrk Silks, Brooke Bond Taj Mahal Tea, Lux, and KMF. She also served as the face of Celebrity Cricket League for 2 seasons. She was also chosen to represent organizations such as the Naandi Foundation and Save A Child’s Heart Foundation in the past.
- Shriya was featured on the cover of Maxim in June 2008.
- Saran does not advertise for soft drink companies as according to her they are not a healthy choice for children.
- She danced along with actor Shahrukh Khan during the fourth season opening ceremony of the Celebrity Cricket League in April 2010.
- Saran has held lectures at several esteemed institutions such as the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad and the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), Madras.
- In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling to exotic places, and spending some quality time trying to find the best in herself.
- She plays an important part in donating money to the Prevention of Aids organization.
- In 2009, Saran took part in The Joy of Giving Week’ (Now Know As Daan Utsav). She is also a member of the Blue Cross of India animal welfare association.
- She has received many highly regarded awards such as the 2010 Lalitha Kala Parishath Award for “Contributions to Telugu Cinema”, and a GR8 Women’s Award in 2014.
- Saran was listed as one of the top actresses in Rediff’s “Reigning women achievers in Indian cinema!” for 2010.
- The Times of India had ranked Shriya in their 50 Most Desirable Women list for 6 consecutive years. The highest she was ranked was in 2014 at 5th place. She was also placed at 3rd place in 2013, on the Hyderabad Times Most Desirable Women and was later listed at 2nd place in 2014 and 2015.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC-BY-3.0