|Samuthirakani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Samuthirakani is an Indian actor, voice actor, director, and screenwriter who is widely known for having starred in numerous Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu films, such as Subramaniapuram (2008), Oppam (2016) and Aakashavaani (2021), respectively. He has appeared in a number of TV shows like Ramany vs Ramany Part II (2021). He has directed various projects too, for instance, the movie Shambo Shiva Shambo (2010). Samuthirakani is the recipient of several accolades including the National Film Award for “Best Supporting Actor” in 2016.
Samudira Kani, P.Samuthirakani, Samudrakhani
Seithur, Rajapalayam, Tamil Nadu, India
He completed his B.Sc. in Mathematics from the Rajapalayam Rajus College and he also acquired a Bachelor of Law from Ambedkar Law College.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Screenwriter
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Expressive eyes
Samuthirakani Favorite Things
- Director – Vetrimaaran
Source – MovieCrow.com
- He has recalled always having craved to become an actor. People would tell him that he did not have the looks or skills necessary to be an actor, but he would never get discouraged.
- Samuthirakani has cherished the freedom of being a character artist and being able to play a supporting role one day and the lead part the next.
- He has revealed that he has managed to juggle between projects and character moods by ensuring he never works on two projects at the same time. Vada Chennai was filmed for 40 days after which there was a 4-day break in between when he happily spent the time by himself. By never being in a rush, he has retained the mood of a particular character.
- Samuthirakani has felt grateful for becoming successful in his career. He has recollected the time he had been an assistant director and has understood the pain of hunger which led him to involve himself in feeding the poor whenever possible.
- He has found phones to be distracting having noticed one call to have disturbed a train of beautiful thoughts that were getting developed after hours of working on it. He has found it wise to avoid it as much as possible as he has found peace then and has got a lot of work done.
- Samuthirakani has enjoyed time by himself when he has jotted down notes in his notepad. Even when he has got a 10-minute break in between a shot, he has been busy with it or started reading a book.
Featured Image by Samuthirakani / Instagram