|Jr. NTR Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1983|
|Spouse||Nandamuri Lakshmi Pranathi|
Jr. NTR is a well-distinguished Indian actor, playback singer, choreographer, dancer, and TV personality in Telugu cinema. The handsome actor comes from one of South India’s most prominent political and acting influenced family beginning with his grandfather actor N. T. Rama Rao, who served as the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. Despite that, Jr. NTR didn’t have an easy ride to the success that he sits on today of being one of the highest-paid actors with an annual income of INR 360 million as of the year 2016.
He started his career in acting at a very young age, making his debut in the film Brahmashri Vishwamitra in 1991. Thereafter, he appeared in numerous successful films including Aadi (2002), Rakhi (2006), Yamadonga (2007), Adhurs (2010), Brindavanam (2010), Shakti (2011), Baadshah (2013), Temper (2015), and Nannaku Prematho (2016). Nevertheless, Jr. NTR has also successfully released various songs including Geleya Geleya (2016), Follow Follow (2016), Raakasi Raakasi (2014), and Chari (2010). He also earned a good rapport for himself as a professional Kuchipudi dancer and choreographer.
With time, he has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 3.5 million followers on Facebook, more than 1.5 million on Instagram, more than 4 million followers on Twitter, and more than 70k subscribers on YouTube.
Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr.
Jr. N.T R, Tarak, Young Tiger, Thalaivaa, Young Tiger NTR
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Film Nagar, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Jr. NTR has attended Vidyaranya High School. Later, he went on to complete his further studies from St. Mary’s College in Hyderabad.
He also attended Kuchipudi dance lessons under the careful guidance of Master Sudhakar.
Actor, Television Personality, Playback Singer, Dancer, Choreographer, Philanthropist
- Father – Nandamuri Harikrishna (Actor, Producer, Politician)
- Mother – Shalini Bhaskar Rao
- Siblings – None
- Others – Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (Younger Half-Brother) (Actor, Producer), Nandamuri Suhasini (Younger Half-Sister), Nandamuri Balakrishna (Paternal Uncle) (Actor, Producer, Politician), N. Chandrababu Naidu (Paternal Uncle) (Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh), Taraka Ratna Ramarao Nandamuri (Paternal Cousin Brother) (Actor), Nara Lokesh (Paternal Cousin Brother) (Businessman, Politician), Daggubati Purandeswari (Paternal Aunt), N. Trivikrama Rao (Paternal Uncle), Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (Paternal Grandfather), Basavatarakam (Paternal Grandmother)
Jr. NTR was previously managed by Krishna.
Feature Film Soundtrack, Contemporary R&B, Neo Soul, Pop, Filmi
Jr. NTR has released his music with various labels including Anand Audio.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jr. NTR has dated –
- Sameera Reddy – In the past, actress Sameera Reddy and Jr. NTR were rumored to be dating one another. However, in 2018, she came forth and told the media that she and Jr. NTR shared nothing more than a close friendship as she did not know anyone else from the industry at the time. She also stated that “I got close to NTR, but there is nothing more than friendship between us. But people kept talking about Sameera-NTR as an affair and that led to issues at my home, due to which, I’ve kept out of Tollywood.”
- Nandamuri Lakshmi Pranathi (2011-Present) – Jr. NTR got married to Nandamuri Lakshmi Pranathi on May 5, 2011, at the Hitex Exhibition Center, Madhapur, Hyderabad. The couple was brought together through arranged marriage by none other than the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, N. Chandrababu Naidu. Prior to their marriage, a lawyer had pressed charges against Jr. NTR and his family for violating the “Child Marriage Restraint Act.” It is said that Nandamuri was only 17 at the time and the legal age of marriage was 18. However, not much is known about what happened next, as the marriage was carried out as planned. The duo later had a boy named Abhay Ram Nandamuri (b. June 22, 2014) and the had their 2nd child, also a boy named Bhargav Ram (b. June 14, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular physique
- Brush his hair backward
- Sports a full beard
Jr. NTR has appeared in commercials for various brands such as –
- Appy Fizz
- Parle Agro
- Himani Navratna Oil
Best Known For
- His important portrayal as Aadi Keshava Reddy in Aadi (2002), Ramakrishna in Rakhi (2006), Raja in Yamadonga (2007), Narasimhachari in Adhurs (2010), Krishna in Brindavanam (2010), Shakti Swaroop / Maha Rudra in Shakti (2011), Baadshah in Baadshah (2013), Daya in Temper (2015), and Abhiram in Nannaku Prematho (2016)
- Receiving a number of awards such as the CineMAA Award, Filmfare Awards South, Gemini TV Award, South Scope Award, Sitara Award, IIFA Utsavam, SIIMA Award, and Nandi Award
- The release of his hit songs Geleya Geleya for the film Chakravyuha (2016) and Follow Follow for the film Nannaku Prematho (2016)
- Being listed on the Forbes India “Celebrity 100” list at 27th place in 2012 with a yearly income of INR 190 million
- Being a descendant of the great “Nandamuri” family
- His amazing cooking skills
- Working along with the likes of Keerthi Chawla, Ileana D’Cruz, Charmme Kaur, Nayantara, Sheela, Kajal Aggarwal, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Prakash Raj, and many more
As a Singer
Jr. NTR has sung a number of songs including O Lammi Thikkareginda (2007), 123 Nenoka Kantri (2008), Chari (2010), Raakasi Raakasi (2014), Follow Follow (2016), and Geleya Geleya (2016). He has also received various awards such as 2 “Sensational Special” Mirchi Music Awards South 2015.
As a child artiste, he made his debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Bharata in Brahmashri Vishwamitra in 1991. The film was directed by his grandfather N. T. Rama Rao.
As an adult, Jr. NTR made his debut Telugu theatrical film appearance as Venu in Ninnu Choodalani in 2001.
First TV Show
Jr. NTR made his debut TV show appearance at the age of 13 in ETV Telugu’s show Bhaktha Markandeya in 1996.
Jr. NTR trains under the supervision of Zimbabwean trainer Lloyd Stevens.
Though not much is known about the kind of exercises NTR does to gain muscle and his transforming ripped physique, he does follow a strict and rigorous training pattern.
Little that is known by sources, he also follows a strict diet routine and in 2018, the young tiger lost 20 kg in under 3 months.
Besides going to the gym, Jr. NTR also enjoys practicing yoga and other meditational exercises.
Jr. NTR Favorite Things
- Song – Ralipoye Puvva Neeku Raagalenduke from the film Matru Devo Bhava (1993)
- Hollywood Film – Charlie’s Angels (2000)
- Film Of All-Time – Daana Veera Soora Karna (1977)
- Hero – N. T. Rama Rao
- Actress – Sridevi
- Number – 9
Source – News 18
Jr. NTR Facts
- He was raised in Hyderabad.
- NTR grew up as the only kid born to actor, producer, and politician Nandamuri Harikrishna and Shalini Bhaskar Rao. He had always wished he had a sister.
- He was barely 8 years old when he made his first silver screen appearance in Brahmashri Vishwamitra (1991).
- His film Baadshah (2013), earned him a huge Japanese fan following, as it was featured at the 2014 Osaka Asian Film Festival.
- In the past, Jr. NTR was chosen as the brand ambassador for Otto.
- His mother is his main source of inspiration and courage.
- He started learning to dance under the guidance of Master Sudhakar at a very early age. NTR even took part in various events held by the “Telugu Association of North America” (TANA) and the “European Telugu Association” (ETA) in Manchester.
- Jr. NTR cooks for his wife when he’s stressed out. It said that he can cook almost anything and his food is super delicious. He even cooked a mutton biryani for the 2017 Bigg Boss Telugu 1 housemates.
- He once stated that he thinks of his son Abhay as his daughter as he had wanted a girl.
- His wife Pranathi prefers to watch contemporary movies.
- The best advice he got from his beloved father was “jump, die, live, whatever it may be, you do it yourself. You are the best judge of your film. You will have to take responsibility for the good and bad in your life. Only then will you come out as a strong person.”
- Jr. NTR’s dedication has got him injured on the set of many films like Aadi (2002) and Simhadri (2003). In 2009, he was also seriously injured after his SUV swerved off the road. He had broken 5 ribs of his along with a fractured spine. He was returning from campaigning for Telugu Desam Party in Khammam district of Telangana.
- In 2012, he was placed at #27 in the Forbes India “Celebrity 100” list. His annual income at the time was INR 190 million. Later, in 2016, he was ranked at #55 on their list with a yearly income of INR 360 million.
- On August 29, 2018, NTR lost his father Nandamuri Harikrishna at the age of 65 in a fatal car accident that took his life on the spot. It is said that Harikrishna’s SUV crashed into a road median on the Nalgonda district highway. He was not wearing his seatbelt at the time of the crash, which proved to be a very costly mistake. Mysteriously, Harikrishna had lost his son Janaki Ram to a disastrous car accident on the same highway 4 years earlier in 2014.
- He is a huge fan of the late actress Sridevi and Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- In 2017, he hosted the inaugural season of Bigg Boss Telugu show. His appearance in the show raised the stakes for Star Maa to such an extent that, the channel had a record-breaking number of viewers.
- Amongst the various talents he possesses, Jr. NTR is also a dedicated philanthropist, who had announced twice that, he would be donating a sum of INR 20 lakhs to the 2009 Chief Minister’s Relief Fund. In 2014, he stated that he would be donating INR 20 lakhs to the CM’s Relief Fund to aid in the distressing situation of “Cyclone Hudhud” in Andhra Pradesh.
- In 2013, NTR and producer Bandla Ganesh donated 5 lakhs to the family of a fan who lost his life after being trampled over by thousands during the audio function of the film Baadshah.
- He is good friends with actor Rajeev Kanakala as well as well-known directors S. S. Rajamouli, Vinayak V.V., and Koratala Siva.
- NTR’s mother hails from Kundapura, Karnataka.
- He is a true believer in the teachings of Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev.
- In 2013, his film Baadshah became the only film in India to ever get a Japanese release. It is also the 2nd Indian star after actor Rajinikanth to have a film dubbed in Japanese.
- Jr. NTR is obsessed with the number 9. He once paid INR 10.5 lakhs to have his BMW 7 series registered with the number 9999. In fact, all of his vehicles are registered to 9999.
- Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh and Jr. NTR both train with Lloyd Stephen.
Featured Image By Jr. NTR / Facebook