|Nayanthara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 18, 1984|
Nayanthara is an Indian film actress who is famous for starring in Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Kannada films. Making her debut in the Malayalam film Manassinakkare in 2003 as Gouri, she attained a huge amount of success from it which in-turn helped boost her career. After that, she went on to star in several hit films such as Chandramukhi (2005), Dubai Seenu (2007), Tulasi (2007), Billa (2007), Yaaradi Nee Mohini (2008), Aadhavan(2009), Adhurs (2010), Simha (2010), Boss Engira Bhaskaran (2010), Sri Rama Rajyam (2011), Raja Rani (2013), Arrambam (2013), and many others. The gorgeous model and actress has also earned herself several awards such as the IIFA Utsavam Award, Kalaimamani Award, Tamil Nadu State Film Award, Filmfare Award South, and the Vijay Award. Nayanthara had also earned a place in Forbes India‘s prestigious “2018 Celebrity 100” list and Kochi Times‘ “List of 15 Most Desirable Women in 2014”.
Diana Mariam Kurian
Nayanthara, Nayan, Mani
Thiruvalla, Kerala, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Nayanthara studied at the Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School in Thiruvalla, Kerala. Later, she pursued a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from Marthoma College.
Apart from that, she spent her schooling days in various other places like Jamnagar, Gujarat, and Delhi.
Actress, Film Producer, Model
- Father – Kurian Kodiyattu (Retired Indian Air Force Officer)
- Mother – Omana Kurian
- Siblings – Leno Kurian (Older Brother)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kgs or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nayanthara has dated –
- Silambarasan (2006) – In 2006, while shooting for the Tamil movie Vallavan, Nayanthara and actor Silambarasan met each other for the first time on the set. She later admitted to being in a relationship with him. A poster of the movie showed them having locked lips together. However, during an interview that year, they both confirmed their break-up.
- Prabhu Deva (2009-2012) – Rumors of Nayanthara and professional dancer and choreographer Prabhu Deva dating one another started to surface in 2009. However, they kept their relationship a secret until 2010, when Prabhu himself stated that he was in love with Nayanthara. Later, Prabhu’s statement about wanting to marry Nayanthara was heard by his first wife Latha who then, filed a case against him to restrict him from marrying her. His wife also stated that if her plea was not put into action, she would go on a hunger strike. Prabhu’s wife was also supported by many women organizations. Despite that, Nayanthara had grown so fond of Prabhu that she got a tattoo of his name on her forearm. In between that time, Prabhu and his wife parted ways in 2010, whereas, Prabhu and Nayanthara started living with one another in Mumbai after which she quit her job. However, due to the lavish lifestyle that she chose to live, Nayanthara went into a huge amount of debt and finally in 2012, the duo announced that they were no more together.
- Vignesh Shivan (2017-Present) – Nayanthara and director Vignesh Shivan began dating one another in 2017. They together worked in a dark comedy movie Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (2015) where they came face to face with one another for the first time. The two made their official appearance at an award show in Singapore that year. Earlier, they had also announced that they were planning to get married and have since been together.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair ‘pink’.
- Snub nose
- Perfect jawline
Nayanthara has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
- GRT Jewellers
- Tata Sky
Best Known For
- Being cast in several hit Telugu and Tamil films such as Chandramukhi (2005), Dubai Seenu (2007), Tulasi (2007), Billa (2007), Yaaradi Nee Mohini (2008), Aadhavan (2009), Adhurs (2010), Simha (2010), Boss Engira Bhaskaran (2010), Sri Rama Rajyam (2011), Raja Rani (2013), Arrambam (2013), Thani Oruvan (2015), Maya (2015), Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (2015), Babu Bangaram (2016) and Iru Mugan (2016)
- Winning several awards such as IIFA Utsavam Award, Kalaimamani Award, Tamil Nadu State Film Award, Filmfare Award South, and Vijay Award
- Being listed in Forbes India‘s “2018 Celebrity 100” list and Kochi Times‘s “List of 15 Most Desirable Women in 2014”
Nayanthara made her debut Malayalam theatrical film appearance as Gouri in Manassinakkare in 2003.
She made her debut Tamil theatrical film appearance as Selvi in Ayya in 2005.
Nayanthara made her first Telugu theatrical film appearance as Nandhinee in Lakshmi in 2006.
Nayanthara is very particular about her health and in order to keep herself fit and healthy, she regularly practices yoga. She is also very careful about what she eats, though, she does not follow a strict diet plan and eats whatever is offered to her when on set filming.
She also has a personal trainer who assists with her workout routines. Besides that, she tries to sleep for a minimum of 8 hours every day and also takes power nap’s in the afternoon to allow herself to feel fresh and go on with the day with a clear mind.
Nayanthara Favorite Things
- Film – Manassinakkare (2003)
- Movies She Starred In – Yaaradi Nee Mohini (2008) and Billa (2007)
- Tamil Actress – Simran Bagga
- Tamil Actor – Rajinikanth, C. Joseph Vijay
- Film Starring C. Joseph Vijay – Pokkiri (2007)
- Past Time – Watching Movies
- Color – Black
- Role – Keerthi in Yaaradi Nee Mohini (2008)
- Holiday Destinations – Canada
- Cuisine – North Indian
- She spent her childhood days, between Chennai, Gujarat, and Delhi after which she and her parents finally settled in Kerala.
- Though she was raised as a Syrian Christian, she converted to Hinduism at the Arya Samaj Temple, which is situated in Chennai in November 2011. Nayanthara has also chanted the hymns from the Veda and Gayatri Mantra. She also followed the Vedic ritual of Shuddhi Karma in the process of becoming a Hindu. After that, she changed her name to Nayanthara from Diana Mariam Kurian.
- Her father is a retired officer in the Indian Air Force.
- She is a proud receiver of the Kalaimamani Award 2010.
- Nayanthara was discovered by film director Sathyan Anthikkad in 2003. She was in college at the time.
- As of April 2019, the stunningly beautiful actress had won more than 45 awards and was nominated for more than 58.
- She worked as a part-time model prior to becoming an actress and in 2002, she won the Best Model Award of Kerala.
- After the success of Billa, she was titled as the “Glamour Queen of Tamil cinema” by Sify in 2007.
- In 2011, she played the role of Sita in Sri Rama Rajyam, which was based on an episode from the Hindu epic Ramayana, for which she won the Filmfare and Nandi Award for”Best Actress”. She also won the Filmfare Awards for Best Actress for her role in the films Raja Rani (2013), Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (2015), and Aramm (2017).
- When it comes to checking into hotels, she prefers to stay at one that has a gym in it.
- She aspired to be a chartered accountant. However, due to her busy schedule in the film industry, she was forced to drop the idea.
- Nayanthara was listed in Forbes India‘s “2018 Celebrity 100” list at #69. She was estimated to have earned INR 15.17 crore that year.
- Nayanthara earned a place in the Kochi Times‘ “List of 15 Most Desirable Women in 2014”. She was ranked at 2nd place for 3 consecutive years on the list after 2014.
- In 2017, she was paid a whopping INR 5 crore to star in a 50-second advertisement for Tata Sky.
- In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, reading books, and going on long drives.
- She does not seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image By Vignesh Shivan / Instagram