|Simran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1976|
Simran is an Indian film actress, producer, classical dancer, and model who is widely known for her performance in Tamil movies such as Thulladha Manamum Thullum (1999) where she portrayed the part of Rukmani, earning the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for “Best Actress”, in Telugu films like Kalisundam Raa (2000) in which she played the role of Manga, her work fetching her the Film Fans’ Association Award for “Best Telugu Actress”, in Hindi features including Daadagiri (1997) where she essayed the character of Uma, Malayalam movies like Heart Beats (2007) in which she portrayed the role of Thangam George as well as in Kannada movies including Simhada Mari (1997) where she performed as Usha. She has also starred in several TV shows such as Jackpot (2010–2013) where she appeared as the host.
Rishibala Ashok Naval
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
She attended St. Anthony’s High School in Versova and completed her B.Com in Mumbai.
Actress, Producer, Dancer, Model
- Father – Ashok Naval
- Mother – Sharda
- Siblings – Monal (Sister) (Actress; Deceased), Jyothi (Sister), Sumith (Brother)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Deepak Bagga (2003-Present) – She tied the knot with Deepak, who was her childhood family friend, on December 2, 2003. They have 2 sons named Adheep and Aadit.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Mole above her lips
- Tattoo on the left side of her chest
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp nose
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as CavinKare’s Chinni’s.
Simran Favorite Things
- Hobby – Dancing, having been trained in Bharatanatyam and Salsa
- Passion – Modeling, also having dreamed of becoming a fashion designer when she was in college
Source – Telugu.Boldsky.com
- She was born to Punjabi parents.
- She had earned the Filmfare Award South for “Best Female Debut” for her performance in V. I. P. (1997), where she had played the role of Priya.
- Simran has disclosed that she was thrilled and grateful to have the opportunity to act opposite Rajinikanth in the film Petta (2019) as Mangalam and working with him for the first time was a delightful experience. She has stated that Rajinikanth has been her superhero and she found him to be a simple, humble, and practical person.
- Simran is fluent in Punjabi, Hindi, English, Tamil, and Telugu.
- She has affirmed that in order to maintain her beauty and fitness, she has tried to eat, sleep, and live well and has believed that it is more about feeling good than looking pretty. She has pointed out that doing so is not very easy after having 2 children and that after the birth of her 2nd child, she had to lose a lot of weight. However, it became easier for her to shed kilos after she decided that she needed to look after herself, not just to look good, but to be fit and free from sickness.
Featured Image by Simran Rishi Bagga / Instagram