|Nandamuri Balakrishna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1960|
Nandamuri Balakrishna is an Indian actor, producer, and politician who has predominantly worked in films made in the Telugu language. As of April 2022, he had acted in more than 100 movies and had won 3 Nandi Awards (presented annually by the Government of Andhra Pradesh to recognize excellence in Telugu cinema, theatre, and TV), and 1 South Indian International Movie Award (SIIMA). In June 2014, he had become a member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly by winning the general state election from the Hindupur constituency.
Balakrishna, Balayya, Nata Simha, Yuga Star, Yuva Ratna
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Nandamuri Balakrishna, after his high school graduation, had joined the Nizam College, a constituent college of the Osmania University, a collegiate public state university in Hyderabad. He had earned a bachelor’s degree in commerce from there.
Actor, Producer, Politician
- Father – Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao aka NTR (Actor, Filmmaker, Politician, Winner of 3 National Film Awards, Padma Shri Awardee, Founder of the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Chief Minister of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh from January 1983 to August 1984, September 1984 to December 1989, and December 1994 to September 1995) (d. January 1996)
- Mother – Basava Rama Tarakam Nandamuri (d. 1985)
- Siblings – Nandamuri Ramakrishna Sr. (Older Brother) (Actor) (d. 1962), Nandamuri Saikrishna (Older Brother) (Theatre Owner) (d. 2004), Nandamuri Harikrishna (Older Brother) (Actor, Producer, Politician, Former Member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly, Former Member of the Rajya Sabha, the Upper House of the Indian Parliament) (d. August 2018), Nandamuri Ramakrishna Jr. (Brother) (Film Producer), Daggubati Purandeswari (Sister) (Politician, Former Minister of State of Human Resource Development in the Government of India), Nandamuri Jayakrishna (Brother) (Cinematographer), Nara Bhuvaneshwari (Sister), Kantamaneni Uma Maheswari (Sister), Garapati Lokeswari (Sister), Nandamuri Mohanakrishna (Brother) (Cinematographer), Nandamuri Jayashankar Krishna (Brother)
- Others – Venkata Ramamma (Paternal Grandmother), Laxmaiah (Paternal Grandfather), N. Trivikrama Rao (Paternal Uncle) (Film Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Winner of 4 National Film Awards, 3 Nandi Awards, and 2 Filmfare Awards South), Lakshmi Kumari (Sister-in-Law) (d. February 1973), Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (Nephew) (Actor, Producer), Swathi (Niece-in-Law), Sourya Ram (Grand Nephew), Taraka Advitha (Grand Niece), Janaki Ram Nandamuri (Nephew) (Film Producer) (d. December 2014), Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (Grand Nephew), Nandamuri Soumitri Prabhakara Rao (Grand Niece), Nandamuri Suhasini (Niece) (Politician), Chandru Venkata Sriharsha (Grand Nephew), Shalini Nandamuri aka Shalini Bhaskar Rao (Sister-in-Law), N. T. Rama Rao Jr. aka Jr. NTR (Nephew) (Actor, Singer, TV Presenter), Lakshmi Pranathi (Niece-in-Law), Nandamuri Abhay Ram (Grand Nephew), Nandamuri Bhargav Ram (Grand Nephew), Kalyan Chakravarthy (Cousin), Nara Chandrababu Naidu (Brother-in-Law) (Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh from September 1995 to May 2004 and June 2014 to May 2019, National President of the Telugu Desam Party), Nara Lokesh (Nephew, Son-in-Law) (Politician, Member of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council, Former Cabinet Minister in the Government of Andhra Pradesh), Daggubati Venkateswara Rao (Brother-in-Law) (Politician), Hitesh Chenchuram (Nephew), Niveditha Purandeswari (Niece), Nandamuri Shanti Mohan (Sister-in-Law), Nandamuri Taraka Ratna (Nephew) (Actor, Nandi Award Winner), Alekhya Reddy (Niece-in-Law), Devarapalli Suryarao (Father-in-Law), Lakshmi Parvathi (Step-Mother) (Writer, Politician), Koteshwara Rao (Step-Brother)
Nandamuri Balakrishna’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nandamuri Balakrishna has dated –
- Vasundhara Devi (1982-Present) – Nandamuri Balakrishna married Vasundhara Devi in December 1982 and they have 3 children together – a son named Mokshagna Teja (Actor) (b. September 6, 1994), and 2 daughters named Brahmani Nandamuri (Business Executive) and Tejaswini Nandamuri. Through Brahmani, he has a grandson named Nara Devaansh.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Slightly overgrown, side-parted hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a thick mustache with a trimmed beard
Nandamuri Balakrishna Facts
- He was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, as his father, a superstar of Telugu cinema was working there at that time. This was because the Telugu film industry was based in Madras (now known as Chennai) at that time.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna had, thus, spent his entire childhood in Madras. During his adolescence, he and his family moved to Hyderabad following the shift of the Telugu film industry to that city.
- After the death of his mother, Basava Rama Tarakam Nandamuri, due to cancer, in 1985, his father established the Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital in Hyderabad in 1986. Nandamuri Balakrishna has served as the chairman of the institution that went on to cure nearly 250,000 patients over the next 3 decades.
- In June 2014, he had become the 3rd member of his family to win an Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly election from the Hindupur constituency. It was once represented by his father and later, for a term, by his brother Nandamuri Harikrishna.
Featured Image by Nandamuri Balakrishna / Instagram