|Brandon Victor Dixon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Brandon Victor Dixon is an American actor, singer, and producer who is best known for his performance as Harpo in the 2005 musical, The Color Purple, and for playing the role of Eubie Blake in the musical, Shuffle Along, or, the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed, in 2016. He has done intensive theatre work and his work in the rock musical, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, also won him a Tony Award in the “Best Revival of a Musical” category as well as a Drama Desk Award in the “Outstanding Revival of a Musical” category in 2014. Brandon has also worked in a variety of other musicals like The Scottsboro Boys, Motown: The Musical, Of Mice and Men, House of Flowers, The Lion King, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shuffle Along, and Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert. Apart from his work as a theatre actor, Brandon Victor Dixon has also appeared in several shows such as Modern Love, Power, The Good Wife, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, One Life to Live, Entertainment Tonight, Today, Fox and Friends, Show People with Paul Wontorek, and CBS This Morning: Saturday. His amazing gifts in the field of acting have also garnered a huge social media fan base for the star with more than 60k followers on Instagram and more than 80k followers on twitter.
Brandon Victor Dixon
Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
He resides in New York City, New York, United States
Brandon Victor Dixon studied in the St. Albans School located in Washington, D.C. Then, he got enrolled at Columbia University from where he graduated in 2003. He also went to the British American Drama Academy at Balliol College, Oxford, England.
Actor, Singer, Producer
- Father – Victor Dixon
- Mother – Lorna Dixon
Brandon Victor Dixon is managed by –
- Shane Kidd
- Erin Grush, Cunningham Escott Slevin & Doherty, Talent Agency, New York, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Receding Hairline
- Broad forehead
- High cheekbones
- Arched eyebrows
Brandon Victor Dixon has either endorsed or promoted several brands such as Fe Noel, Off-White, Nubian Skin, Pyer Moss, MWR Collection, CUSHNIE, Stella Jean Roma, and FEAR OF GOD.
Brandon Victor Dixon grew up in a religious household in the Episcopal Church. There, he studied in a private school and also went to the chapel regularly.
However, over the years, he has become more inclined towards spirituality than religion.
Best Known For
- Winning a Tony Award in the “Best Revival of a Musical” category and Drama Desk Award in the “Outstanding Revival of a Musical” category for the rock musical, Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Brandon served as the producer for the project.
- Having been a part of various musicals like The Color Purple, The Scottsboro Boys, Motown: The Musical, Of Mice and Men, House of Flowers, The Lion King, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Shuffle Along, Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, and Shuffle Along, or, the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed
- Having been cast in several shows like Modern Love, Power, The Good Wife, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and One Life to Live
As a Singer
Brandon released a single titled #WeAre in May 2018. The single also featured Daniel J. Watts. Moreover, Brandon has also performed in a number of musicals such as The Color Purple, The Scottsboro Boys, and Motown: The Musical.
Brandon Victor Dixon made his first feature film appearance as Umthwalo in the drama movie, The Warrior and the Savior, in 2013. The film was premiered at the St. Tropez International Film Festival.
First TV Show
Brandon Victor Dixon made his first TV show appearance as Daryl in an episode of the romantic drama show, One Life to Live, in 2006.
He works out on a regular basis to maintain a healthy physique.
Brandon Victor Dixon Favorite Things
- Shows – Rent, Les Misérables
- Burr Number – Wait for It
Source – Vulture
Brandon Victor Dixon Facts
- A production of the musical, Ragtime, was the first show that he ever saw.
- Just after graduating from Columbia University, Brandon Victor Dixon landed the role of Simba in the national touring company of The Lion King.
- His first breakthrough leading role in a Broadway came in the production of the jukebox musical, Motown: The Musical, in 2013. Brandon was also nominated for a Drama League Award in the “Distinguished Performance” category for his excellent performance.
- When Republican Vice President-elect Mike Pence attended a show of Hamilton in November 2016, Brandon thanked him and then addressed him saying, “We, sir—we—are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights. We truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf of all of us.” Later, President Donald Trump demanded an apology for the “harassment” of Pence although Pence had stated that he was not offended by the statement.
- Brandon Victor Dixon co-founded WalkRunFly Productions with Motown the Musical choreographer Warren Adams in 2013 to support the younger talent in the field of production. The production company also worked on Trial of the Century, a musical based on the famous Lindbergh baby kidnapping that took place in March 1932.
- He has worked with the likes of Leslie Odom, Jr., Christopher Jackson, Ephraim Sykes, Sasha Hutchings, John Legend, Sara Bareilles, Norm Lewis, and Jin Ha.
- His performance as Judas Iscariot in the production of the rock opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, has brought him many critical laurels.
- For his contributions to Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert, Brandon Victor Dixon won a Primetime Emmy Award nomination in the “Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie” category in 2018 as well as a Grammy Award nomination in the “Best Musical Theatre Album” category.
- One of the most remembered performances by Brandon Victor Dixon is the role of Harpo, which was created by him in the musical, The Color Purple, in 2005.
- Visit his official website @ brandonvictordixon.com.
- Follow Brandon Victor Dixon on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Brandon Victor Dixon / Instagram