Harrison Bryce Jordan Barnes
Ames, Iowa, United States
Harrison played high school basketball at Ames High School.
Upon his graduation, Barnes was wanted by several colleges such as Duke, Iowa State, North Carolina, Oklahoma, UCLA, and Kansas. After several visits in each college, Harrison decided to accept the scholarship offered by North Carolina of University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Barnes competed under the coach Roy Williams for two seasons during his freshman and sophomore years. Eventually, after his second year at college was over, Harrison decided not to attend his junior and senior years at the university and entered the 2012 NBA Draft.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Ronnie Harris
- Mother – Shirley Barnes
- Siblings – Jourdan-Ashle Barnes (Sister)
Harrison is signed with Jeff Schwartz.
Small Forward (Can also play as Power Forward)
6 ft 8 in or 203 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harrison Barnes dated –
- Brittany Johnson – Harrison is in a relationship with a girl named, Brittany Johnson (not a gymnast of the same name).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
- Long neck
Harrison Barnes’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46.5 in or 118 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 32.5 in or 83 cm
Harrison has appeared in TV commercials for the Golden State Warriors and Adobe.
Best Known For
Winning the NBA title with the Golden State Warriors in 2015.
First Basketball Match
Harrison played his first official NBA game on October 31, 2012 when as a member of the Golden State Warriors, he faced Phoenix Suns. The Warriors won the game by 2 points with the final result being 87-85.
Barnes was in the starting five for Golden State and for a total of 13:48 minutes he spent on the court, he achieved 6 points along with 3 more rebounds.
- Team player
- Ball handling
- Consistency in his shot
Harrison has not acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Barnes first appeared in the reality TV show Thru the Lens as himself in just one episode in 2015.
There are numerous videos of NBA players working out. We managed to find a few for Barnes too. You can check them out on the following links –
Harrison Barnes Favorite Things
- NBA Players – Bill Bradley, Kevin Johnson
- Magazine – CQ
- Book – Batman
Source – Mavs, GQ
Harrison Barnes Facts
- He played the 2010 McDonald’s All-American Game.
- On January 20, 2010, Barnes was selected to participate in the 2010 Junior National Select Team which competed at the 2010 Nike Hoop Summit on April 10, 2010.
- On March 10, 2010, Barnes achieved the Morgan Wootten Player of the Year Award (Nation’s Top Player Award).
- On the AAU Circuit, Harrison had played for All Iowa Attack and Howard Pulley Panthers (MN).
- Before the NBA Draft, Barnes worked with Charlotte Bobcats, Washington Wizards, Toronto Raptors and Cleveland Cavaliers.
- He was the 7th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft and was selected by the Golden State Warriors.
- Golden State’s former coach Mark Jackson has stated that Barnes is a great lock-down defender who can guard all five positions on the basketball court.
- He was part of the 2012-2013 All-Rookie first team.
- On July 9, 2016, Barnes penned a four-year contract worth 94 million dollars with the Dallas Mavericks.
- Barnes was a teetotaler until 2015. He first tasted alcohol after the 2015 NBA Finals.
- Visit Barnes’s official website @ www.hbarnes40.com.
- Follow Barnes on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.