|Styles P Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1974|
Styles P is an American rapper, author, and entrepreneur who has gained popularity as a member of the hip hop group The Lox. Formed in 1994, the group has released albums such as Living Off Xperience, We Are the Streets, Filthy America… It’s Beautiful, and Money, Power & Respect. Styles P has also worked as a solo artist and has released a number of albums, mixtapes, and songs such as A Gangster and a Gentleman, Master of Ceremonies, Phantom and the Ghost, Float, The World’s Most Hardest MC Project, Dime Bag, Time is Money, A Wise Guy and a Wise Guy, S.P. the GOAT: Ghost of All Time, Ghosting, Presence, Can You Believe It (ft. Akon), Float, G-Host, Styles David: Ghost Your Enthusiasm, Ghost in the Shell, The Ghost in the Machine, The Ghost That Sat by the Door, The Phantom Menace, The Ghost Dub-Dime, The Diamond Life Project, Nickel Bag, Good Times, The Life (ft. Pharaohe Monch), I’m Black (ft. Marsha Ambrosius), Blow Ya Mind (ft. Swizz Beatz), Hater Love, Harsh (ft. Rick Ross and Busta Rhymes), and Gangster, Gangster (ft. Jadakiss and Sheek Louch).
David R. Styles
Styles P, S.P. The Ghost, Holiday Styles, Styles Pinero
Yonkers, New York, United States
Styles P went to Gordon High School.
However, he didn’t complete his high school education at Gordon High School.
He later completed his high school education while serving his jail term.
Rapper, author, entrepreneur
- Mother – His mother was an educator.
- Siblings – Gary Styles (Younger Brother). He also has a younger sister.
Styles P has been managed by Kristi Clifford.
D-Block, Nature Sounds, High Times, E1 Music
His net worth had been $4 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Styles P has dated –
- Karrine Steffans – Styles P and model and author, Karrine Steffans hooked up with each other in the past.
- Adjua Styles – David Styles has been in a relationship with Adjua Styles for a quite long time. In course of their relationship, they have become parents of two children, a daughter named Tai and a son named Noah. They got married well after the birth of their two children. In 2015, Styles and his wife had to endure a very painful tragedy as their daughter Tai committed suicide. In their August 2017 interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, they revealed that their daughter was living away from them. Adjua also revealed that she was going through a breakup, which might have led to the tragic event.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he is of South African origin.
- Often wears a cap or a hat
Styles has appeared in a TV commercial for American clothing and footwear brand, And 1. The advert had him rapping while basketball star Kevin Garnett showed off his skills on the court.
Best Known For
Being a member of the popular hip hop group, The LOX, who are well known for their collaboration with hip hop giants such as Wu-Tang.
In July 2002, Styles P released his debut studio album, A Gangster and a Gentleman. Such was the success of the album that it was certified as gold in October by RIAA.
His first studio album with The LOX was Money, Power & Respect, which was released in January 1998 and managed to sneak up to the #3 spot on the US Billboard 200 charts.
In 2009, Styles made his first film appearance in a minor role in the music drama, Just Another Day.
First TV Show
In 1998, Styles P made his TV show debut as himself in the family music show, All That.
Styles P relies on cycling and calisthenics to keep his fitness up. Although his cycling routine often fluctuates, he tries to cycle as much as possible.
Usually, in the summers, he likes to go cycling almost every day. For his indoor workouts, he performs pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and lifting lightweight. When it comes to nutrition, he is a big fan of juicing and regularly visits juice bars.
Styles P Favorite Things
- Main Rap Influences – Kool G Rap and KRS-One
- Vegetarian Meal – Avocado, rice, and beans or something with broccoli or asparagus
Styles P Facts
- In March 2016, he took on rapper Troy Ave after he had said in his interview that Capital Steez (rapper) was “burning in hell” as he had committed suicide. Styles’ Twitter attack forced Ave to apologize for his comments.
- He has collaborated with his friend and fellow The LOX group member to open a juice bar, Juices For Life in New York City. They initially opened their bars in three locations – the Bronx, the borough of Queens, and in Yonkers.
- He first met his future The LOX group member Sheek Louch, while they were studying in junior high school. However, they didn’t create their hip-hop group, until they were studying at Gordon High School.
- While growing up, he sold drugs but after a prison sentence, he decided to mend his ways.
- In his late teens, he and his groupmates met Mary J. Blige, which served as a turning point in their lives as Blige impressed with their tough street lyrics handed over their demo tape to Sean Diddy Combs.
- Diddy signed up The LOX to the Bad Boy Records and had them collaborating with a slew of big names such as Mariah Carey, Notorious B.I.G., and Mary J. Blige, which served as a huge breakthrough for the group.
- In 2010, he published his debut fiction work, Invincible in collaboration with Random House Publishing Group.
- He is the co-founder of the record label, D-Block Records and has also served as the CEO of the label. He is also credited with signing up artists and groups such as 354 Entertainment and Team Arliss (Animal, St Dot, and Trav) to the label.
- On April 29, 2014, his 7th studio album titled Phantom and the Ghost was released via Phantom Entertainment, New Music Cartel, and Empire Distribution. The album peaked at number #14 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #18 on the US Independent Albums (Billboard) chart, and at number #74 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- He had to cut short the promotion of his album A Gangster & A Gentleman as he was handed 8 months prison sentence for his involvement in a violent altercation.
- He endorsed the 2020 re-election campaign of Donald Trump as well as has publicly denounced Black Lives Matter (BLM).
Featured Image by WillyBoy516NY / Wikipedia / CC BY 3.0