|Busta Rhymes Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1972|
Busta Rhymes is an American rapper, record producer, record executive, and actor. His discography includes several albums and tracks such as When Disaster Strikes…, The Coming, Extinction Level Event: The Final World Front, Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See, Dangerous, The Big Bang, One (ft. Erykah Badu), What’s It Gonna Be?! (ft. Janet Jackson), It Ain’t Safe No More…, Anarchy, Gimme Some More, Fire, Party Is Goin’ On Over Here, Back on My B.S., Genesis, Year Of The Dragon, Extinction Level Event 2: The Wrath of God, I Know What You Want (with Mariah Carey, ft. The Flipmode Squad), Break Ya Neck, Touch It, Where’s Your Money (ft. Ol’ Dirty Bastard), Don’t Touch Me (Throw da Water on ‘Em), Respect My Conglomerate (ft. Jadakiss and Lil Wayne), Thank You (ft. Q-Tip, Kanye West, and Lil Wayne), Get It (ft. Missy Elliott and Kelly Rowland), Where I Belong (ft. Mariah Carey), and Pass the Courvoisier, Part II (ft. P. Diddy and Pharrell). With at least 12 Grammy Award nominations for his work, he became one of the most-nominated artists without winning.
Trevor George Smith, Jr.
Busta Rhymes, Busta Remo, Bus-a-Bus, Trevor Taheim Smith
East Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Busta Rhymes went to Uniondale High School, which is a public school in Nassau County in New York.
Rapper, actor, record producer, record executive
- Father – Trevor Smith, Sr
- Mother – Geraldine Green
- Siblings – Paul Smith (Brother)
Busta Rhymes has been represented by –
- Violator Management & Records, New York, United States
- Starbus LLC, Company, Miami, Florida, United States
Hip-hop, East Coast hip hop, Progressive rap
Vocals, Samplers, Drums
Conglomerate, Epic, Elektra, J Records, Aftermath Entertainment, Interscope, Cash Money, Republic Records, EMPIRE, Violator, Young Money, Universal Motown Records
His net worth had been $20 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Busta Rhymes has dated –
- Karrine Steffans – In her book, video vixen, and model Karrine Steffans claimed that Busta Rhymes had an affair with her. She also went on to make less than complimentary remarks about his performance in the bed.
- Eden Har’el (1998) – He had a fling with Israeli video jockey Eden Har’el in the year 1998.
- Joanne Wood – Busta Rhymes’s more than a decade-long relationship with his former girlfriend Joanne Wood was firmly in the news in 2002 as they entered a custodial battle that would drag on for about half a decade. In course of their relationship, Wood had given birth to his sons. T’Ziah was born in 1993. He was followed by T’Khi in 1999 and Trillian in 2001. In December 2005, a New York City court decided to give Rhymes the custody of their three children as they felt he was a better parent. However, their dispute didn’t end there, as Rhymes was spotted hurling abuse at her in his events. Wood, who had come out as a lesbian, bizarrely claimed that Rhymes hated her so much because she loved women more than him.
- Nicole Richie – Busta Rhymes had an affair with fashion designer, musician, and actor Nicole Richie (the adoptive daughter of Lionel Richie) in the past.
- Chandra Davis (also known as Deelishis) (2006-2007) – Busta Rhymes was reported to be going out with rapper and model Deelishis. It was further claimed that they had grown fond of each other while working on her music album. The duo allegedly started going out in November 2006 but the romance eventually ended after a few months and they parted ways in April 2007.
Note – Busta Rhymes also has one daughter, Mariah, who was born in 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
On both his parents’ sides, he is of Jamaican descent.
- Imposing stature and body
- Often has a short cropped hairdo
Busta Rhymes has appeared in the TV commercials for
- Sci-Fi Channel
- Mountain Dew (2000)
- Miller Lite
- PlayStation Portable
- Toyota’s Swagger Wagon
- Heavenly Seduction
- Dreambody Cuisine
Busta Rhymes follows the Islamic faith.
However, that hasn’t stopped him from falling on the wrong side of the Muslim as well as the Arabic community, including an instance of quoting Shahada in his raps.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most popular and highly rated rap music artists, having won more than 10 Grammy nominations
- The popularity of his studio album, E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event): The Final World Front, which was based on the end of the world narrative
In March 1996, Busta released his debut studio album, The Coming. The album was certified as platinum and went on to reach the 6th spot on the Billboard 200.
In April 1993, Busta made his first theatrical film appearance in a supporting role in the comedy-drama, Who’s the Man? The movie had hip-hop legend, Doctor Dre, in the lead role.
First TV Show
In 1991, he made his TV show debut as himself in the comedy series, In Living Color.
Busta Rhymes is one of the most buff rappers and he maintains it due to his committed workout routine, which mandates that he works in the gym at least 3 times a week. However, even when he is busy with work, he manages to hit the gym 4 days a week.
When he is less busy, he works out 5 to 6 days a week. He loves to lift heavy. He often switches his workouts around to get more out of his body.
The cardio sessions are performed almost daily. However, for cardio, he doesn’t go to the gym or works with his personal trainer Victor Martinez. Instead, he gets it done at his house itself. He doesn’t like running for cardio as it interferes with him getting big. Instead, he prefers to walk or ride the bike. He also occasionally gets cardio done while lifting weights in the gym. He cycles for around 10 minutes in between two weight lifting exercises.
When it comes to diet, he eats about 4500 calories per day. The focus is on eating tons of protein. If he has to consume carbs, he eats a sweet potato or handful of rice. Generally, he eats bison meat, turkey burger meat, sautéed asparagus, steamed broccoli, sautéed spinach, salmon, tilapia, and sometimes a steak.
Overall, he has three big meals, all back to back. He follows it up with three protein-rich shakes. Also, all through the day, he drinks about a gallon of water.
Busta Rhymes Facts
- In August 2015, he was arrested and charged with an assault after he threw his strawberry protein shake on a gym employee in Steel Gym in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City.
- In August 2006, Busta Rhymes was charged with third-degree assault after he was arrested for assaulting a man, who reportedly spat on his car at the AmsterJam Music Festival on Randall’s Island in New York City.
- In October 2009, he was ordered by a court to pay an unidentified individual $75,000 in compensation for having assaulted him at a concert in 2003.
- He was given his stage nickname ‘Busta Rhymes’ by Chuck D of Public Enemy and was inspired by star NFL player George “Buster” Rhymes.
- In 2000, he managed to claim the Guinness World Record for spitting most syllables in a second while performing a freestyle rap.
- He has established his record label Conglomerate (which was initially called Flipmode Entertainment). He also started his own production crew named, “The Conglomerate”, which was earlier called Flipmode Squad.
- In 2012, The Source magazine included him in their list featuring “Top 50 Lyricists of All Time”.
- In December 1998, he was arrested and charged with criminal possession as they found an unregistered and loaded pistol in his car.
- He was dragged to the court by his former driver Edward Hatchett for having assaulted him twice. The source of the dispute was “back pay” that Hatchett felt Rhymes owed him.
- In 2016, a campaign was started to officially name a small, uninhabited lake island in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts as Busta Rhymes Island. However, the formal proposal was turned down as the geographical places can’t be named after living people.
- In March 2008, a New York City court slapped him with three years of probation, 10 days of community service, and was asked to enroll in the mandatory drunken driving program.
Featured Image by Mikamote / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0