Andre Romelle Young
Dre, Dr. Dre
Compton, California, U.S.
Dr. Dre went to Vanguard Junior High School, but because of his violent behavior, he was moved to Roosevelt Junior High School.
Andre also attended Centennial High School and Fremont High School in South Carolina, Los Angeles.
He hasn’t been a part of any college program, and he hasn’t achieved any University degree.
Record producer, rapper, songwriter, entrepreneur
- Father – Theodore Young
- Mother – Verna Young
- Siblings – Jerome Crayon (Step Brother), Tyree Crayon (Step Brother), Warren G (Step Brother) (Rapper), Shameka Crayon (Step Sister)
- Other- Warren Griffin (Stepfather)
Doctor Dre has been signed to Interscope Records since 1992.
Hip hop / Rap
Vocals, synthesizer, drums, sampler, turntables, pro tools, keyboards
Kru-Cut Records (1984-1986), Ruthless Records (1986-1991), Priority Records (1988-1991), Death Row Records (1991-1996), Interscope Records (1992-Present), Aftermath Entertainment (1996-Present)
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
238 lbs or 108 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andre dated –
- Cassandra Joy Green (1980–1983) – Doctor Dre started dating Cassandra back in 1980. The couple stayed together for almost 3 years before they split up in 1983. Andre and Green have one son Curtis, who is also a rapper and he’s known by the nickname “Hood Surgeon.”
- Jenita Porter (1987-1988) – Dre started dating Jenita back in 1987 and briefly after that they parted ways in 1988. They have one son named Andre, born on August 23, 1988.
- Michel’le Toussaint (1990-1996) – Back in 1990, Dr. Dre started dating an American singer Michel’le Toussaint. They had been in a relationship for 6 years, but eventually they broke up in 1996. Dre has one son with Michel’le, and his name is Marcel (born 1991).
- Nicole Young (1996-Present) – Dre is married to Nicole, who is the ex-wife of the NBA player Sedale Threatt. They both started dating back in 1996, and briefly after that, in May, they got married. Andre has two children with Nicole, one daughter Truly (born in 2011) and one son Truth (born in 1997).
Race / Ethnicity
- Unique music style
- Great texts
- Great athletic body
- Big mouth and shiny smile
- His work ethic
Dre’s body specifications like chest, arms and waist measurements aren’t known.
His shoe size is 10.5 (US) or 44.5 (EU) or 9.5 (UK).
He has appeared in TV commercials for Coors Light (2002), Dr Pepper (2009), St. Ides, Chrysler 300S, and others.
Best Known For
He is being considered as one of the best hip-hop producers and rappers of all time.
Also, he is responsible for popularizing of the West Coast – G-Funk. Dre was ranked second richest hip hop rapper and producer on the Forbes list in 2014.
His first album was The Chronic and it was released in 1992.
For the first time, Dre appeared in a movie scene back in 1996 in the movie Set it Off where he played the character of Black Sam. It was a minor role.
Dr. Dre’s workout consists of both body weight and free weight exercises. He said that combining different types of trainings and exercises helped him to get to this point, where he looks like a monster in each and every shirt. Let’s mention the exercises that Dr. Dre implements in his body training.
Squats – Dre said that he loves doing squats because it activates all muscles of his body, and also because it’s especially good for developing massive legs.
“I love great sculpted legs”
– said Doctor Dre in one of his interviews given to Bodybuilding.com
Deadlift – Deadlift is the second exercise that Dre does when he works his Back.
It’s no wonder why he has back like a big mountain, the deadlifts are the real deal.
Pull-ups – There’s no better exercise for the upper body than the well known Pull-ups.
Actually, Dre does weighted pull-ups because he’s an advanced level trainee.
Weighted Dips – Beside weighted pull-ups, Dr. Dre does weighted dips too.
By doing weighted dips, Dre targets the Shoulders, Triceps and Chest.
Biceps Curl – Dre does Biceps curls on a regular basis, that’s why his guns (arms) are always in great shape.
Bench Press – Andre is known for his big upper body, and the chest is one of the best developed body parts of his body. The reason for that lies in doing lots of bench press training with lower reps and higher amount of weight on the barbell.
Andre suggests that these exercises should be implemented in each and every muscle building program because that will provide the best possible results. Repetitions and series depends upon you, but it is suggested that each exercise should be done for no more than 4 sets of 6 to 12 repetitions.
Dr. Dre Favorite Things
- Rappers – Jay-Z
Source – Hiphop-n-more
Dr. Dre Facts
- Dre got his middle name Romelle, from the band, his father Theodore was a part of.
- His mother, Verna remarried several times.
- Verna was a part of the music group the Four Aces.
- In 1984, after he received music mixer for his birthday, he turned his house into a music studio.
- His work ethic is considered as sickening.
- He has his own label Aftermath Entertainment.
- In 1991, Andre faced assault charges for attacking the TV host Denise Barnes.
- In 1992, Dre faced one more assault charge because he attacked the producer Damon Thomas.
- In 1995, he remained in jail for couple of months because of some law breaking charges against him.
- Dre won an MTV Music Video Award in 1995 for the song Keep Their Heads Ringin.
- Dre didn’t meet his first son Curtis until Curtis was 20 years old.
- In 2001, Dre discovered the underground MC, and the well known rapper Eminem.
- He created his music company Beats By Dre.
- He was ranked at number 7 on the VH1’s greatest 50 Hip-Hop Artists of all time.
- In 2014, he became an employee of Apple Inc.
- His son Andre Romelle Young Junior passed away in 2008.
- You can check his official WEBSITE.
- You can follow Dr. Dre on his profiles on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, and MySpace.