|Warren G Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1970|
Warren G started his music career in the early 90s after being encouraged by his stepbrother, Dr. Dre, who also served as his tutor. He also got his breakthrough via his brother’s connections as he was given an opportunity to produce the song for movie, Poetic Justice. The song, Indo Smoke, proved to be his breakthrough and he got a record deal from Def Jam Recordings. He cemented his status as the next big rap star with the release of his studio album, which was a huge commercial success. Although he has earned critical acclaim late in his career, he has been unable to replicate the commercial success of his early albums.
Warren Griffin III
Long Beach, California, United States
Long Beach, California, United States
The information about Warren G’s formal education isn’t available.
Rapper, Songwriter, Record Producer, DJ
- Father – Warren Griffin, Jr.
- Mother – Ola Griffin
- Siblings – He has 3 sisters.
- Others – Dr. Dre (Stepbrother) (Rapper, Record Producer, Entrepreneur)
Warren G can be reached through G-Funk Productions, Inc.
Hip Hop, G-Funk
Violator Management, Def Jam Recordings, Restless Records, Universal Records, TVT Records, G-Funk Entertainment
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
82 kg or 180.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Warren Griffin has dated –
- Tennille Griffin – Warren Griffin is married to a woman named Tennille. Over the course of their marriage, Tennille has given birth to 4 children. His son Olaijah plays on the USC Trojans football team.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Tall Height
- Bald Head
Warren Griffin hasn’t endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the hip hop trio, 213, which counted Nate Dogg and Snoop Dogg as the other members
- The commercial success of his studio album, Take a Look Over Your Shoulder, which managed to sell over 500,000 units in the United States
In June 1994, he released his debut studio album, Regulate…G Funk Era. The album was a huge hit and was certified as triple platinum by RIAA.
Along with the trio, 213, his debut album, The Hard Way, was released in August 2004 which managed to reach as high as the 4th spot in US Billboard 200.
In 1995, he made his theatrical film debut in the hip hop documentary movie, The Show.
First TV Show
In January 1995, Warren Griffin made his first TV show appearance in the comedy talk show, Late Show with David Letterman.
Warren G Facts
- After his parents got divorced when he was only 4 years old, he spent most of his childhood living in East Long Beach with his mother and 3 sisters.
- When he turned 12, he moved to North Long Beach to live with his father and stepmother.
- He met Snoop Dogg in his teens through Snoop’s cousin Nate Dogg, who had been Warren’s friend for a long time.
- Warren G became a member of the notorious criminal gang called Crips at the age of 17. He also had to serve a short jail sentence on the charges related to gun possession.
- After he was released from the jail, he was taught music production by his stepbrother Dr. Dre, who also encouraged him to take up music as a career.
- After graduating from high school, he started drug dealing for some additional income.
- In 1988, he was again arrested by the authorities. This time he had to serve prison time on drug dealing charges.
- After his release from the jail, he started working at the shipyard while also continuing to work on his music production skills.
- In 1993, he was introduced to the director and screenwriter, John Singleton, by Dr. Dre. Singleton asked Warren to produce a song for his movie Poetic Justice. Warren produced Indo Smoke and rapped along with Nate Dogg and Mista Grimm in the song.
- The popularity of Indo Smoke helped him earn a recording deal from Def Jam Recordings while he continued to work with Nate Dogg.
- In August 2005, the Mayor of Long Beach, California decided to dedicate the first week of the month as the Warren G Week in recognition of the work he had done for the community.
- Visit his official website @ warreng.com.
- Follow Warren G on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Ksenija Dumic / Instagram