|Soo Joo Park Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1986|
Soo Joo Park is a Korean-American model, actor, and DJ who is best known for walking the ramp for several brands such as Chanel, Tom Ford, DSquared2, and Moschino. She has also modeled for many top designers like Barbara Bui, Oscar de la Renta, and Fausto Puglisi. She is also very popularly known for being selected to be a spokesmodel for L’Oréal and Chanel worldwide. Park is also known for being cast in Netflix‘s popular series Sense8 (2017-2018). has a huge fan base with more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Soo Joo Park
Seoul, South Korea
New York City, New York, United States
Soo Joo Park attained a Degree in Architecture from the University of California, Berkeley.
Model, DJ, Actor
- Siblings – She has an older brother.
Park is represented by –
- ESteem Models – Seoul (Mother Agency)
- Women Management – New York
- IMG Models – Paris
- IMG Models – Sydney
- Storm Model Management – London
- Nomad Management – Miami Beach
- Monster Management – Milan
- Nomad Management – Los Angeles
- Nomad Management – New York
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Soo Joo Park has dated –
- Jack Waterlot (2017-Present) – Professional photographer Jack Waterlot and Soo Joo Park started dating in early 2017. The duo dated one another for a year before getting engaged to each other in January 2018 while on a trip to the Bahamas to celebrate their 1 year anniversary. However, in November 2018 an article posted by Allkpop suggested that the two may have split due to trust issues. According to them, Soo had uploaded a picture with the caption “2 years I gave you and I still couldn’t trust you, F*ck you Boy bye”. Later, the image was removed from her account. Furthermore, the duo has not come forth to clarify the spreading news.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Korean ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair “platinum blonde”.
Bleached hair and eyebrows
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
Park has done endorsement work for many brands like Moschino, Balmain, L’Oreal, Mimco, DKNY, Neiman Marcus, Tom Ford, United Colors of Benetton, Chanel, BCBGeneration, H&M, Philipp Plein, Redken, Michael Kors, Bulgari, Jean Paul Gaultier, Juun.J, Neiman Marcus, MAC, GAP, and many more.
Best Known For
- Walking the ramp for several high-end brands such as Chanel, Tom Ford, Moschino, Max Mara, and Loewe
- Modeling for many top designers like Michael Kors, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Barbara Bui
- Being chosen as the global ambassador for Chanel and L’Oreal
- Starring as Sutra in Netflix‘s Sense8 (2017-2018)
- Gracing the cover of several highly regarded magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue, Numero, and Manifesto Asia
First Fashion Week
She debuted at the Ready to wear – Autumn/Winter 2013 fashion week. Park walked for Chanel, Fendi, Just Cavalli, and Tom Ford.
First TV Show
Soo Joo Park made her debut TV show appearance on the mini-series Alpha Girls in 2014.
Park’s beauty routine mostly consists of taking care of hair. She washes her hair at least 2 to 3 times a per week and applies a Redken Extreme Primer mixed with biotin. Then, she lathers a deep conditioner into hair and keeps it on for almost 10-15 minutes.
She also prefers to pamper her skin once in every 2 to 3 weeks with a refreshing facial from a spot in Chinatown.
Her beauty diet mostly consists of a kale salad with raisins, feta cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, and chicken breast.
In early 2016, she started attending Barry’s Bootcamp. She would also attend SLT (Strengthen-Lengthen-Tone) classes and also joined the Mile High Run Club. All these offer strenuous cardio workout routines that are more effective than everyday gym routines. She goes to the gym to workout 3 times a week.
As for her diet, she likes to mix up her meals with green vegetables and meat such as chicken. She also enjoys eating homemade nutrition bars that consist of fruits such as quinoa, dried cranberries, and nuts like hemp seeds and cashews with agave syrup. She also enjoys eating a Snicker every now and then.
Soo Joo Park Favorite Things
- TV Show – Broad City
- Hair Stylist – Dhaniel Doud at Redken
- Korean Beauty Products – Banila B Clean It Zero, Son and Park Beauty Water, Vidi Vici Air Cushion Compact, and Innisfree Canola Honey Serum
- Things To Do To Relax – Stay at a beach house, go to the Surf Lodge in Montauk, or relax at home and binge watch movies and shows on Netflix or Seamless
- Architects – Mies van der Rohe, Herzog and de Meuron, Tadao Ando and Rem Koolhaas
- Neighborhood – Hannam-dong
- Places To Shop – Doota in Dongdaemun, Hannam and Kyung Ri Dan, Shinsegye, Corso Como, A Land
- Korean Designers – Fleamadonna and Steve J & Yoni P, Miss Gee
- Korean Music Artist – G-Dragon
- Museums In Korea – Daelim Museum, D Museum
- Places To Eat – Dadam in Cheongdam, Hideout Seoul in Itaewon, West Corner near Kyeongbok Palace
- Korean Delivery Service – Superjip
- Animated Character – Doremon
- Avenger – Black Panther
- Flower – Hyacinths
- Bar To Hang Out In Korea – Trance in Itaewon
- Places To Stay At – Park Hyatt, Shilla Hotel
- Snack – Avocado or Taleggio cheese on bread
- Actress – Maggie Cheung
- Place To Visit In 2015 – Tulum in Mexico
Source – W Magazine, LifeandTimes.com, Buro247.sg, W Magazine, The Fashion Spot
Soo Joo Park Facts
- She was born in South Korea but raised in America.
- Soo Joo was 10 years old when she went on a 1-year-student-visa to live with her grandparents in America. They raised her alongside her cousins in Southern California.
- As a child, she was a huge fan of American rock musician James Iha.
- In order to avoid being typecast as an Asian model, she started dying her hair platinum blonde. After that, her modeling career kick-started.
- At first, many modeling agencies refused to sign Soo due to her stereotypical looks.
- The reason why Soo left South Korea was that she wanted to experience a whole new culture.
- Soo’s first paid job was as a tutor for which she would charge $15 per hour. At that time, she was in high school.
- Her first part-time job was in college where she worked at the architecture slide library. However, she found the work quite monotonous.
- She developed a knack for fashion at a very early age and would spend her time dressing up her Barbie dolls.
- Soo enjoys eating Mediterranean food as she finds it to be healthy.
- While getting ready, she likes to listen to various songs such as Controlla by Drake (2016), Dangerous Woman (2016) by Ariana Grande, and Rihanna‘s album ANTI (2016).
- Her go to get fragrance is Chanel No. 5.
- Soo looks up to American singer-songwriter Debbie Harry, American actress Donna Jordan, and model China Machado as her beauty icons.
- When she’s not working, she enjoys relaxing on her bed in her pajamas while watching movies and eating a whole lot of comfort food.
- Prior to becoming a model, she worked as a graphic designer in a web company.
- Soo was discovered while she was shopping at a vintage store.
- She solely admires French fashion editor Carine Roitfeld.
- When she leaves the house, she prefers to have her phone, keys, and wallet with her at all times.
- In 2013, during an interview with The Cut, she spoke about having her own band and that she wanted to learn to play an instrument.
- She claimed the title as the first Asian-American model to be a global ambassador of L’Oréal Paris in 2015.
- In 2016, during an interview, Soo stated that she started modeling 5 and a half years ago.
- In 2018, Allure‘s editor-in-chief Michelle Lee stated that Soo Joo Park had been the first model with Asian background to grace the cover since the year 2000.
- She is said to be a look-alike of the animated character Mirage in The Incredibles (2004).
- In the past, she was listed on models.com‘s Top 50 Models list as well as The Hot List.
- In February 2019, Soo was featured in The Money Girls list by models.com.
- In 2020, she was featured in Vogue Italia‘s “September Issue”.
- In 2022, Soo Joo was named an “Industry Icon” by Models.com.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Soo Joo / Instagram