|Joshua Malina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1966|
Joshua Malina is an American film and stage actor known for his portrayal of Will Bailey in The West Wing, Jeremy Goodwin in Sports Night, US Attorney General David Rosen in Scandal, and Caltech President Siebert in The Big Bang Theory.
Joshua Charles Malina
New York City, New York, United States
Malibu, California, United States
Joshua studied at Westchester Day School. Then, he went on to complete his high school at Horace Mann School, Riverdale. Later, Joshua attained his Bachelor of Arts in Theater from Yale University in 1988.
- Father – Fran Malina (Founding Member of Young Israel of Scarsdale in New Rochelle, Attorney, Investment Banker, Broadway Producer)
- Mother – Robert Malina (Founding Member of Young Israel of Scarsdale in New Rochelle)
- Siblings – Toby Malina (Brother)
- Others – Willie Malina (Paternal Grandfather), Jean/Jenney Kutlowitz (Paternal Grandmother), Herman Michaels (Maternal Grandfather), Mathilda “Tillie” Scherr (Maternal Grandmother)
Joshua is represented by Frontline Entertainment Agency and The Kohner Agency.
Joshua Malina’s net worth was $5 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joshua has dated –
- Melissa Merwin (1992-Present) – Costume designer Melissa Merwin and Joshua met one another for the first time in 1992, through her sister Jenny. The couple tied the knot in 1996, and they have two children named Isabel Malina and Avi Malina. His wife Melissa converted to Judaism in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Joshua has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- He sports a pair of rectangular reading glasses.
Joshua has appeared in commercials for several brands such as Cura Foundation.
Joshua Malina Facts
- He was brought up in New Rochelle, Westchester County, New York.
- Malina can fluently speak English, French, Hebrew, and Portuguese.
- His last name Malina sounds Latino, however, his name in Czech means raspberry.
- While at Yale University, Joshua was a part of The Spizzwinks, which was a cappella group. Fellow actor Noah Emmerich was also part of the group.
- Joshua made his Broadway debut in Aaron Sorkin’s A Few Good Men.
- He was cast in his first TV show as Mike in Family Album, U.S.A in 1991. Later, in 1992, Joshua made his debut theatrical film appearance as Tom in A Few Good Men alongside the likes of actors Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, and Demi Moore.
- Joshua appeared in the first-ever national television advertising campaign in support of donations for Jewish federations in 2004. Other celebrities included Greg Grunberg, Marlee Matlin, Kevin Weisman, and Jonathan Silverman.
Featured Image By Joshua Malina / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0