|Tom Brady Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1977|
Tom Brady is an American former football quarterback who is regarded as the greatest quarterback of all time by a number of sports enthusiasts for his numerous achievements and records. For the first 20 seasons of his career, he was a part of the New England Patriots and played in 9 Super Bowls while winning 6 of them. The celebrated player has won a record 5 Super Bowl MVP awards as well as 3 NFL MVP awards and became the first quarterback to reach 200 regular-season wins. Moreover, he has also held the record for all-time career touchdown passes and career pass attempts. It was alleged in the year 2015 that Brady was involved in the Deflategate football-tampering scandal and was suspended for the first 4 games of the 2016 season.
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr.
Tom Terrific, California Cool, “GOAT”, TB12
San Mateo, California, United States
Tom Brady went to the Junípero Serra High School in San Mateo. He graduated from high school in 1995 at the iconic St. Mary’s Cathedral.
He started his formal football education at the football camp organized by the College of San Mateo.
To get himself a head start in getting selected by varsity coaches, he made highlight tapes and sent them to universities, he was interested in. He was subsequently selected by the University of Michigan after impressing Michigan assistant Bill Harris.
Former Professional American Football Player
- Father – Thomas Brady, Sr.
- Mother – Galynn Patricia (née Johnson)
- Siblings – Nancy Brady (Older Sister), Julie Brady (Older Sister), Maureen Brady (Sister)
Tom Brady is represented by Will McDonough.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
102 kg or 225 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Brady has dated –
- Britney Spears (2002) – Tom Brady allegedly went for a couple of dates with singer Britney Spears in 2002. They were pictured out and about by the press but neither of them ever confirmed their relationship.
- Layla Roberts (July 2002) – Tom had a very short-lived fling with the busty model Layla Roberts, who was named Playboy’s Playmate of the year 1997.
- Tara Reid (September 2002 – October 2002) – Actress Tara Reid publicly expressed her interest in going out with Tom in April 2002. Tom subsequently decided to give it a try and they dated for around one month before he decided in October 2002 that it wasn’t something he wanted to pursue.
- Bridget Moynahan (2004-2006) – Tom started going out with actress Bridget after having met at a mutual friend’s party. They went out for two years before calling quits by the end of 2006. However, by the time they decided to separate, Bridget was three months pregnant with Brady’s child. To his credit, Tom was there for the birth of his son, who was named John Edward Thomas Moynahan (b. August 2007).
- Ivanka Trump (2004) – It was RUMORed in 2004 that he had an encounter with Ivanka Trump, the daughter of Donald Trump.
- Meghan Vasconcellos (2006) – He had a fling with the New England Patriots cheerleader Meghan Vasconcellos in the year 2006.
- Gisele Bündchen (2006-2022) – Brady met his wife Gisele on a blind date. Although Gisele knew at the first date that Brady was the one for her, she thought about leaving him after finding that his ex was pregnant with his child. However, they managed to sail past a stormy start and got married in February 2009 in a small Catholic ceremony. Their son Benjamin was born in 2009 and their daughter Vivian Lake Brady was born in December 2012. In September 2022, it was reported that their marriage was in trouble and they weren’t living together. In October 2022, the couple confirmed that they had separated and had finalized their divorce after 13 years of marriage.
- Irina Shayk (2023) – In July 2023, Tom was rumored to be dating model Irina Shayk after they were seen together in Los Angeles. They were again spotted together on a sushi date in New York City in August 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he is of Irish descent whereas he has Swedish, Polish, German, and Norwegian ancestry on his mom’s side.
- Tall and muscular stature
- Blue eyes
Tom Brady has signed endorsement deals with leading brands such as Under Armour, Ugg, Movado Watches, and Glaceau Smartwater.
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest quarterbacks
- Involvement in the deflategate controversy
As an actor, his first appearance in a film came in the comedy flick Stuck on You in 2003 as Computer Geek #1.
First TV Show
Tom’s first appeared in the animated show Family Guy in 2006 as Tom Brady in a single episode.
Tom Brady is a big fan of the muscle pliability concept. Basically, he believes that the muscles should be kept long and soft to get the best results in any sport. So, due to this reason, he abstains from lifting too much weight. Instead, he opts to focus on doing what he has to do on the field and that is dropping and throwing.
He also follows a bit weird diet plan, which received some stern criticism from experts including Men’s Health magazine in an article by a Ph.D. nutritionist. Basically, he avoids eating fruits, tomatoes, eggplant, white flour, white sugar, and iodized salt.
Tom Brady Favorite Things
- Food – Pancakes
- Music – What’s up (By 4 Non Blondes)
Tom Brady Facts
- In high school, Tom Brady was an excellent baseball player and excelled as a left-handed hitting catcher.
- He was drafted by Montreal Expos in the 18th round of the 1995 MLB Draft. But, he decided to focus on football.
- He was named as one of People Magazine‘s “50 Most Beautiful People” in 2002.
- During his time with New England Patriots (until 2016), he led his team to six trips to the Super Bowl, winning four titles. This is a record for a quarterback.
- By the time he finished high school, he had won All-Far West and All-State honors for his performances on the field along with being his team’s most valuable player.
- In 2012, his high school decided to name the school football stadium the Brady Family Stadium.
- In 2003, he was named in the Junipero Serra High School Hall of Fame for his immense achievements on the field.
- In 2010, he achieved the distinction of being the only player to be unanimously selected as MVP since 1986.
- In the 2010 season, he created the record for completing the most consecutive passes without an interception by completing 358 passes.
- Brady holds the record for being the first quarterback to reach 50 touchdowns with his throws in a single season.
- As a starting quarterback, he has won the most number of playoff games (22) and also holds the record for winning the most number of consecutive matches (10).
- Overall in the playoff games, he holds the record for most passing yards (7,957) and most passes attempted (1,085) and completed (683).
- In 2007, he helped Patriots to the first undefeated regular season in their history since the season format was changed to include 16 games.
- He has been longtime friends with Donald Trump but did not join the New England Patriots in visiting Trump and the White House in April 2017 after their Super Bowl victory, citing “personal family matters”.
- He holds the record for the best touchdown to interception ratio (9:1) for any player who has played the complete season.
- Tom is frequently called as GOAT – Greatest Of All Time.
- In November 2020, after his team, Tampa Bay Buccaneers lost the match against Los Angeles Rams with a 24-27 score, he didn’t shake his hands with the Rams quarterback, Jared Goff. It is a tradition that after the match, the quarterback of the opposing teams shakes their hands to show respect towards each other. Because of this, he was trending for hours on Twitter.
- In December 2020, he purchased a custom 40-plus-foot boat named “Viva a Vida” for a couple of million dollars. He received the delivery of the boat at St. Petersburg’s marina.
- In December 2020, a homeless man named Zanini Cineus broke into Tom and Gisele’s house and was later arrested under multiple criminal charges.
- Tom Brady was the 8th most-searched person of 2020 in the United States on the Google search engine.
- Tom was the 2nd most-searched athlete of 2020 in the U.S. on Google.
- In January 2021, Tom and Gisele sold their New York City apartment in the Tribeca neighborhood for $36.8 million to a New Haven, Connecticut-based trust which had a huge 1900-square-foot outdoor terrace.
- Tom’s parents were tested positive for COVID-19 in September 2020. After being hospitalized for a few weeks, they recovered from the virus.
- Tom Brady played his 10th Super Bowl event in February 2021. He was 43 at that time. His team Tampa Bay Buccaneers had won the match from Kansas City Chiefs by 31-9. Tom had received the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award.
- Tom’s Super Bowl 2021 base salary was reported to be $15 million with $10 million as a roster bonus, taking the total salary to $25 million. He was also given $500,000 extra for winning the Super Bowl 2021 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
- In February 2021, Tom had contracted the coronavirus and had later tested positive for COVID-19.
- In September 2021, it was revealed that Tom had received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- In January 2022, Tom announced his retirement from football after almost 22 seasons in the NFL. However, in March 2022, it was revealed that he was no longer retiring and would be coming back for another season with Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Tom Brady was the fourth-most searched celebrity of 2022 on Google. Amber Heard had topped the list.
- In January 2023, it was reported that Tom had lost almost 15 pounds after finalizing his divorce with Gisele Bundchen.
- In February 2023, Tom announced on social media that he was retiring.
- In March 2023, Tom became a minority owner of the WNBA team, Las Vegas Aces.
- In May 2023, it was revealed that he was planning to become a minority owner of the football team, Las Vegas Raiders.
- In 2023, Tom became the minority owner of the English club Birmingham City FC. He signed a deal with Knighthead Capital Management LLC which was the holding company of Birmingham City.