Gisele Caroline Bündchen
Gise, The Body, The Midas Queen, The Hurricane Gisele, La Bundchen
Horizontina, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Like other Brazilian models, she also didn’t pay much attention to study. She just learned German language but has not kept up with. Instead in 1993 (when she was 13), she joined a modeling course with 2 of her sisters. Like Adriana Lima, Gisele Bündchen was discovered in a shopping mall. But, Gisele was discovered by Elite Modeling Agency. From there, her modeling career started and went rapidly.
Fashion / Runway Model and occasional actress
- Father – Valdir Bündchen (University Teacher and Writer)
- Mother – Vânia Nonnenmacher (Bank Clerk Pensioner)
- Siblings – Raquel (Sister), Graziela (Sister), Gabriela (Sister), Rafaela (Sister), Patrícia (Younger Fraternal Twin Sister)
- Option Model Agency – Zurich
- Model Management – Hamburg
- 2pm Model Management – Copenhagen
- IMG Models – New York
- IMG Models – London
- IMG Models – Milan
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Gisele Bündchen dated –
- Joao Paulo Diniz (1999-2000) – Gisele Bündchen once dated businessman Joao Paulo Diniz from 1999 to 2000. Actually, Gisele was featured on the cover page of Vogue magazine for 3 consecutive months from November 1999 to January 2000. She had also won the VH1 “Vogue Model of the Year Award 1999”.
- Leonardo DiCaprio (2000-2005) – American Actor Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele were in a relationship from 2000 until 2005. This was ON again-OFF again kind of relationship. Hence in 2005, the relationship ended as Gisele eventually got tired off with Leonardo’s party boy habits. In 2004, Bündchen and DiCaprio also made People magazine’s Annual most Beautiful Couple List.
- Kelly Slater (2005-2006) – Gisele Bündchen had a fling with American professional surfer Kelly (Don’t worry! Kelly is a man) from 2005 till early 2006.
- Chris Evans (2006) – Supermodel Gisele Bündchen and American actor Chris Evans (best known for his role as Johnny Storm / Human Torch in Fantastic Four) dated for a short time in 2006.
- Tom Brady (December 2006-February 2009) – NFL superstar Tom Brady dated Bündchen from December 2006 till February 2009 because in February they got married.
Gisele Bündchen married American football quarterback for New England Patriots Tom Brady, whom she was dating from December 2006. The couple tied the knot on February 26, 2009, in a small Catholic ceremony at St. Monica Catholic Church in Santa Monica, California, USA.
A month later, the couple remarried on April 5, 2009, in a larger ceremony in Costa Rica, USA. The couple has 2 children – son Benjamin Rein Brady (b. December 8, 2009) and daughter Vivian Lake (b. December 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry due to her parents.
- Tall stature
- Beautiful hair
35-23-35 in or 89-58.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
1-2-3, Alexander McQueen, Alphorria, American Express, Andréa Saletto, Apple Computer, Aquascutum, Atelier Versace, Balenciaga, Bebe, Blackglama, Bvlgari, C&A, Cacharel, Cacharel ‘Liberté’ fragrance, Caderbras & Risqué-Niase, Calzedonia, Carolina Herrera bridal collection, Celine, Chloé, Christian Dior, Cia Marítima, Colcci, Cori, Credicard, Dakota, Daslu, Disney Parks, Dolce & Gabbana, DSquared2, Earl Jeans, Ebel, El Corte Inglés, Esprit, Exposição, Fabricatto, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, Gianfranco Ferré, Forum, Fruit, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Giz, Gloria Vanderbilt jeans, Got milk?, Guerlain, H&M, Indivi, Intelig, Ipanema, Isabel Marant, Jasmine Bridal Wear, Jean Paul Gaultier, Joop!, Joop! Jeans, Karl Lagerfeld, Krishna, L’Oréal, Lancôme, Lanvin ‘Oxygène’ & ‘Oxygène Homme’ fragrances, Lenny, Les Filós, Lita Molinari, Loewe, Louis Vuitton, London Fog, Lux, Lycra, M. Officer, Max Factor, Melissa, Mercearia & Oppidum, Mervyn’s, Michael Kors, Milady, Milk, Missoni, More Majorum, Multiplan, Nivea, Nocturna, Otto, Pantene, Patachou, Polo Jeans Co, Polo Ralph Lauren, Pop Love, Phuket, Ralph Lauren, Red, Rede Shopping Multiplan, Renner, Roberto Cavalli, Robyn, Rossel, Stefanel, Stiefelkonig, St. John, Strenesse, Suflair, Triton, Triumph, True Religion, Tug, Vakko, Valentino, Valentino Couture, Valirese & Liz, Vero Moda, Versace,Versace Jeans, Victoria’s Secret, Victoria’s Secret ‘Breathless’, Dream Angels Divine, Dream Angels Halo, Dream Angels Heavenly, Pink, Very sexy for her, Very sexy for her2, Very sexy for him & Very sexy for him2 fragrances, Vivara Jewelry, Vivo, Vogue Eyewear, Yves Saint Laurent, Zara, Zoomp
Best Known For
Being World’s highest-paid model in the world, according to a survey by Forbes magazine in the year 2012. She earned $45 million from May 2011 to May 2012.
First Fashion Show
Gisele debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1997 Fashion Show where she walked the ramp for Alexander McQueen, Emporio Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, and Giorgio Armani.
2004 American film Taxi (Taxi is a remake of 1998 film of the same name) for her role as Vanessa (the bank robbers’ leader). Bündchen also played a minor role in the 2006 comedy film The Devil Wears Prada.
First TV Show
In 1999, Gisele presented the MTV Music Video Awards 1999. Though, she has also appeared in the Late Show with David Letterman (60 minutes comedy and talk show) on November 20, 2000.
Gisele Bündchen does martial arts, particularly, Tai Chi and Kung Fu. Yao Li is her martial arts guru from Boston Kung Fu Tai Chi Institute. Besides this, she also does her all-time favorite workout – Anusara Yoga.
She is athletic from childhood. She grew up playing volleyball, gymnastics, cycling and other extracurricular activities.
Gisele Bündchen Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Cheeseburger, Meat, Coco Juice
- Favorite Eye Product – Dr. Alkaitis Organic Eye Creme, Benefit Miss Popularity (Highlighter), Max Factor 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper (for Eyelashes)
- Favorite Workout – Anusara Yoga
- Favorite Hair Product – Kerastase’s Greenline
- Favorite Lips Product – La Mer Lip Balm
- Favorite Beauty Products – Cle De Peau La Creme (to keep the skin hydrated), The Multiple by NARS (to give a peachy and dewy look)
- Favorite Perfume – Dolce & Gabbana The One
- Favorite People – Lauren Hutton (American Model and Actress)
Gisele Bündchen Facts
- Gisele Bündchen is the first Brazilian model to find international success.
- In 2000, Gisele was dubbed “Boobs from Brazil” to inspire the 36,000 breast enhancement surgeries performed that year in Brazil.
- She has 5 sisters – Raquel, Graziela, Gabriela, Rafaela and Patrícia.
- By 2004, Bündchen had become the highest-paid model in the world, according to a survey by Forbes magazine.
- For a minor role in the 2006 film “The Devils Wears Prada”, she was given $350,000.
- Gisele once said “To be a model is to be half actress. In reality, I am a normal adolescent.”
- Gisele knows and speaks many languages such as Spanish, English, Italian, and Portuguese (native language).
- She has also studied German in school.
- She loves horses very much.
- After the Brazilian clothing C&A hired Bündchen for TV commercials, their sales increased in between 30-40%.
- Bündchen’s nude black and white photograph was auctioned for US$1,93,000 on April 11, 2008.
- Gisele’s official website is giselebundchen.com.br / www.giselebundchen.com.
- Connect with Gisele on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.