|Rodrigo Santoro Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 22, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rodrigo Santoro is a Brazilian actor and voice actor who is best known for playing Persian King Xerxes in the movie 300 (2006) and its sequel 300: Rise of an Empire (2014). In addition to that, he has also gained popularity with his roles like Léo in O Amor Está no Ar, Jesus Christ in Ben-Hur, Túlio/Soccer Announcer in Rio, Lady Di in Carandiru, Wilson Souza Neto in Bicho de Sete Cabeças (a.k.a. Brainstorm), Raul Castro in Che, Karl in Love Actually, Randy Emmers in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, Jimmy Kemple in I Love You Phillip Morris, Alex Castillo in What To Expect When You’re Expecting, Hector Escaton in Westworld, and Paulo in Lost.
Rodrigo Junqueira dos Reis Santoro
Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rodrigo Santoro attended college and studied communications.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Francesco Santoro (Engineer)
- Mother – Maria José Junqueira dos Reis (Artist)
- Sibling – Flávia Junqueira dos Reis Santoro (Sister) (Architect)
- Others – Salvatore “Salvador” Santoro (Paternal Grandfather), Eva Melucci (Paternal Grandmother), Francisco Prudente Junqueira Reis (Maternal Grandfather), Maria Antonietta Ribeiro Bueno (Maternal Grandmother), Marco Antônio (Brother-In-Law), Frederico (Nephew)
Rodrigo has been signed with –
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Troika, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rodrigo Santoro has dated –
- Cássia Linhares (1994-1997) – He was romantically involved with actress Cássia Linhares between 1994 and 1997.
- Luana Piovani (1997-2000) – In 1997, Santoro started dating actress and former model Luana Piovani but they later separated in February 2000. The duo has also worked together in the telenovela Suave Veneno.
- Gisele Bündchen (1999) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with model and actress Gisele Bündchen in 1999.
- Fernanda Lima (2001) – In January 2001, he began going out with actress, model, and television personality Fernanda Lima but the couple broke up the following month.
- Ellen Jabour (2003-2008) – Model Ellen Jabour and Rodrigo Santoro started dating in September 2003. However, their relationship ended after a few years in March 2008.
- Natalie Portman (2009) – In February 2009, it was RUMORed that he had a fling with Natalie Portman, the Israeli-born American actress, director, and producer.
- Jennifer Lopez (2011) – There were RUMORs that Rodrigo Santoro and Jennifer Lopez, the American actress, singer, and dancer, hooked up in August 2011.
- Mel Fronckowiak (2013-Present) – His relationship with actress, writer, and TV host Mel Fronckowiak began in 2013 and they welcomed their first child, a girl named Nina, on May 22, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and has Portuguese ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Rodrigo Santoro Favorite Things
- Present Of All Time – The horse that his grandfather gave him when he was 4 years old
- Actors – Robert De Niro, Al Pacino
Source – IMDb
Rodrigo Santoro Facts
- In 2004, he was included in People (USA) magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful” list.
- Rodrigo Santoro portrayed the character of Brazilian footballer Heleno de Freitas in the 2011 biographical drama film, Heleno. This role won him the “Best Actor” awards at both Havana Film Festival in 2011 and Lima Film Festival in 2012.
- For his performance in What to Expect When You’re Expecting, he was nominated for an ALMA Award for “Best Actor” in 2012.
- Santoro was cast as Jesus Christ in the 2016 American epic historical drama film, Ben-Hur, in which he co-starred alongside Jack Huston, Morgan Freeman, Toby Kebbell, Nazanin Boniadi, and Haluk Bilginer. For this role, he received personal blessings from Pope Francis.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0