|Toby Kebbell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||July 9, 1982|
Toby Kebbell is an English actor. He is best known for his roles in movies such as RocknRolla (2008), War Horse (2011), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014), Fantastic Four (2015), Warcraft (2016), and War for the Planet of the Apes (2017). In 2019, he gained prominence for his role as Sean Turner in the Apple TV+ web series Servant.
Tobias Alistair Patrick Kebbell
South Elmsall, Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Toby attended a Catholic primary school. He then enrolled in The Grove School (later The Newark Academy) in Balderton, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
However, he dropped out of school at the age of 15 and finished his GCSEs at the 6th form from Clarendon College in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
Toby then received his training as an actor at the Central Junior Television Workshop in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England, United Kingdom.
- Father – Robert Kebbell (Engineer)
- Mother – Michelle (née Mathers) (Cook, Landscape Gardener)
- Siblings – Jim Kebbell (Older Brother) (Writer), Matt Kebbell (Older Brother) (Musician), Dominic Kebbell (Older Brother) (Computer Technician)
- Others – Amelie Kebbell (Younger Half-Sister), Leonard William Kebbell (Paternal Grandfather), Lilian Joan Coombs (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur J. D. Mathers. (Maternal Grandfather), Felicity Edith Fennell (Maternal Grandmother), John Falconer Kebbell (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Nora Arline Gorman (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Walter Joseph Coombs (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Elizabeth Rebecca Winfield (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Arthur Barney Fennell (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Violet Edith Brown (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Toby Kebbell is represented by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agent, Theatrical) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Independent Talent Group (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Hobson’s International (Talent Agent Voice) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Imperium 7 Talent Agency (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Rogers & Cowan (Publicist) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush & Kaller (Legal Representative) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Toby Kebbell has dated –
- Gemma Arterton (2008-2009) – Rumor
- Ruzwana Bashir (2009)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Scottish, and Irish descent.
- Towering height
- Protruding ears
- Sharp jawline
Toby Kebbell Favorite Things
- Actors – Johnny Depp, Daniel Day-Lewis, Morgan Freeman, Paul Newman
- Poem – A Poison Tree (1794) by William Blake
Toby Kebbell Facts
- His father was raised in Zimbabwe before moving to Australia, then the United States.
- His parents divorced when he was 18 months old and he was raised by his mom.
- Toby played rugby growing up.
- Toby was kicked out from an acting workshop at the age of 20 because he wasn’t able to take part in a play. He had to work as a waiter on the side to sustain himself and was short on time. He was given a 2nd chance when the workshop asked him to audition for what would become his breakout role as Anthony in the movie Dead Man’s Shoes (2004) alongside Paddy Considine.
- Toby only had 3 days to prepare to play Anthony in the movie. His performance was so impressive that he was nominated for the “Most Promising Newcomer” award at the British Independent Film Awards.
- He can play the piano.
- In order to play a crack-addicted musician Johnny Quid in the movie RocknRolla (2008) alongside Gerard Butler, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy, and Ludacris, he had to work on multiple fronts. Toby learned to play the piano, lost 21 lb or 9.5 kg of weight, and learned to operate a semi-automatic. To best imitate the appearance of a drug addict, Toby also ate 1 meal a day for 3 days before a certain scene.
- Toby joked that Tom Hiddleston is “like an action hero in real life” because he is too handsome. They were co-stars in the movie Kong: Skull Island (2017).
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0