Edward Thomas Hardy
Hammersmith, London, England
Hardy attended Reed’s School in Surrey and Tower House School in London, England. He then learned dramatics from Richmond Drama School, and finally from the Drama Centre London.
- Father – Edward “Chips” Hardy (Writer; Generally writes novels and comedy)
- Mother – Anne (née Barrett) (Painter)
- Siblings – None. He is the only child.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hardy dated –
- Sarah Ward (1999-2004) – Sarah Ward and Tom Hardy married in 1999. Their relationship didn’t work out for long as Hardy indulged into alcoholism and also had a crack cocaine addiction. They divorced in 2004.
- Rachael Speed (2008) – Hardy also had a relationship with Rachael Speed in 2008. The couple has a son together, named Louis Thomas (b. 2008).
- Charlotte Riley (2009-Present) – In 2009, Hardy met the actress, Charlotte Riley. They were filming together for the TV shows The Take and Wuthering Heights. After dating for a couple of months, the actor proposed to her and they got engaged in 2009, which was announced in July 2010. They married in July 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
However, in an interview, he revealed that he has experimented with the same gender as a boy.
- Full lips
- Bodybuilder build
- Raspy voice
- Had done many military roles in the past
He has not endorsed any brands till yet.
His mother is Catholic while he himself is not.
Best Known For
His roles in films like Inception (2010), Bronson (2008), Star Trek: Nemesis (2002), Warrior (2011).
He appeared in the 2001 American war film Black Hawk Down for his role as Spc. Lance Twombly. Hardy’s role is credited as Thomas Hardy in the film.
First TV Show
Tom debuted on television with the TV miniseries on World War II Band of Brothers for his role as Pfc. John Janovec. He only did 2 episodes for the show.
Tom Hardy took the help from the trainer Pnut (ex-US marine) for the 2011 movie “Warrior”. Hardy gives the credit to Pnut for his amazing transformations – physically and mentally. For his role, he trained himself in boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, and Jiu-Jitsu.
Tom Hardy Favorite Things
- Drinks – Tea, coffee, Red Bull, Coca-Cola
Source – ETOnline.com
Tom Hardy Facts
- His mother is of Irish descent.
- He won The Big Breakfast’s Find Me a Supermodel contest when he was 21 (in 1998).
- Hardy has a pet dog named Max.
- He had once got affected by alcoholism and so, he entered rehab and now since 2003, he is sober.
- Mostly, he likes to play the role of bad guys as they can do whatever they want, unlike lead roles.
- He has tons of tattoos on his body. Hardy’s first tattoo was on the right bicep about fighting leprechaun. He got it done at the age of fifteen and it was all done to respect her mother’s Irish heritage.
- Tom revealed that he gets one tattoo after he finished a project or even he goes through something.
- He goes by the nickname Tom, whereas his name is Edward Hardy.
- He has no siblings.
- He is a ballet super fan. Every year, he goes to watch The Nutcracker. Moreover, he supports the English National Ballet.
- He is not on Twitter. He once joined it (with the Twitter handle @TommyHardy77), but left after sometime.