|Johnny Gilbert Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1928|
Johnny Gilbert is an American television personality who has been mainly a gameshow announcer. He is best known for being the announcer for famous television game shows such as The Joker’s Wild, The $10,000 Pyramid, Supermarket Sweep, and Jeopardy. He has also been the longest-serving game show announcer for Jeopardy for more than 3 decades.
John Lewis Gilbert III
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Game Show Host/Announcer
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Johnny has dated –
- Sharee Gilbert – Johnny Gilbert is married to Sharee Gilbert. The couple got married in 1984.
Race / Ethnicity
As a young boy, Johnny used to sing with the Lutheran Church choir.
Best Known For
- Being the announcer at famous television game shows such as The Joker’s Wild (1972-1973), The $10,000 Pyramid (1982-1991), Supermarket Sweep (1990-2000), and Jeopardy (1984-2018)
- Being the Guinness World Record holder for the Longest career as a game show announcer for a single show for Jeopardy!
Johnny made his first theatrical film appearance in Gidget Goes Hawaiian as Johnny Spring in 1961 but his role was uncredited.
First TV Show
Johnny’s first TV show appearance was in Music Bingo as the emcee in 1958.
Johnny Gilbert Favorite Things
- Hobby – Playing golf, Boating
Source – YouTube
Johnny Gilbert Facts
- He decided to be a singer when he was in high school and was trained by an opera teacher. He became a regular vocalist with a group that often toured in Virginia known as Shelly Harmon and His Orchestra.
- A few years after his high school graduation, he heard that the auditions for Dean Hudson Orchestra were being conducted in Jacksonville but he was not sure of the dates. As he got to the venue, he got to know that the position had already been filled.
- His first break in announcing was in Camouflage in 1961.
- He moved to Jacksonville when he was 18 to pursue a career in radio and television.
- Before becoming a successful television announcer, he used to work as a singer at a nightclub.
- He has announced more than 29 shows in his 60 years on television.
- On September 28, 2017, during the season 33 finale of the television game show Jeopardy, Johnny was honored with the Guinness World Records title for the Longest career as a game show announcer for a single show.
- He likes to spend his time playing golf and boating. In an interview, he said that he loves to spend hours even days in the water as a boater.
- Visit his official website @ johnnygilbert.tv.
- Johnny does not have any official social media accounts.
Featured Image by Jeopardy! / YouTube