Hannibal Amir Buress
Chicago, Illinois, United States
He is based in Wicker Park, Chicago. Earlier, he used to live in New York City.
Hannibal Buress went to the Steinmetz College Prep (also called Steinmetz Academic Centre or Steinmetz High School), which is located in Northwest side of Chicago.
After the completion of his school education, he got admission at the Southern Illinois University Carbondale.
Stand-up comedian, Actor, Writer and Producer
- Father – John Burress (Employed by Union Pacific Railroad)
- Mother – Margaret Buress (Teacher)
- Siblings – He has an older sister.
Hannibal Buress is represented by Beverly Hills-based 3 Arts Entertainment.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hannibal Buress is certainly not a fan of media attention and due to this particular reason, he is very protective of his personal life, which makes it very difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life. However, he is known for his hard-partying lifestyle, so he might have had an affair or two.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Buzzcut hairdo
- Often has a goatee beard
Hannibal Buress has appeared in TV advertisements for
- Samsung Pay
- Do Something Organization
His religious views aren’t known. However, he has hinted that he might be an atheist.
Best Known For
- Having released a couple of comedy albums including My Name is Hannibal, Animal Furnace, and Comedy Camisado.
- Being cast in the role of Officer Watkins in the comedy movie, Neighbors. He reprised his role in the movie sequel, Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising.
- Having appeared in the popular movies such as The Nice Guys, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and Baywatch.
In 2010, he released his debut comedy album, My Name is Hannibal.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Sleepwalk with Me. However, his role in the movie was uncredited.
His first credited film role was in the comedy-drama movie, The Kings of Summer, which was released in 2013.
First TV Show
In 2009, Hannibal made his first TV show appearance on the variety TV show, Saturday Night Live.
Information about his workout routine and diet plan isn’t available.
Hannibal Buress Favorite Things
- Chicago Hotspots – Old Town Ale House, Dinner Grill, The Allende Restaurant, The Wicker Park neighborhood
- Current Songs – Molasses by Hiatus Kaiyote, Miss Understanding by Kamasi Washington
- Fictional Character – Gambit from X-Men
- Superpower – Teleport and Flying
- Childhood Items – Video Games
- Vacation Spot – New Orleans
- Signature Sandwich – Ham, Banana peppers, Feta cheese, Some ranch, and Cilantro on a Ciabatta Bun
Source – Food Republic
Hannibal Buress Facts
- After dropping out of the university to focus on his comedy career, he decided to move to New York City, where he stayed with his sister.
- He was kicked out of the house by his sister, which forced him to sleep on the subway for a brief period of time.
- Hannibal started doing standup comedy in 2002. He was studying at the Southern Illinois University at that time.
- After one bad show, he was manhandled off the stage.
- In 2009, he was hired as a writer by Saturday Night Live. However, he left them after 1 year with only one of his written sketches featured in the show.
- He worked as a writer with the comedy show 30 Rock for 6 months before he decided to quit.
- For the premiere event of his movie Spider-Man: Homecoming, he hired his lookalike to attend the event.
- In October 2014, his joke on Bill Cosby being a rapist went viral after it was posted on the Philadelphia magazine’s website. The media furor followed in which it was questioned that how he had managed to maintain his ‘Teflon image’ despite having been subject to s*x abuse allegations for more than a decade.
- In December 2017, he was arrested in Miami for public intoxication and behaving aggressively with a police officer.
- Visit his official website @ hannibalburess.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google+, Tumblr, and Myspace.
Featured Image by Ezmosis / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0