|Shanina Shaik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 11, 1991|
Shanina Shaik is an Australian model who has walked the ramp for various designers and brands like Oscar De La Renta, Jason Wu, Blumarine, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Alberta Ferretti, Philipp Plein, Victoria’s Secret, Tom Ford, Diesel, and Nanette Lepore. She has also graced the covers of magazines such as Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, Harper’s Bazaar Greece, Numéro Russia, Manifesto Asia, L’Beaute, Harper’s Bazaar Arabia, Maxim Mexico, Vogue Brides Australia, Maxim USA, L’Officiel Ukraine, Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam, Cosmopolitan Australia, InStyle Australia, Women’s Health UK, Elle Spain, Marie Claire Australia, Vogue India, Women’s Health Australia, Emirates Woman, and CLEO Australia.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
She started modeling at the age of 8. So, she had an erratic school-going experience. However, she was able to get into high school in an accelerated program in which she graduated 1 year before her classmates.
Fashion / Runway Model
- Father – Hanif Shaik
- Mother – Kim Shaik
- Siblings – Shay Shaik (Brother)
These have been her talent agencies –
- Next Model Management – Paris
- Munich Models
- Premier Model Management
- 2pm Model Management – Copenhagen
- Chic Management
- Next Model Management – London
- Next Model Management – New York
- Next Model Management – Miami
- Next Model Management – Milan
Her net worth has been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
51 kg or 112.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Shanina Shaik has dated –
- Tom Penfold – She was romantically involved with Tom Penfold in the past.
- Tyson Beckford (2008-2015) – Shanina dated Tyson Beckford from 2008 to 2015. However, it was an ON again OFF again relationship. She hooked up with Ryan Leslie and Diddy who secured her a magazine spread, in between.
- Julian Posey (2014) – From May 2014 to July 2014, American football player, Julian Posey was an item with Shanina.
- Sean Combs (2014) – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with rapper, record executive, and entrepreneur Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs in the year 2014.
- Justin Bieber (2015) – During Coachella Music Festival in April 2015, Canadian singer Justin Bieber sparked RUMORs of dating Shanina Shaik.
- Ryan Leslie – American singer and rapper Ryan Leslie was rumored to be dating Shanina Shaik in the past. However, neither of them spoke about their relationship status openly.
- DJ Ruckus (2015-2019) – In June 2015, Shaik started dating American Disc Jockey, DJ Ruckus. It was revealed by Daily Mail UK. They got engaged in January 2016. In April 2018, the couple got married. They announced their separation in June 2019.
- Seyed Payam Mirtorabi (2019-2020) – In December 2019, she started going out with Seyed Payam Mirtorabi but the couple parted ways only after a few months in August 2020.
- Matthew Adesuyan (2020-Present) – In 2020, Shaik started dating advertising agent, Matthew Adesuyan. In May 2022, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together. They welcomed a baby boy named Zai Adesuyan in September 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Australian and Lithuanian ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Pakistani and Saudi Arabian descent on his father’s side.
Hazel (Brownish Green)
- Mixed ethnicity
- Hazel eyes and brown hair
32-23.5-34 in or 81-59.5-86.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Shanina has advertised for brands like Aeropostale, Alloy, Ann Taylor, Avon, Bauhaus, Bloomingdales, Body & Bath Works ‘Dark Kiss’ fragrance, Burda Style, Cotton On, Edward Joseph, Freepeople, General Pants Co, Intermix, Intimissimi, Lovable, Macy’s, Matrix Hair Biolage, New Look, Olay, RMK, Revlon, Seafolly, ShopBop, Urban Outfitters.
In 2016, she stated, “I was born and raised Muslim and I lived a very normal lifestyle. My father is very open to my job and understanding and he is grateful for the woman I have become. I’m a very sophisticated and respectful woman. I had a great upbringing and a great lifestyle with my sibling.”
Later, in 2022, she said that she “didn’t grow up in a religious family” and she is “more of a spiritual person I’d say, and very focused on my mental health. That is something I have given more time to as I get older”.
Best Known For
Walking the ramp for Victoria’s Secret in the 2011 and 2012 fashion shows
She has not done any films. But, appeared in The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show TV movies in 2011 as herself.
First TV Show
Shanina has appeared in Ready to Wear – Autumn / Winter 2009 in which she walked the ramp for Abaete, Lorick, Mara Hoffman, Richie Rich, Shipley & Halmos, Trovata, Yeohlee.
Shanina is known for doing hard workouts. She says she does her favorite exercise – Squats, many times a day. Around 100 times a session is normal for her. But, she has touched 500 figure also in one session, and that also with weights. The squats work your legs, butt, and core. In her own words –
“Every 20 squats, I’d alternate with 10 bicep curls. You could really see the muscle in my legs at the show.”
She is naturally lean and thin. She also does Zumba once a week. Zumba is a Colombian dance fitness program created by choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez. She also likes to run along the Hudson River in New York rather than on the treadmill, which she surely does when she is not on any tour.
Regarding diet, she believes in following a high protein and low carbohydrate diet. She does not like to drink coffee and soft drink; only fruit juices and water. However, she likes to indulge in her splurges like ice creams and pasta. See her full workout routine and diet plan.
Shanina Shaik Facts
- Shanina has no mother agency.
- She started modeling at 8.
- At 15, she participated in Girlfriend Model Competition but did not win.
- She also appeared in the Australian reality show “Make Me A Supermodel” but was runner-up to Rhys Uhlich.
- She is good friends with Nicole Trunfio and Miranda Kerr.
- Her mother is from Lithuania and her father has Pakistani and Saudi Arabian ancestry.
- New York Model Management discovered Shanina.
- Shanina has a dog named, Choppa.
- At 17, she relocated to New York City.