|Oscar de la Renta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1932|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Oscar de la Renta was a world-famous Dominican fashion designer and entrepreneur. He was known for dressing first ladies like Nancy Reagan, Laura Bush, and Hillary Clinton, numerous Hollywood stars, socialites, and others that favored his dresses at parties, red carpet events, and weddings. He had worked under notable fashion designers like Cristóbal Balenciaga and Antonio del Castillo.
Oscar Aristides Ortiz de la Renta Fiallo
Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta was born on July 22, 1932.
He died at the age of 82 on October 20, 2014, due to complications from cancer in Kent, Connecticut, United States.
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Kent, Connecticut, United States
- Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Oscar de la Renta studied painting in Spain at the Academy of San Fernando in Madrid.
Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Singer
- Father – Óscar Avelino De La Renta (Owned Insurance Company)
- Mother – Carmen María Antonia Fiallo
- Siblings – He had 6 older sisters.
- Others – Juan José Renta López (Paternal Grandfather), Antonia López Meletiche (Paternal Grandmother), Johanna Peres Yarloop (Maternal Grandmother), Juan Jamon Rodriguez Fiallo (Maternal Grandfather), Luis Arístides Fiallo Cabral (Maternal Uncle) (Doctor, Lawyer, Architect), Fabio Fiallo (Maternal Uncle) (Diplomat, Poet), José Ortíz de la Renta (Paternal Great-Great-Grandfather) (The first Mayor of Ponce, Puerto Rico), Alex Bolen (Son-In-Law), Eliza Bolen (Step-Daughter), Fritz Mannheimer (Father-In-Law), Jane née Reiss (Mother-In-Law)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Oscar de la Renta had dated –
- Françoise de Langlade – They married on October 31, 1967. They were together till her death on June 17, 1983.
- Annette Reed – They got married on December 26, 1989.
Race / Ethnicity
He had the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rican, and Spanish (Extremaduran, Castilian) ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Often seen in suits
- High cheekbones
He was raised a Catholic.
Oscar de la Renta Favorite Things
- Dominican Republican Dish – Rice pudding made with lots of milk and masses of sugar and cinnamon
- Restaurant – La Grenouille
Source – Bon Appetit
Oscar de la Renta Facts
- After the death of his first wife, Françoise de Langlade, Oscar de la Renta adopted a boy from the Dominican Republic named Moisés.
- He enjoyed cooking.
- He liked indulging in Bloody Marys on airplanes, vodka on the rocks at night, rum drinks in Santo Domingo, champagne, any good red wine, and dry white wine.
- Oscar was an unofficial ambassador of the Dominican Republic and had a diplomatic passport.
- He originally wanted to be an abstract painter and moved to Madrid, Spain, at age 18.
- His first full-time job was a couture assistant at Paris-based Lanvin.
- He loved playing dominoes.
- In 1996, he released an album of love songs in Spanish titled Recordando Amores Imposible.
- An avid philanthropist, he founded an orphanage called Casa del Niño in La Romana, Dominican Republic.
- He considered designer Cristóbal Balenciaga his mentor.
- Twice he had been appointed president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
Featured Image by The New York Times / YouTube