|Jason Wu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1982|
Jason Wu is a Taiwanese-Canadian fashion designer and artist who is based in New York City. He’s well-known as one of the most sought-after fashion designers, who’s behind the captivating dresses and gowns worn by renowned personalities, public figures, and celebrities.
He attended Eaglebrook School situated in Deerfield, Massachusetts, and went on to attend Loomis Chaffee situated in Windsor, Connecticut. He studied abroad with SYA France of School Year Abroad and later went to Tokyo to study sculpture.
Following his decision to become a fashion designer, he moved to New York City and went to the Parsons The New School for Design.
Artist, Fashion Designer
He self-manages himself.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jason Wu has dated –
- Gustavo Rangel (2016-Present) – In April 2016, Jason Wu got married to Gustavo Rangel in Mexico.
Race / Ethnicity
- Small Face
- Plump Lips
Jason Wu Facts
- At the age of 16, he started learning how to create freelance dolls clothing designs for the toy company Integrity Toys where he worked under 2 doll clothing lines, “Jason Wu dolls” and later “Fashion Royalty”. A year after, he was then named as the creative director of the company.
- His first fashion collection began in 2003.
- He was able to launch his own ready-to-wear clothing line with income gathered from all the years he worked as a doll clothing designer.
- In 2006, his dresses were photographed by Howard Schatz and the set up was underwater. The shoot was done for the Delta Faucet Company‘s Brizo branded faucet campaign.
- In 2008, he was awarded the Fashion Group International’s “Rising Star” award. Around the same time, Wu was nominated for the CFDA / Vogue Fashion Fund award.
- He has worked with many A-list clients including Ivana Trump, January Jones, Amber Valletta, and drag queen RuPaul.
- He has done collaborative works with Creative Nail Design for his 2011 Spring collection.
- In June 2013, he was named as the art director of the German fashion house Hugo Boss.
- Wu is also known for designing the dresses of former US first lady Michelle Obama on several occasions including those she worn during the first and 2nd inauguration of former US President Barack Obama. Obama was first introduced to Wu by the Vogue magazine’s editor-at-large, Leon Talley, who had also worked as the adviser of the Obamas on their appearance.
- He tends to often share most of his elegant creations on Instagram. Also, Wu uploads photos of his clients wearing his gowns and dresses, seemingly using his social media as portals to promote and market his designs.
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC-BY-3.0